::Is This The End? Flash to the Summer:: The Official Miami Heat 2018 Off-Season Thread

He Who Posts Well

Superstar
Daps

HiphopRelated

In Broad Daylight
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
My brother's keeper
You gonna answer the question or nah? Tax questions are left up to the owner since he's footing the bill. Im trying to figure out what is "beginning"
So we didn't just sign Ellington to 6 mil ? Putting us over the tax? Didn't that JUST happen.

We always pay everybody else then come to Wade like
young-man-pockets-turned-inside-260nw-191892557.jpg

The hypocrisy of blatantly saying "But I still see a player who can contribute heavily if he really wants to. If he plays, he’s going to want to do that. We don’t want him back as a placemat holder or somebody who’s going to be a veteran in the lockerroom. Dwyane is a great player, a great talent. He’s not the same guy he was in 2006, but he can be a very good player for us and can make a big difference for us. We want him back as a guy that realizes if this is going to be his last year or whatever, we want this to be his best year ever.”

We signing career journeymen without a care in the World but that dude up there ^^^ is where we draw the line

Primetime21

This my city
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lemongrass, cherries, alkaline water
So we didn't just sign Ellington to 6 mil ? Putting us over the tax? Didn't that JUST happen.

The hypocrisy of blatantly saying "But I still see a player who can contribute heavily if he really wants to. If he plays, he’s going to want to do that. We don’t want him back as a placemat holder or somebody who’s going to be a veteran in the lockerroom. Dwyane is a great player, a great talent. He’s not the same guy he was in 2006, but he can be a very good player for us and can make a big difference for us. We want him back as a guy that realizes if this is going to be his last year or whatever, we want this to be his best year ever.”

We signing career journeymen without a care in the World but that dude up there ^^^ is where we draw the line
I aint about to read all of that. Im sure Micky signed off on the Ellington deal, there just obviously wasn't a press conference for somebody to ask Riley about that because he isn't that caliber a player. To be honest, you might be happier following another franchise dawg.

Samson

Wholesome Black Man
Daps
Reppin
Haitian Gang

Dap+Rep
They always do that, despite the fact as a franchise we would be the NY Knicks, Kings, or Atlanta if Wade was never here.

Primetime21

This my city
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Is he the common denominator to our success?
What did Riley win in NY? :francis:
He's the architect of every championship we've had. Of course the players are a crucial part too, the point is it took both to make it work. Wade didnt construct the teams on his own and Riley wasnt out there playing. Why cant both get their due?

And what kind of silly ass question is the bolded? They lost in the semis to the GOAT, lost in the ECF to the GOAT, and was a John Starks choke job away from winning the Finals. Thats not exactly Hawks/Kings status.

Samson

Wholesome Black Man
Daps
Reppin
Haitian Gang
He's the architect of every championship we've had. Of course the players are a crucial part too, the point is it took both to make it work. Wade didnt construct the teams on his own and Riley wasnt out there playing. Why cant both get their due?

And what kind of silly ass question is the bolded? They lost in the semis to the GOAT, lost in the ECF to the GOAT, and was a John Starks choke job away from winning the Finals. Thats not exactly Hawks/Kings status.
There's a respect level. Look at the way the Lakers treated Kobe at the end and compare it to the way Wade got treated. Wade was the constant soldier sacrificing money for Riley and there was an agreement in the backend and they did not fulfill their end of the bargain. Simple.
Also, The Goodfather does get his due. But, Riley was the primary architect for 2006. The Big 3 was all Wade. That was discussed by Wade and Lebron since 2008 and they got Bosh onboard after Melo signed the longer term contract the year before. Riley just had to figure out the pieces around 3 all time greats.

You were making it seem like Riley was the common denominator for the championship success. My point: Wade is and he should treat him better.

Sohh_lifted

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Dap+Rep
They always do that, despite the fact as a franchise we would be the NY Knicks, Kings, or Atlanta if Wade was never here.

LMAooooo. Bruh don't disrespect the don, did you just discredit what he did with the Knicks?? But you got the dolphins winning 10-11 games your sports opinion sucks my G

Sohh_lifted

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
There's a respect level. Look at the way the Lakers treated Kobe at the end and compare it to the way Wade got treated. Wade was the constant soldier sacrificing money for Riley and there was an agreement in the backend and they did not fulfill their end of the bargain. Simple.
Also, The Goodfather does get his due. But, Riley was the primary architect for 2006. The Big 3 was all Wade. That was discussed by Wade and Lebron since 2008 and they got Bosh onboard after Melo signed the longer term contract the year before. Riley just had to figure out the pieces around 3 all time greats.

You were making it seem like Riley was the common denominator for the championship success. My point: Wade is and he should treat him better.

You do also realize that the heat went into 2010 with heavy cap space due to roster moves prior to free agency...

Samson

Wholesome Black Man
Daps
Reppin
Haitian Gang
LMAooooo. Bruh don't disrespect the don, did you just discredit what he did with the Knicks?? But you got the dolphins winning 10-11 games your sports opinion sucks my G
Don't bring the Dolphins into this :to:
Also, I said Playoffs for the Dolphins :ufdup:

You do also realize that the heat went into 2010 with heavy cap space due to roster moves prior to free agency...
Riley's a good GM, good GMs figure that stuff out. Riley isn't the only GM to make cap space. :pachaha:
But, do you disagree on my Wade point? That's what this is about.

iamduval

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

It’s funny because Wade would easily be one of our 3 best players

I’m really shocked thay Mickey has allowed Riley to continuously disrespect Wade. This franchise ain’t shyt without his impact

Primetime21

This my city
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The constant soldier sacrificing money for Riley..what? :mjlol: He took less money in 2010 because Bron didnt want to take less to accomodate UD, the front office didnt ask anybody to take a paycut. In 2014 he opted OUT of a deal that would have paid him 41 million through 2016 and instead ended up with 31 million because he wanted to play Bron's snake games and his agent left him out to dry while making sure Bosh got paid. If he would've looked out for himself in 2014 we wouldnt even be having this conversation, period.

Samson

Wholesome Black Man
Daps
Reppin
Haitian Gang
The constant soldier sacrificing money for Riley..what? :mjlol: He took less money in 2010 because Bron didnt want to take less to accomodate UD, the front office didnt ask anybody to take a paycut. In 2014 he opted OUT of a deal that would have paid him 41 million through 2016 and instead ended up with 31 million because he wanted to play Bron's snake games and his agent left him out to dry while making sure Bosh got paid. If he would've looked out for himself in 2014 we wouldnt even be having this conversation, period.
Are you not taking account prior to 2010?
Bron did fukk Wade up. He did not let him know he was leaving.
Riley choose to pay Bosh over Wade, and play the blame game. He saw how Lebron was acting towards him and still foolishly believe he was coming back. Wade opting out was clear he had no clue what was going on with Lebron.