Is this the reason female Rapper Rapsody hasn't been able to blow up?

kingofnyc

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boogie Down BX
Most females are birds, and like to hear ratchet/fukk men/ignorant shyt .. Name one conscious rapper that’s a female that wasn’t on that fukk men/extra women empowering shyt that really blew (

80’s till da early 90’s when hip hop was on dat pro black movement
it wasnt many female rappers back then but for the most part they was successful on dat Afrocentric shyt
:obama:

Claudex

Lord have mercy!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Motherland
Because he's become an absolute chore to listen to.

An unrelenting monotonous delivery coupled with every line needing to be some "coded jewel" makes for an awful listen. He needs to let the listener and the track breathe. And the saddest part is, he wasn't always like this. I revisited Cloud 9 with 9th Wonder and he's so much better at actually rapping then he is now.

Like I said before, he's now what everyone thinks is wrong with Lupe.

:ehh: he's not my favorite rapper. Nor do I think he's close to being one of the greats at it but I like what I perceive to be consistent on his raps: the lazer like focus he has on unraveling the meaning of ambition from different angles and perspectives. It's present on all his albums, and I don't listen to him to hear much outside of that, so to me he's perfect at what he does. One of a kind really.

Like a marathon is one of my favorite tracks in hip-hop.

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
Rhapsody is cool, but that's it.
For a artist like her there's no swag to her to captivate folks

And for people who don't mind that, there's nothing really great about her music to even grab that audience

Lyrically she's great but not to great. Albums r cool not mindblowimin tho, and u can go on
She's just that. Cool:yeshrug:

Sankofa Alwayz

#FBADOS #B1 #D(M)V #KnowThyself #WaveGod
Daps
Reppin
Pretty Girl County, MD
DmV

I love her and she's really bubbling .

When I first heard Countin’ Up being played on 93.9 several days ago :mjcry: Home girl finally made it outchea :blessed: And she’s got a large and growing following outside the DMV too and I LOVE how unique she is! I also like how cute and playful she can be with ratchetry like ChellytheMC. Both of them are long overdue, especially Rico....The DMV hasn’t had a female rapper of their level since Kelow and Rico alone has already surpassed that level.

She’s cute too albeit too skinny for my liking :ehh: I fukks wit her whole neo-Gothic punk rock-ish doll look.

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
Because he's become an absolute chore to listen to.

An unrelenting monotonous delivery coupled with every line needing to be some "coded jewel" makes for an awful listen. He needs to let the listener and the track breathe. And the saddest part is, he wasn't always like this. I revisited Cloud 9 with 9th Wonder and he's so much better at actually rapping then he is now.

Like I said before, he's now what everyone thinks is wrong with Lupe.
Some good points, I thought he released a decent project but u ain't lying.

Especially regarding how people will dikkride artist like him. But will bash Lupe..
nikkas think that cause Lupe's More lyrical he's the "coded jewel" rapper in every bar. When that's not the case

There's more ways to be that "coded jewel" boring rapper than just complex lyrics.

U can even be that type of rapper without being a great lyricist

Last edited:

Sankofa Alwayz

#FBADOS #B1 #D(M)V #KnowThyself #WaveGod
Daps
Reppin
Pretty Girl County, MD
because women would rather listen to the city girls rap about how wet their p*ssy is and fukking drug dealers for birkin bags.

but frfr

i think a lot of women nowadays just don't respond to those "type" of female rappers like rhapsody.

it's like some of them would rather get their "real hip-hop" rap from kendrick or cole or listen to women empowerment music in the form of r&b than rap.

some women only like rap as long as it's vulgar and degenerate.

it's even weird how white women don't even have a white female logic.

Ironically, these be the very same women constantly crying foul about the “hyper masculine, female degrading, pro-rape culture” of Hip Hop :what:

KingJay

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly bouls, Trust the Process
It's always amazed me how so many women don't fw conscious shyt :mindblown:
I'm not one of you women hating incel ass bouls, but I've always believed female consumers are a big problem in music. They consistently support the most trashy lowest common denominator shyt whether the artist is male and female, and ignore tf out of legitimately great art and artists, especially when they're women, like Rapsody and Noname
I understand wanting your Cardi Bs and Nickis, I love me some Big Pimpin Hov and the Bling era was fun, but just the same we prop up our Kendricks and Black Thoughts. Women are giving control to the whoever today's Britney Spears is :scust:

A Tribe Called Quest ™

Make Em Say Ughh ... Silk da Shocker
Daps
Reppin
Chiraq
80’s till da early 90’s when hip hop was on dat pro black movement
it wasnt many female rappers back then but for the most part they was successful on dat Afrocentric shyt
:obama:

“Ladies first” proves my point.. I wanted to say Latifah at first but lowkey I thought of that song and it was some lowkey pandering ... MC Lyte the only one who wasn’t on that shyt

EQ.

Mansur Brown - "Heiwa"
Daps
Reppin
Sunhymns
Some good points, I thought he released a decent project but u ain't lying.

Especially regarding how people will dikkride artist like him. But will bash Lupe..
nikkas think that cause Lupe's More lyrical he's the "coded jewel" rapper in every bar. When that's not the case

There's more ways to be that "coded jewel" boring rapper than just complex lyrics

Sky is one my favorites but I'm getting tired of the Jordan and "The Wire" references he consistently drops on every project. It's like clockwork with him :russ: