Is this the reason female Rapper Rapsody hasn't been able to blow up?

TEKBEATZ

Banging Pads
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Saint Petersburg. FL
Image is everything and as posters said above though Rapsody is not an ugly woman in my opinion

Legs looking like a cocoa butter snack in this video :wow:

But she doesn't embody the hood rachet bytch that these girls want nowadays. She doesn't make music to snapchat in the party too and that's what these bytches want...

Love this song

Daps
I hate saying shyt like this, but most female fans (aside from heads on here) really identify with the image and nothing else. She can be a symbol of empowerment and rap her ass off until she's blue in the face, if she's not portraying a desirable lifestyle, that audience IS NOT fukking with her, at all

There’s a reason labels sue for millions once an artist wants out. Theres a lot ingenuity that goes into crafting an image. Most don’t come ready to wear

EQ.

Mansur Brown - "Heiwa"
Daps
Reppin
Sunhymns
x4qbRbZ.jpg

dhtynjl.jpg

:dead:

I have high hopes for Little Simz to breakthrough in the states. Her flow, content and beat selection is dope. Only thing I can see people hating on is her accent.

Last edited:

Trot LaRoc

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chi/LA
Rapsody hasn't been able to blow because once you strip away the "real hiphop" pretense, you're left with a largely uninteresting female rapper with a speech impediment and an over-the-top admiration for Jay-Z.

Big facts. She is the female Talib Kweli...technically good but boring as hell to listen to that....music is entertainment too not just educational. She has talent but she doesnt have much memorable material.

I'll go with Dreezy and Tierra over her:manny:

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
One more thing about conscious rappers...how many were popular in the mid 90s when Pac, Biggie, and Nas were huge? They existed and some were successful, but overall the mainstream was NOT heavily supporting or playing their records to a crazy level. People listen to the radio to hear songs they can dance to, vibe to, remind them of love/sex, etc. For all the people taking about the diversity of rap in the old days, let's look at 1995 right quick:
1995 Archive | Billboard

Shows the number one record each week, and if you click on the individual days/weeks you'll see the full chart. The vast majority of tracks are mainstream shyt about partying and bullshyt. Most have dope hooks/choruses.

Rapsody shows zero ability to make a radio record or even a "fun" record. IIRC she's got a track on her album about going...rollerskating...
:gucci:

I don't care whether it's 2018 or 2008 or 1998. A rapper like Cardi, Nicki, Kim, Foxy, etc would be way bigger than Rapsody, who wouldn't get much of any radio play or fan attention (female or male). People wanna bring up Lauryn Hill as if she didn't have huge sex appeal AND catchy singles.

Sankofa Alwayz

#FBADOS #B1 #D(M)V #KnowThyself #WaveGod
Daps
Reppin
Pretty Girl County, MD
Tink, Rapsody, Noname Gypsy, and Dreezy are the kind of rappers the majority of females don't listen to. They don't want to think when they listen to music they want to either turn up, get an ego boost, or cry over getting played

S/O to Sugg Savage, OSHUN, and Kodie Shane too.