Is this true that the Buddha was black?

Blackking

Banned
Supporter
Daps
That sounds like a massive reach dog

http://nypl.bibliocommons.com/item/show/12044171052_african_presence_in_early_asia

Professor Lynn Throndike described their (ancient Indian) ancient forefathers as "short black men with Negro noses." Dr. Will Durant referred to them as "a dark skinned, broad nosed people whom we refer to as the Dravidians in the Indus Valley.

The black rulers and culture in India peak around 300BCE... so I guess what they are saying is that with 200 years the sh1t completely flip flopped and Buddah basically was an aryan with no African influence in philosophy. The Africans in india weren't fully push south until 800 bcE.. it take more than 400 years to dilute an entire race... Even the black people in America still look black, we may not look West African, but that doesn't make us not black. I guess now that the Indians who were more mixed with cac- have violently oppressed and terrorized everyone for centuries we are supposed to forget that history... especially if people on forum are good with that googlesearch knowledge.

I say BCE... because you might get smacked up for saying BC in HL.. that is just another way that atheist are oppressed in this world.

Even Wikipedia is disgusting and beats around the bush at times... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dravidian_peoples

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
http://nypl.bibliocommons.com/item/show/12044171052_african_presence_in_early_asia

Professor Lynn Throndike described their (ancient Indian) ancient forefathers as "short black men with Negro noses." Dr. Will Durant referred to them as "a dark skinned, broad nosed people whom we refer to as the Dravidians in the Indus Valley.

The black rulers and culture in India peak around 300BCE... so I guess what they are saying is that with 200 years the sh1t completely flip flopped and Buddah basically was an aryan with no African influence in philosophy. The Africans in india weren't fully push south until 800 bcE.. it take more than 400 years to dilute an entire race... Even the black people in America still look black, we may not look West African, but that doesn't make us not black. I guess now that the Indians who were more mixed with cac- have violently oppressed and terrorized everyone for centuries we are supposed to forget that history... especially if people on forum are good with that googlesearch knowledge.

I say BCE... because you might get smacked up for saying BC in HL.. that is just another way that atheist are oppressed in this world.

Even Wikipedia is disgusting and beats around the bush at times... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dravidian_peoples

thanks for sharing, I'll do some reading tonight

blackzeus

Superstar
Daps
:beli:

51-xgy9awal-_ss500_.jpg

The-More-You-Know.gif

http://reluctant-messenger.com/issa.htm

Notovitch learned, while he was there, that there existed ancient records of the life of Jesus Christ. In the course of his visit at the great convent, he located a Tibetan translation of the legend and carefully noted in his carnet de voyage over two hundred verses from the curious document known as "The Life of St. Issa."

He was shown two large yellowed volumes containing the biography of St. Issa. Notovitch enlisted a member of his party to translate the Tibetan volumes while he carefully noted each verse in the back pages of his journal.

When he returned to the western world there was much controversy as to the authenticity of the document. He was accused of creating a hoax and was ridiculed as an imposter. In his defense he encouraged a scientific expedition to prove the original tibetan documents existed.

One of his skeptics was Swami Abhedananda. Abhedananda journeyed into the arctic region of the Himalayas, determined to find a copy of the Himis manuscript or to expose the fraud. His book of travels, entitled Kashmir O Tibetti, tells of a visit to the Himis gonpa and includes a Bengali translation of two hundred twenty-four verses essentially the same as the Notovitch text. Abhedananda was thereby convinced of the authenticity of the Issa legend.

The-More-You-Know.gif

Again, we can speculate on this, I don't care if you agree or not. What I would like to know, is simply how can anybody deny f*ckin' cornrows, wide nose, and big lips on a statue are not indicative the inspiration for the statue was a black man? :snoop: "What is the definition of is" azz nikkas :pacspit:

Torrez

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
buddha4.jpg

leshan-giant-buddha-002-b.jpg

13900735-the-back-of-a-buddha-s-head-featuring-an-ear-and-hair-details-this-is-an-an-abstract-of-an-authentic.jpg

7536583970_ed6233ec19_z.jpg

images

Yama+front+Black+and+White.jpg

^^^Yes, definitely not black :heh:

That second picture is of Leshan the Giant Buddha builty during the Tang Dynasty around 618–907AD. Irrelevant, the rest of those pictures are from Pro Black type sites that are trying to attribute Buddhism to Africa. Provide dates for those statues backed with scholarly references or just stop it.

Breh the very first statues that represented Buddha didn't look like that. Once again just to clarify no one really knows what Siddhartha Gautama looks like for sure, but the evidence indicates he was an East Indian man.

The aesthetic style of all of the very first statues of Buddha were based on classical Greek. Before statues of the Buddha ever started to be made he was only represented symbolically by the Dharma Wheel or a stupa. The first statues were made some 300 years after his death. So the statues you are posting from other parts of the world, are much newer, they came at a later time and are representing later Buddha's which is irrelavent to the discussion or they have nothing to do with Buddha's at all.

Torrez

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Never said buddhism started but thanks for putting words in my mouth. next everything from religion to people has it's origins in what is called Africa. AGAIN buddhism is about enlightenment so this 'myth' that it originated in India around 500bc and that gautama was it's founder is FALSE. Buddhism the 'religion' has connections with Jainism and hinduism, and before them the religions they practiced before leaving Africa.

So did it begin in India with guatama, 'officially' yeah. I suppose that the design of the washington monument originated in the states too since thats where it is...

Is that really your argument, that meditation and other aspects and ways of thinking associated with Buddhism existed prior. So as a result since Siddhartha Gautama was practicing some of those things he should not be given credit for inventing the religion and practices that it is defined by. By that logic Bill Gates and his goons at Microsoft didn't invent Microsoft Office, I mean you need programming for that and for programming you need 0's and 1's lets give the credit to the man who invented numbers.

Type Username Here

Not a new member
Daps
Reppin
humans
Is that really your argument, that meditation and other aspects and ways of thinking associated with Buddhism existed prior. So as a result since Siddhartha Gautama was practicing some of those things he should not be given credit for inventing the religion and practices that it is defined by. By that logic Bill Gates and his goons at Microsoft didn't invent Microsoft Office, I mean you need programming for that and for programming you need 0's and 1's lets give the credit to the man who invented numbers.

A black man did that. No, I meant it seriously.

Blackking

Banned
Supporter
Daps
By that logic Bill Gates and his goons at Microsoft didn't invent Microsoft Office, I mean you need programming for that and for programming you need 0's and 1's lets give the credit to the man who invented numbers.

Historically speaking... If a green man invented an office suite of desktop applications.... that performed the same functions.. And a blue corporation bought them out or just stole their basic ideas and re-branded it under a corporation that dominates the market....... Yes all credit would absolutely go to the blue people. That is the way much of history works.

In the year 2098 there would surely be people who said that green people were the originators of a bundled set of applications that eventually led to MS office.. of course everyone would scream :duck:

Hip-Hop-Bulls

All Star
Daps
Buddhism is about much more than "enlightenment," its a spiritual philosophy which has a whole set of guidelines and principles by which one proceeds to achieve that "enlightenment," none of which were developed in Africa.

Its cute that you want to simplify things to match your wishful thinking, but I'm afraid that won't cut it. If the teachings of Buddhism have their origins in Africa, then show us some examples of an ancient African people adhering to a similar doctrine. Where is the recorded evidence? You've provided none. I keep asking, and you keep skirting the issue and bringing up things like jesus and the washington monument :beli: We know who Siddhartha Gautama is because of historical records. We don't have any for these mysterious African spiritual teachers because they never existed, period.

I'm not repeating myself after this post. After this, you're SoL. Buddhism and it's customs today may have 'officially' started in India, but where did it's founder(s) get ideas about this religion. From past religions. And where did those religions get their ideas, on their own? Yeah I suppose if you look at it that way but as nas said 'no idea's original'. So to make you happy because I understand clearly what you are talking about, buddhism as it's commonly known did originate in India, but even then AGAIN, millions of black made that their home when they migrated out of Africa, and out of these many black people, a white guy with locks is the founder of a religion about enlightenment. The same white guy who loved same sex relationships, war & conquest, cannibalism etc etc back in greece/rome and even today. Ya, I suppose so. Although speaking with you reminds me of the same people who would also say jesus and prophet muhammad were white and it were these religions they founded that 'civilized' the savage blacks. Even though Jesus wasn't the founder or origin of christianity and in the quran 30:30 it says Islam is MUCH older than 1400 years.

And these African spiritual teachers you keep associating me with that I never spoke of, but I see how you roll. When I speak of past buddhas I'm talking about normal everyday people who don't have a wiki page. People who come into a mental birth and understand the reality of god. The Buddhism founded by gautama was not the 1st and only culture or religion to make enlightened people thus becoming a buddha.

GetInTheTruck said:
I understand that

As you said before, you understand what I'm saying, so really you're just disagreeing with everything I post and putting words in my mouth to get something out of it. There's nothing more that needs to be said, either you reject it or accept it.

Hip-Hop-Bulls

All Star
Daps

:ehh: never knew he invented numbers...

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks
blackzeus said:
Again, we can speculate on this, I don't care if you agree or not.

I'm not speculating. The story is a hoax......

Notovitch's claims were immediately received with skepticism by scholars who set out to check their authenticity. Foremost among these was the famous German indologist Max Mueller, who wrote to the chief lama at Hemis monastery about Notovitch and received the reply that no Westerner had visited there in the past fifteen years nor was the monastery in possession of any documents having anything to do with the story Notovitch had made public in his famous book. At around the same time, also in response to Notovitch, a British professor teaching in Agra named J. Archibald Douglas took it upon himself to actually make the arduous journey to the Hemis monastery to conduct a personal interview with the same head monk with whom Mueller had corresponded. What Douglas learned there completely concurred with what Mueller had learned: Notovitch had never been there, and there were no documents in the monastery about any Issa (Jesus).

~Malkovsky, Bradley (2010) "Some Recent Developments in Hindu Understandings of Jesus,"Journal of Hindu-Christian Studies: Vol. 23, Article 5.

blackzeus

Superstar
Daps
That second picture is of Leshan the Giant Buddha builty during the Tang Dynasty around 618–907AD. Irrelevant, the rest of those pictures are from Pro Black type sites that are trying to attribute Buddhism to Africa...

So those aren't real statues? :dead: I should probably just stop responding to you idiots after this post. Oh and by scholarly references, do you mean the same ones that claimed the Egyptians were white, even with DNA testing and facial reconstruction? Or that Jesus was white, even though until the 11th century, there were still frescoes of Jesus as a black baby, not to mention the Bible describes him as bronzed skin with woolly hair, or that he was a Nazarene, of whom grew their hair in natural locks? Or perhaps that ones that said Peary discovered the north pole, and not Frederick Cook? Or that Columbus discovered the Americas? These scholars? :shaq2: I'll pass, thank you very much.

Gautama is to Buddhism as Constantinople is to Christianity. /thread

Torrez

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So those aren't real statues? :dead: I should probably just stop responding to you idiots after this post. Oh and by scholarly references, do you mean the same ones that claimed the Egyptians were white, even with DNA testing and facial reconstruction? Or that Jesus was white, even though until the 11th century, there were still frescoes of Jesus as a black baby, not to mention the Bible describes him as bronzed skin with woolly hair, or that he was a Nazarene, of whom grew their hair in natural locks? Or perhaps that ones that said Peary discovered the north pole, and not Frederick Cook? Or that Columbus discovered the Americas? These scholars? :shaq2: I'll pass, thank you very much.

Gautama is to Buddhism as Constantinople is to Christianity. /thread

No one said those aren't real statues, all I asked was that you provide specifics for the images you post (dates, etc). Especially since one of the pictures you posted is from 618–907AD called Leshan the Giant Buddha and obviously not the same person as Siddhartha Gautama who lived 563 BCE to 483 BCE and who this thread has been discussing. And references by people who actually study this subject for a living. The man (Siddhartha Gautama) was almost certainly an East Indian this shouldn't even be a discussion.

blackzeus

Superstar
Daps
No one said those aren't real statues, all I asked was that you provide specifics for the images you post (dates, etc). And references by people who actually study this subject for a living. The man was almost certainly an East Indian this shouldn't even be a discussion.

I already said Gautama was not black, you can check my previous posts if you got the time. What do you want me to do, fly out and take dated photos of the statues? You already don't believe the dreadlocks, why take it further. And of course it will be on pro-black websites. You expect pro-white websites to claim Buddha was black? :dead: I bet you still believe Beethoven and Alexandre Dumas were white too :heh: :mjpls: :lolbron: Let's just agree to disagree and keep it civil