Is this the reason female Rapper Rapsody hasn't been able to blow up?

A Pimp Named Slickback

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Woodcrest
Because she can't write a hook to save her life, doesn't mix any fly shyt into her conscious shyt, and dresses like Gandalf.
:yeshrug:

Look at her face, man. She seems completely joyless. Like she can't let loose and have some fun without reminding you about Marcus Garvey. Even the up tempo "fun" tracks on her album have zero bounce.
:deadrose:

reserved_one

#Ambivertgang
Daps
Reppin
So.ILL/Raider Nation
Yeah I can't get into her music...not because of the content or the beats...it's just her voice. Rapsody sounds bored and lethargic whenever she raps...it is what it is.

ogc163

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
She is wack as fukk, another example of dudes overrating conscious rappers because of their aesthetic/projection of "real hip-hop" and dislike of the mainstream. But there IS definitively a lane for a Blipster/Buppie female MC who can latch onto the intersectionalist/SJW line of thought, essentially an MC version of Issa Rae.

Larry Lambo

Superstar
Daps
She lacks charisma, femininity, and doesn't connect with women.

Even back in the day, when rappers were mainly rated on bars and flow, female rappers had to be more relatable than the average male MC.

A conscious female rapper can work, but she has to have a swagger similar to the typical shea butter shorties. Rap don't have that coffeehouse swag. She don't have any swag, tbh.

Guvnor

Da Speculative Spectacle®
Daps
Reppin
BKLYN
Tierra whack gonna take the crown dopest female artist out by far and she don’t gotta rap about sucking dikk to get her point across
I like Tierra whack but I think she dating a cracker and she a little to histery.

So I don't like Tierra Whack :yeshrug:

She creative though.

NoName Gypsy>

Yayo Toure

Mighty Man City
Supporter
Daps
Because he's become an absolute chore to listen to.

An unrelenting monotonous delivery coupled with every line needing to be some "coded jewel" makes for an awful listen. He needs to let the listener and the track breathe. And the saddest part is, he wasn't always like this. I revisited Cloud 9 with 9th Wonder and he's so much better at actually rapping then he is now.

Like I said before, he's now what everyone thinks is wrong with Lupe.

Dude hides behind them coded jewels, so when people say it's wack he can just say that they don't understand.

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
Rapsody hasn't been able to blow because once you strip away the "real hiphop" pretense, you're left with a largely uninteresting female rapper with a speech impediment and an over-the-top admiration for Jay-Z.

:whew:The gospel. I remember listening to 9th Wonder's Dream Merchant vol 2 album and damn near hated that bytch for ruining each song with her constant babbling :camby:. I get it, she's hip hop to the tee, but if there's no type of delivery or personality to the raps...it's just seems like hot air over 9th's beats.

Yayo Toure

Mighty Man City
Supporter
Daps
Shes signed to Roc Nation, has the respect of top tier peers (Kendrick, Childish Gambino), and got two Grammy nominations in the last album.

Seems like she’s doing pretty good to me :yeshrug:.

9th politicked his ass off to get them Grammy noms

But the reality is that despite all the push she's gotten, she has a very small following, no classic albums, songs, verses or even lines. She lacks charisma, talent, sex appeal. She's in the wrong line of work.

Maximus Rex

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Evils of Men
Rhapsody is trash and sounds like she is reading off a piece of paper when she raps

old heads/need that real rap give her a pass because she isn't selling sex

all facts :yeshrug: