Is this the reason female Rapper Rapsody hasn't been able to blow up?

panopticon

Superstar
Daps
Cosigned except for the last sentence because Lupe on that wave too. Nobody trying to decipher every bar or figure out the metaphors comparing people to cereal boxes and shyt.
:troll:

But really tho...how "deep" were Nas bars on Illmatic, IWW, etc? How deep were Hov bars? What about Ice Cube? Let's keep it a buck: all the rappers most NORMAL adults put in their top 10 did not have super complex or dense rhymes or endless lyrical exercises with tons of metaphors in every line. Nas has complex lines and rhymes and metaphors, sure...but overall he was just saying dope shyt that people felt spiritually or could relate to...or just dope fly shyt. All the great rappers got tracks like Nas Is Like or Hard Knock Life or Kick In The Door that are just...dope songs. Rapsody always trying to write like she's James Joyce or some shyt and you're left with shyt that is technically proficient but not worth listening to.

This is why only people with mid to severe autism would place Canibus higher than Nas or Hov on their top ten list. If all you wanna hear is codes and messages you need a Little Orphan Annie decoder pin to decipher...don't shake my hand or look me in the eye nikka. I'm trying to hear dope music.
:camby:
QONVIyz.gif

Real talk tho on the whole post :salute:

Nas would randomly drop little jewels here and there for the higher end listener to hit the :jbhmm::mindblown::ohhh::ahh:or whatever in his early work...some crazy rhyme scheme or impossible sounding flow or a ill reference or wordplay or something to that effect...but he never strayed from making absolutely 100% sure that all his shyt sounded fly as FUKK. :wow:

Honestly, and I hate to say this, but one of the best examples of fly shyt vs not in the "conscious" lane is Mos Def & Talib Kweli...:mjcry:

I still put their early collabs at the top of my list...but giving Black Star a re-listen a few weeks back I caught myself wanting to fast forward thru most of Talib's verses:sadcam:

It was just...too fukking preachy. :shaq2:
Mos preaches all over that album too...but the difference is he just knows how to do it in a ill way :wow:

Lord forgive me my blasphemous utterances but I had to be truthful about how the shyt really felt :wow:

panopticon

Superstar
Daps
I have high hopes for Little Simz to breakthrough in the states. Her flow, content and beat selection is dope. Only thing I can see people hating on is her accent.

Nah, the accent won't be an issue. Maybe 10+ years ago...but not anymore.
In fact, the accent is a good way to make thoughtful shyt sound dope...people love that British accent :manny:

MilesTeg

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Imagine only listening to rappers that you find physically attractive

And using record sales as a marker of quality

Nicki Minaj has competition for the Queen of Cringe, i see

Biggie's music sucked because he was fat. Pac's music was better b/c his eyes were soooo dreamy

gotta go bump Vanilla Ice's To The Extreme. Sold 15m worldwide, a real classic

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
Tink, Rapsody, Noname Gypsy, and Dreezy are the kind of rappers the majority of females don't listen to. They don't want to think when they listen to music they want to either turn up, get an ego boost, or cry over getting played

Dreezy makes songs like that tho