Is this true that the Buddha was black?

Torrez

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I already said Gautama was not black, you can check my previous posts if you got the time. What do you want me to do, fly out and take dated photos of the statues? You already don't believe the dreadlocks, why take it further. And of course it will be on pro-black websites. You expect pro-white websites to claim Buddha was black? :dead: I bet you still believe Beethoven and Alexandre Dumas were white too :heh: :mjpls: :lolbron: Let's just agree to disagree and keep it civil

Fair enough. As to the Beethoven thing, I don't really know or care breh, its possible but I found this pretty quick, I'm sure there is plenty of sites investigating him being black, I'll look into a bunch of them another time:

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Was_Beethoven_Black

And Dumas not sure haven't looked into that at all.

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Fair enough. As to the Beethoven thing, I don't really know or care breh, its possible but I found this pretty quick, I'm sure there is plenty of sites investigating him being black, I'll look into a bunch of them another time:

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Was_Beethoven_Black

And Dumas not sure haven't looked into that at all.
"His(Beethoven) mother, Maria Magdalena"

:ohmy:

Beethoven was JESUS in musical form! :krs:

Clem

Get out my way, pimpin'.
Daps
Reppin
California
Yama+Right+Side+Black+and+White.jpg

Yeah, because cornrows are indicative of an Indian man or Aryan Persian :dead: And when the f*ck was Buddhism primarily associated with India? You meant probably meant Hinduism, but of course, I expect nothing less from someone of your ilk :heh:

Allen-Iverson-cornrow-braids-hairstyle.jpg

:ohhh:

GetInTheTruck

Daps
Reppin
Queens
All these essays being typed and still no one has given an example of anything even resembling buddhism being taught or practiced in Africa.

can one of y'all please name me some african gurus who were doing their thing before the buddha?

"mankind has its roots in africa so therefore everything comes from africa" isn't a valid argument guys, sorry.

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
All these essays being typed and still no one has given an example of anything even resembling buddhism being taught or practiced in Africa.

can one of y'all please name me some african gurus who were doing their thing before the buddha?

"mankind has its roots in africa so therefore everything comes from africa" isn't a valid argument guys, sorry.

This is the sad part of it. In trying to validate the role of Africa in the history of mankind, dudes are marginalizing other cultures.

Why? That's a play from the white mans playbook. The Steal Option.

GetInTheTruck

Daps
Reppin
Queens
I'm not repeating myself after this post. After this, you're SoL. Buddhism and it's customs today may have 'officially' started in India, but where did it's founder(s) get ideas about this religion. From past religions. And where did those religions get their ideas, on their own? Yeah I suppose if you look at it that way but as nas said 'no idea's original'. So to make you happy because I understand clearly what you are talking about, buddhism as it's commonly known did originate in India, but even then AGAIN, millions of black made that their home when they migrated out of Africa, and out of these many black people, a white guy with locks is the founder of a religion about enlightenment. The same white guy who loved same sex relationships, war & conquest, cannibalism etc etc back in greece/rome and even today. Ya, I suppose so. Although speaking with you reminds me of the same people who would also say jesus and prophet muhammad were white and it were these religions they founded that 'civilized' the savage blacks. Even though Jesus wasn't the founder or origin of christianity and in the quran 30:30 it says Islam is MUCH older than 1400 years.

And these African spiritual teachers you keep associating me with that I never spoke of, but I see how you roll. When I speak of past buddhas I'm talking about normal everyday people who don't have a wiki page. People who come into a mental birth and understand the reality of god. The Buddhism founded by gautama was not the 1st and only culture or religion to make enlightened people thus becoming a buddha.

As you said before, you understand what I'm saying, so really you're just disagreeing with everything I post and putting words in my mouth to get something out of it. There's nothing more that needs to be said, either you reject it or accept it.

Okay man, so name some of these "past religions," that's all I'm really asking for. You keep referencing these great ancient black schools of thought that inspired the bulk of what is commonly known today as eastern philosophy but yet you can't name any of them. Is it because the white man erased it from history? :skip: :rudy:

GetInTheTruck

Daps
Reppin
Queens
This is the sad part of it. In trying to validate the role of Africa in the history of mankind, dudes are marginalizing other cultures.

Why? That's a play from the white mans playbook. The Steal Option.

The shyt that gets me is this: we rightfully clown white people for denying ancient egypt was "black" when it sits on the continent of Africa. But yet these clowns don't see anything wrong with taking shyt from India, China, or wherever else and trying to claim it :heh:

Africa has a rich enough history to stand firm on it's own merit. All this extra shyt aint even necessary.

blackzeus

Superstar
Daps

In 300 years MJ and AI will be known as white guys :mjpls: All this religion sh*t is man-made. Africans basic spiritual philosophy was a bunch of common cultural rules. Naturally, somebody wanting to monetize/monopolize the spiritual movement, turn it into a RELIGION. With that said (because y'all only believe white sources), to those saying no proof of African origins of these concepts have been presented:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Traditional_African_religion

West African religious tradition

The work of both Karade[12] and Doumbia[13] support the stance that the concept of force or spirit is a shared underlying theme among the spiritual traditions of the Sudanic cultures (i.e. those west of Cameroon and south of the Sahara). Karade asserts that, in the Yoruba tradition of Nigeria, force is called ashe. He further posits that the task of a Yoruba practitioner is to contemplate and/or ceremonially embody the various deities and/or ancestral energies or profundities in ways analogous to how chakras are contemplated in kundalini yoga.[14] :mjpls: In other words, the deities represent energies, attitudes, or potential ways to approach life. The goal is to elevate awareness while either in or contemplating any of these states of mind such that one can transmute negative or wasteful aspects of their energy into conduct and mindsets that serve as virtuous examples for oneself and the greater community. Doumbia and Doumbia[13] echo this sentiment for the Mande tradition of Senegal, Mali, and many other regions of westernmost Africa.[15] Here however, the force concept is represented by the term nyama rather than ashe

Akan religion

The Akan people of Ghana and Côte d'Ivoire believe in a supreme god who takes on various names depending on the region of worship. Akan mythology claims that at one time the god interacted with man (Eden :mjpls:, but that after being continually struck by the pestle of an old woman pounding fufu, a traditional food, he moved into the sky. (Fall of adam by way of Eve?)[18] There are no priests that serve him directly, and people believe that they may make direct contact with him. (prayer?) There are also numerous spirits (abosom), who receive their power from the supreme god and are most often connected to the world as it appears in its natural state. (angels?)These include ocean and riverine spirits and various local deities. Priests serve individual spirits and act as mediators between the gods and mankind. (Pastors/catholic priests?) Nearly everyone participates in daily prayer, which includes the pouring of libations as an offering to both the ancestors who are buried in the land and to the spirits who are everywhere.

I could go on and on, but it's a f*ckin' nice day, and a lot of y'all Indians/whites are in a state of shock/denial. It's all good, it's the first step the to inevitable conclusion :smugfavre:

Hip-Hop-Bulls

All Star
Daps

Hip-Hop-Bulls

All Star
Daps
Those are Indian religions which will of course have some similarities to buddhism. I'm more interested in the ancient black religions which you say influenced all of these. Name those.

ok so now we've come to an understanding that buddhism is older than 2500 years right?

Hinduism is said to be the oldest religion in the world. Some consider it the 2nd oldest to what is called animism. Now knowing that people of India came from Africa would it not make sense if they used what they learned in Africa to manifest the religions made in India??? Just like how the asains used hinduism, Buddhism etc to manifest some of their newer religions.

OsO

Souldier
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Okay man, so name some of these "past religions," that's all I'm really asking for. You keep referencing these great ancient black schools of thought that inspired the bulk of what is commonly known today as eastern philosophy but yet you can't name any of them. Is it because the white man erased it from history? :skip: :rudy:

:russ: