::Is This The End? Flash to the Summer:: The Official Miami Heat 2018 Off-Season Thread

Samson

Wholesome Black Man
Daps
Reppin
Haitian Gang
The only thing Waiters lacks is consistency. If he can get over that hurdle and be healthy, he can have a Victor Oladipo type impact. He has that signature move that's unguardable, 39% 3-point shooter, can get to the basket (got to be a better finisher, him and Winslow), and a solid defender.

I know some would disagree but it would be better to have:
PG: Waiters
SG: J-Rich
SF: Winslow
PF: JJ
C: Bam
as the starting lineup.

Good defenders, everyone can switch, can run, hit 3's, very versatile.
The Dragon being our top 6 man filling TJs role far better than he could, Wade The Closer, KO, Whiteside having a great impact off the bench, Golden Arm and McGruder rotating in depending on the matchup.

This would never happen though
f9f746b94f4ad0af9ab0f018a54443e8.png

Draje

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The only thing Waiters lacks is consistency. If he can get over that hurdle and be healthy, he can have a Victor Oladipo type impact. He has that signature move that's unguardable, 39% 3-point shooter, can get to the basket (got to be a better finisher, him and Winslow), and a solid defender.

I know some would disagree but it would be better to have:
PF: JJ
as the starting lineup.

Good defenders, everyone can switch, can run, hit 3's, very versatile.
The Dragon being our top 6 man filling TJs role far better than he could, Wade The Closer, KO, Whiteside having a great impact off the bench, Golden Arm and McGruder rotating in depending on the matchup.

This would never happen though
f9f746b94f4ad0af9ab0f018a54443e8.png

Consistency and decision making are among the most important things you can have as an starting NBA player. Talented nba players that lacked consistency are guys like Brandon Knight, Andrew Wiggins, Michael Beasley, etc.

we comin for that #1 spot :wow:
fukk a raptor
fukk a sixer
fukk a celtic
We got next :wow:

I hope we can at least not get embarrassed by the 76ers in 5 games. We haven’t even shown the ability to guard Embiid or Simmons yet.

CouldBeWorse

Superstar
Daps
Negged

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love

PG: Dragiç
PF: Olynyk
Fixed

Why dont you cats still dont have respect for Dragiç? :what:
Also, James Johnson and Winslow on the floor together is not a good combination IMO. They do the same things well (ball handling big and ~shoot the 3) but James Johnson can FINISH.

Samson

Wholesome Black Man
Daps
Reppin
Haitian Gang
Fixed

Why dont you cats still dont have respect for Dragiç? :what:
Also, James Johnson and Winslow on the floor together is not a good combination IMO. They do the same things well (ball handling big and ~shoot the 3) but James Johnson can FINISH.

I like Dragic, but it's not like he's dynamic. He isn't a game changer. The Dragon is a good piece to have, who's on the decline. He was never a pure point guard, just a good combo. Having a more explosive athlete, better defender, and a bigger shot maker would be better. Assuming Waiters can take that step, Dragic coming off the bench would do wonders for the bench.

My biggest pet-peeve with this version of Spo's positionless basketball is everyone from 2-4 gets out muscled. Rich Winslow and JJ (2-4) are better suited to be elite defenders and no one gets taken advantaged of on switches (Bam at 5).
KO is not a 4. He will get exposed easily.
Also, more ball handlers who can shoot 3s, cut to the basket, play 1-5 defenses on switches, makes perfect sense to play Winslow and JJ together.
Aight one last time for yall boujee asses, it's Dragić not Dragiç
Why are you so antagonistic. :dwillhuh:

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
I like Dragic, but it's not like he's dynamic. He isn't a game changer. The Dragon is a good piece to have, who's on the decline. He was never a pure point guard, just a good combo. Having a more explosive athlete, better defender, and a bigger shot maker would be better. Assuming Waiters can take that step, Dragic coming off the bench would do wonders for the bench.
Waiters is who he is at this point. He's not about to transition and change his game to be a PG

Sauce Dab

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

My biggest pet-peeve with this version of Spo's positionless basketball is everyone from 2-4 gets out muscled. Rich Winslow and JJ (2-4)
All those brick layups :huhldup:
Might as well just throw DJJ out there. Him dunking on somebody every now and then will ease the pain of seeing Winslow getting hung on a easy dunk attempt

Samson

Wholesome Black Man
Daps
Reppin
Haitian Gang
Waiters is who he is at this point. He's not about to transition and change his game to be a PG
I am willing to believe that Waiters during that run can be duplicated under the right tutelage (Wade). We don't need a pure point in Spo's system, just a good combo with passing skills and can set the play up.
All those brick layups :huhldup:
Might as well just throw DJJ out there. Him dunking on somebody every now and then will ease the pain of seeing Winslow getting hung on a easy dunk attempt
Rich and JJ don't brick layups and Winslow fixes one thing in his game every offseason. He's just 22 and growing. He'll never be a dunker though :to:

Draje

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I am willing to believe that Waiters during that run can be duplicated under the right tutelage (Wade). We don't need a pure point in Spo's system, just a good combo with passing skills and can set the play up.

Rich and JJ don't brick layups and Winslow fixes one thing in his game every offseason. He's just 22 and growing. He'll never be a dunker though :to:

Nah, I’m of the believe that having a great point guard, one that knows how to consistently run defined sets in the half court and how to hit a variety of players in a variety of positions, is important.

We have a bunch of good ball-handlers and decent passers but you can see the difference in a good PG in how easy they make it for everyone else, especially in the half court set.

Lots of our guys are good at driving and dishing on tight collapses but we struggle with basic post entry passes and lobs. We don’t have a lot of creative passers, we’re mostly a hand-off and curl team.