Is this what the average fatherless household looks like?

ba'al

Vasectomy Gang
Supporter
Daps
I mean the men in the father's circle. The loud voices are always about the ones who ain't doing shyt so much so that we ignore the dads who are. But that comes when the community isn't allowed to shape shape own narrative. Which is another thread in and of itself
So like these biological father's friends and family? Birds of a feather I imagine. Most people hang with similar or like minded people. If he's not active in his kids life, i imagine is friends aren't either and then family would be somewhat paradoxical because if he's around his family he's not an absentee father.

DaPresident

Miami Hurricanes football fan...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Miami Hurricanes,Dallas Cowboys, St. John's, DMV
That’s a sad situation for that young lady and her mother.

Grandfather just sitting there helpless. That sucks all around. Men not being responsible fathers hurts so many not just the children the whole family unit, and in turn, the community.

cyndaquil

Lv 100 Bold natured
Daps
Reppin
JOHTO REGION
So like these biological father's friends and family? Birds of a feather I imagine. Most people hang with similar or like minded people. If he's not active in his kids life, i imagine is friends aren't either and then family would be somewhat paradoxical because if he's around his family he's not an absentee father.
True they probably cut off or limit contact with the people who will get on them about that. Or they don't hold themselves accountable and blame it on someone else. I know there's actual cases where the mother keeps the child from the father but I'm talking actual deadbeats.
We also gotta discuss the women who keep the father out their children's lives to actively spite them as well

Anerdyblackguy

Gotta learn how to kill a nikka from the inside
Supporter
Daps
This is more of a resource or lack of resources issue. You can have a father in the house but if you grow up in poverty this is still a likely outcome.

A single mother who makes over 150k to 200k a year but has access to more extensive resources will most likely make sure her kid avoids this scenario.

ba'al

Vasectomy Gang
Supporter
Daps
True they probably cut off or limit contact with the people who will get on them about that. Or they don't hold themselves accountable and blame it on someone else. I know there's actual cases where the mother keeps the child from the father but I'm talking actual deadbeats.
We also gotta discuss the women who keep the father out their children's lives to actively spite them as well
Family estrangement is becoming more and more common so maybe you have a point. Especially with the male loneliness epidemic.

That could be a thread right there. Are you or have you been separated from your family? And do a poll maybe why or why not.

Ryda52

All Star
Daps
:noah:Momma fine tho.

:yeshrug: She a scumbag for calling the cops on her daughter tho who was clearly no threat.

Last edited:

The Burger King

Fast Food Gangsta
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
East Whopper City
This is more of a resource or lack of resources issue. You can have a father in the house but if you grow up in poverty this is still a likely outcome.

A single mother who makes over 150k to 200k a year but has access to more extensive resources will most likely make sure her kid avoids this scenario.
:mjlol: This is why the situation will never get better. Always an excuse.

Just watching a few minutes of the video, the neighborhood doesn’t look bad. Not wealthy, but not the hood either.

Also, notice how the social worker attempted to deescalate the situation was called a “nerd” by the girl?

This is how a lot of these kids view black men who attempt to guide them in the correct direction, hence the reason why many black men ain’t trying to be “mentors”.

RickyDiBiase

The Sword of Jesus of Nazareth
Daps
Reppin
Cbus
If we're being honest GOOD stepfathers are doing a big service to the community at large by molding better men. They should be given props to be honest rather than clowned but on the other hand the fact they even need to exist in the first place is an issue. Why is the biological father if alive not being shamed into taking care of his kids? Why is the mother choosing irresponsible men? All this looks based choosing is an issue we don't wanna address...

Anybody who clowns a stepfather is a fukking c00n and their opinion on anything is not need to be taken seriously.