Is this true that the Buddha was black?

The Real

Anti-Ignorance
Daps
Reppin
NYC
ok so now we've come to an understanding that buddhism is older than 2500 years right?

Hinduism is said to be the oldest religion in the world. Some consider it the 2nd oldest to what is called animism. Now knowing that people of India came from Africa would it not make sense if they used what they learned in Africa to manifest the religions made in India??? Just like how the asains used hinduism, Buddhism etc to manifest some of their newer religions.

Ancient Hinduism is more similar to the religions of Europe and Persia than any African religion. They all share several cultural (and linguistic) similarities that suggest that they have a common ancestry.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proto-Indo-Europeans

Hip-Hop-Bulls

All Star
Daps
You a 5 percenter in 2013 bruh? :flabbynsick:

There's nothing wrong with the nation, the gods always been here, a lot of the rappers using our language back in the 90s were simply using it because it grabbed the peoples ear.

Out of all the MCs from the 80s and 90s, only a few were actually in the Nation of Gods & Earths.

Rakim
Big Daddy Kane
Brand Nubian
Lakim Shabazz
RZA
GZA
Masta Killa
Poor Righteous Teachers
Butterfly from Digable Planets
Jus Allah
Just-Ice or Justice
and then killa bees like killarmy, gravediggaz, allah mathematics etc

Everybody else is to my knowledge may be a 5%er(one who speaks in truth)but not in the nation.

don't agree with what we teach? that's fine...

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps
There's nothing wrong with the nation, the gods always been here, a lot of the rappers using our language back in the 90s were simply using it because it grabbed the peoples ear.

Out of all the MCs from the 80s and 90s, only a few were actually in the Nation of Gods & Earths.

Rakim
Big Daddy Kane
Brand Nubian
Lakim Shabazz
RZA
GZA
Masta Killa
Poor Righteous Teachers
Butterfly from Digable Planets
Jus Allah
Just-Ice or Justice
and then killa bees like killarmy, gravediggaz, allah mathematics etc

Everybody else is to my knowledge may be a 5%er(one who speaks in truth)but not in the nation.

don't agree with what we teach? that's fine...

Oh, I know. I'll never discount the contributions 5%ers have made to hip-hop. I don't believe in the stuff they preach, but they've produced classic hip-hop for days.

You left out KMD, btw. Mr. Hood is a classic.

Hip-Hop-Bulls

All Star
Daps
Oh, I know. I'll never discount the contributions 5%ers have made to hip-hop. I don't believe in the stuff they preach, but they've produced classic hip-hop for days.

You left out KMD, btw. Mr. Hood is a classic.

indeed

[ame]http://youtu.be/Q_3GgAALPkQ[/ame]

KENNY DA COOKER

HARD ON HOES is not a word it's a LIFESTYLE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
F
buddha is a title...

EXACTLY...true indeed lord!!

Buddah just like Christ..or Messiah, or Guru or even "God" is a title

i recall visiting a buddhist temple during my college years asking the Abbot what defines "buddah"

and he simply said a state of being..that EVERYBODY can and should aspire to be a "A BUDDAH"

since then i realized I AM enlightned :blessed:

Hip-Hop-Bulls

All Star
Daps
EXACTLY...true indeed lord!!

Buddah just like Christ..or Messiah, or Guru or even "God" is a title

i recall visiting a buddhist temple during my college years asking the Abbot what defines "buddah"

and he simply said a state of being..that EVERYBODY can and should aspire to be a "A BUDDAH"

since then i realized I AM enlightned :blessed:

This post is the truth! Peace son

Blackking

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Ancient Hinduism is more similar to the religions of Europe and Persia than any African religion. They all share several cultural (and linguistic) similarities that suggest that they have a common ancestry.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proto-Indo-Europeans

This isn't true.. well it is true that they had a common ancestor, but that common ancestor had more to do with the aboriginal people of ancient India and the founders of ancient greece who were African.

Regardless,
http://www.sciencemag.org/content/332/6027/346.abstract

and
http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/...ionid=327B3D37AE8CBD7D6200A7F7C3BA5D71.d01t04
Greeks are found to have a substantial relatedness to sub-Saharan (Ethiopian) people, which separate them from other Mediterranean groups. Both Greeks and Ethiopians share quasi-specific DRB1 alleles, such as *0305, *0307, *0411, *0413, *0416, *0417, *0420, *1110, *1112, *1304 and *1310. Genetic distances are closer between Greeks and Ethiopian/sub-Saharan groups than to any other Mediterranean group and finally Greeks cluster with Ethiopians/sub-Saharans in both neighbour joining dendrograms and correspondence analyses. The time period when these relationships might have occurred was ancient but uncertain and might be related to the displacement of Egyptian-Ethiopian people living in pharaonic Egypt.

Not to mention, you can take any part of the religion and trace it back.. but the trace isn't a loose trace due to similarities.... its a direct link to migrations and cultural influences. We can pretend like enlightenment philosophies and animal scarifies, sun gods, etc have nothing to do with the african roots of all that..... but it's interesting to me that you can take any random part of the religious culture and directly trace it back.. like the Spinx all over India (that are still a part of the culture) and other parts of Asia.. or the spinx that was important to greek mythology... that concept was created and transferred from Africa.. especially the greek one.

There is a reason why you would even bring up indo europen culture- here is is http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Athena#The_ideologies_of_classical_scholarship
"Bernal emphasizes African elements in Ancient Near Eastern culture and denounces the alleged Eurocentrism of 19th and 20th century research, including the very slogan "Ex Oriente Lux" of Orientalists which, according to Bernal, betrays "the Western appropriation of ancient Near Eastern culture for the sake of its own development"

The Real

Anti-Ignorance
Daps
Reppin
NYC
This isn't true.. well it is true that they had a common ancestor, but that common ancestor had more to do with the aboriginal people of ancient India and the founders of ancient greece who were African.

Regardless,
http://www.sciencemag.org/content/332/6027/346.abstract

and
http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/...ionid=327B3D37AE8CBD7D6200A7F7C3BA5D71.d01t04
Greeks are found to have a substantial relatedness to sub-Saharan (Ethiopian) people, which separate them from other Mediterranean groups. Both Greeks and Ethiopians share quasi-specific DRB1 alleles, such as *0305, *0307, *0411, *0413, *0416, *0417, *0420, *1110, *1112, *1304 and *1310. Genetic distances are closer between Greeks and Ethiopian/sub-Saharan groups than to any other Mediterranean group and finally Greeks cluster with Ethiopians/sub-Saharans in both neighbour joining dendrograms and correspondence analyses. The time period when these relationships might have occurred was ancient but uncertain and might be related to the displacement of Egyptian-Ethiopian people living in pharaonic Egypt.

Not to mention, you can take any part of the religion and trace it back.. but the trace isn't a loose trace due to similarities.... its a direct link to migrations and cultural influences. We can pretend like enlightenment philosophies and animal scarifies, sun gods, etc have nothing to do with the african roots of all that..... but it's interesting to me that you can take any random part of the religious culture and directly trace it back.. like the Spinx all over India (that are still a part of the culture) and other parts of Asia.. or the spinx that was important to greek mythology... that concept was created and transferred from Africa.. especially the greek one.

There is a reason why you would even bring up indo europen culture- here is is http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Athena#The_ideologies_of_classical_scholarship
"Bernal emphasizes African elements in Ancient Near Eastern culture and denounces the alleged Eurocentrism of 19th and 20th century research, including the very slogan "Ex Oriente Lux" of Orientalists which, according to Bernal, betrays "the Western appropriation of ancient Near Eastern culture for the sake of its own development"

Breh Indo-European isn't just Greek. It's all Europe. And those other European religions aren't descended from Greek religion- their similarities are the result of a common ancestor that is older than all of them, the Greeks included, and probably originated in Central Asia. But your argument at this point is basically that all European and Persian and Indian beliefs are African in origin, which to me is reaching like crazy.

Blackking

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Those are Indian religions which will of course have some similarities to buddhism. I'm more interested in the ancient black religions which you say influenced all of these. Name those.

Who do you supposed the aboriginal Indians were? Whoever you believe these people to be are the ones that laid the foundations of Buddhism.

Here is one of the philosophical principles from the Africans that created empires and religions in India all the way up until the were pushed into southern india about 800 bce..

"Whatsoever from whoever's mouth is heard, from that, discerning the truth is knowledge."

You should take you black ancestors advice breh.

Also, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion_in_ancient_Tamil_country

The Sangam period of Tamizhagam (c. 200 BCE to 200 CE) was characterized by the co-existence of many religions: Brahminism, Buddhism and Jainism alongside native Dravidian worship. The monarchs of the time practiced religious tolerance and openly encouraged religious discussions and invited teachers of every sect to the public halls to preach their doctrines.

Henry O. Thompson's definition of Hinduism included native Dravidian religion as one of his "panorama of tribal religions" that formed it.

Or we can go with a white washed and proven incorrect version of history.. http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/624479/Vedic-religion
the religion of the ancient Indo-European-speaking peoples who entered India about 1500 bce from the region of present-day Iran.

There is a reason that people like David Duke loved visiting India
and why the nation helped them form racist viewpoints. The Aryan invasion not only put dark people at the bottom of society, but it put history in the land of fukkery.

Buddah didn't show up until the 6th century in India. I don't believe The Dalit in India would agree with your pov on this subject.. There are African Indian magazines, publications in India that identify with the struggle of the African American because they are on the bottom of society and they also had their Ancient indian history stolen from them- they way all people of the African Diaspora had history stolen from various times and locations.

Also where do you supposed The Naga people of ancient India come from?

Besides, think of the religious history like this.. what do white people do best.. it's not violence, it's the mental fukkery. Of course everyone knows that if you look in the English dictionary and look at the meaning of the words containing black and white you get negative and positive words. The Aryans that invaded india did the same thing. Hindu means everything negative while aryan means everything positive.
You can think of it as ignorance over thousands of years... which is scary to think of. Ignorance develops until it becomes the common knowledge. Just like we are starting to associate Islam with Arabs, when most Muslims aren't arab- Imagine that sh1t over thousands of years.... Originally Hindu just meant a person from India.. most of those people being black.. years later everyone believes it comes from some religion supposedly called Hinduism that was created in India having nothing to do with prior African religions.

Blackking

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Breh Indo-European isn't just Greek. It's all Europe. And those other European religions aren't descended from Greek religion- their similarities are the result of a common ancestor that is older than all of them, the Greeks included, and probably originated in Central Asia. But your argument at this point is basically that all European and Persian and Indian beliefs are African in origin, which to me is reaching like crazy.
I don't know All European and Persian and Indian beliefs. I just know that what I said is true.
But it's not my pov, it's fact. You are in fact the one reaching. I just don't get why you said false things in each of your post. First Buddah was in the caste system you say- I say he wasn't affected by that (history has been corrected).. then you say other random sh1t (history has been corrected on all of that as well)
As a matter of fact I suspect that you aren't reach but just guessing. You say "probably " because you don't know... well you should just do some research with an open mind. It's ironic that you can't research with an open mind while we are discussing Buddhism.

The Real

Anti-Ignorance
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I don't know All European and Persian and Indian beliefs. I just know that what I said is true.
But it's not my pov, it's fact. You are in fact the one reaching. I just don't get why you said false things in each of your post. First Buddah was in the caste system you say- I say he wasn't affected by that (history has been corrected).. then you say other random sh1t (history has been corrected on all of that as well)
As a matter of fact I suspect that you aren't reach but just guessing. You say "probably " because you don't know... well you should just do some research with an open mind. It's ironic that you can't research with an open mind while we are discussing Buddhism.

I'm not sure what you're getting at here at all. Buddha was born into a ruling family- that's high caste. He was a prince. That's well-documented, and there are no credible accounts to the contrary. As for the other stuff that you call "random shyt," everything I said is easily found, as they are the dominant scholarly opinions on the subject, backed up by decades of research and archaeological evidence. I haven't made up any theories yet. Your explanation, on the other hand, seems purely speculative to me.

Blackking

Banned
Supporter
Daps
I'm not sure what you're getting at here at all. Buddha was born into a ruling family- that's high caste. He was a prince. That's well-documented, and there are no credible accounts to the contrary. As for the other stuff that you call "random shyt," everything I said is easily found, as they are the dominant scholarly opinions on the subject, backed up by decades of research and archaeological evidence. I haven't made up any theories yet. Your explanation, on the other hand, seems purely speculative to me.

Well I'm not speculating because I'm not an anthropologist like you. You can research everything I mentioned to see what it "seems" like.

Besides, I'm not saying that it was only African influence or only African religions. I'm just saying that the things I mentioned are true.

There are better sources but right from wiki it states The Buddha's community does not seem to have had a caste system. So what do you call well documented? Every single thing I mentioned is well documented.. the things you are saying are based on varying oral traditional mythological accounts which is crazy and strange to me being that your an atheist.

EDIT: and don't get it confused. I could chose to argue your side better than you are doing... but obviously I'm going to chose the side that people are ignorant of. I'm not going to act like Shramana ideas from Africa didn't combine with Vedic ideas, but let not get confused on the early African inhabitants and ideas of Ancient India.
But whatever... most of the world thinks like you so I guess it's pointless to state facts now.