Is this the best deal you're gonna find to run Starfield 60fps?

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
  • 4070 not doing shyt but getting it at 1080p 60fps but it all depends on the settings and lazy ass Bugthesda
  • The MSI itself is a prebuilt which prays over folks that want to join PC gang, but are too lazy to do research on a proper build (peep PCPicker and thank me later)
  • The state of PC gaming is so ass backwards, it makes the mid 2000s look like the glory days
  • I would honestly wait until a year before I cop Starfield and this is coming from a marsupial that "Day 1" Fallout 4 and Fallout 76 :francis:

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
It don't matter when it came out. It matters what the vast majority of games coming out run at and what devs can control. This bullshyt you spouting is why games are unoptimized as shyt and devs are incapable of preventing stuttering and game crashes when the game is not set up to be ran on extreme setups.

Now watch Starfield come out and have stuttering and optimization problems because Ciggavelli wanted to run his bullshyt ass setup from Nvidia years before the market is capable.
A new generation of GPUs comes out every 2-3 years. It's been that way for a long time. I do wish devs optimized for pc a lot better, but that's just not the way it has worked. But with the inclusion of DLSS and things of that nature, we're finally getting 4k, Ultra, at 120fps for most games (not all). I've always run extreme builds. I wish my 4090 was more powerful. Some might say that's crazy, but I want the best possible graphics at 120fps with Ray-Tracing. With some games that's still not possible (though admittedly there are only a few like that thanks to DLSS). You have to brute force this shyt unfortunately. It's been that way for a long time, and I don't see it changing. I agree it would be better if I didn't have to update my GPU every couple of years, but it is what it is. I demand high performance with my games. I prefer to play on my PC versus my consoles for that very reason. I guess I'm part of the problem in your eyes, but I'm gonna continue doing what I do and upgrade my components when better ones come out.

DetroitEWarren

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit You bytch Ass nikka

I got 3 months to figure this shyt out, but the more I think about it, I'd rather go broke getting a proper PC and selling my series X than to play that shyt in 30 frames. I'll let the console kids argue about technical limitations; I think Starfield is what will drive me to finally make that leap to PC master race.

1.7k is still a lot of fukkin money to just shell out on some damn videogaming though. I cannot justify that purchase while staying true to BBG. so is there a machine that costs less than this that could potentially run Starfield 60 frames? I'm fine with even 1440p so long as it runs like butter
How are you nikkas still sleeping on this shyt

This shyt will solve all your problems bro bro, I been using this shyt for 4 years now

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
@RiGGA I feel like if you’re gonna go the PC route you need to go all in and get something higher-end. Trying to get a pricepoint build kinda defeats the whole purpose and will probably just lead to headaches/disappointment down the road

not exactly Broke Boy Gaming if you ask me :mjpls:

Plus there’s always a chance they eventually drop a performance patch later down the line or when they do console mods again somebody finds a way to unlock the framerate, which has been done before

This PC lifestyle ain't for the faint of heart.

This is why I never seriously got into PC gaming because knowing myself I would spend an obscene amount of time and money configuring settings and constantly upgrading components on some RPG Min/max shyt :bryan:

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
A 2080 is not 2 generations old. Yall keep letting NViDIA tell you when to go. Thats why we're in the mess that we're in now with these high ass prices and jackers scalping in front of Best Buy.

A 4080 is overkill for the vast majority of games. 3080 is next gen. A 2080 is current generation. A 1080 is last gen.
:mjlol:

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
:mjlol: You have no idea what you are talking about. The 2080 came out in 2018. It's now 2023
hey look, I got the current gen iPhone yall

s-l400.jpg

Software

RIP Future Gohan
Daps
Reppin
Swole Gang
This is probably the worst console generation to build a PC in since the value consoles bring you vs a PC at the same price point is colossal
@kdslittlebro mentioned this before.
@RiGGA unless you plan on shelling out cash for a gpu that costs more than the series x retail price I would skip out on building.

Software

RIP Future Gohan
Daps
Reppin
Swole Gang
:mjlol: You have no idea what you are talking about. The 2080 came out in 2018. It's now 2023
I think he means relative performance to run these new games smoothly like a console would. If that's the case then yeah a 2080 would probably get it done if targeting 30-60 fps at medium-high settings.
My 5700 XT is still running new games at 1440p 60 fps on high settings and that came out 4 years ago.

Most non enthusiasts should only be upgrading once they fail to get their desired fps in the games they play. Some people still out here rocking 1080s because they only play less graphically demanding games.

But you're obviously the enthusiast class of consumer so you don't care about that just want to have the latest and greatest. Value is not what you're after. Most gamers aren't enthusiasts. Sometimes I feel like enthusiasts even focus so much on the hardware they aren't even playing games as much lol.

rabbid

Superstar
Daps
Yall can laugh all yall want but thats exactly why the state of PC gaming is the way it is now. Now when the average PC gamer starts rejecting the market yall gonna be wondering where it all went wrong. If the 5x series comes out next year at $2k+ y'all really think developers are optimizing that? Yall lawst.

There's no reason a studio like Naughty Dog for instance should have terrible PC ports. Its because y'all stretched the market out by supporting that nonsense. But ima let yall cook.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I think he means relative performance to run these new games smoothly like a console would. If that's the case then yeah a 2080 would probably get it done if targeting 30-60 fps at medium-high settings.
My 5700 XT is still running new games at 1440p 60 fps on high settings and that came out 4 years ago.

Most non enthusiasts should only be upgrading once they fail to get their desired fps in the games they play. Some people still out here rocking 1080s because they only play less graphically demanding games.

But you're obviously the enthusiast class of consumer so you don't care about that just want to have the latest and greatest. Value is not what you're after. Most gamers aren't enthusiasts. Sometimes I feel like enthusiasts even focus so much on the hardware they aren't even playing games as much lol.
Yeah, in the past, I focused way too much on graphics. I was getting 2 gpus for every build for SLI. Of course it rarely worked correctly, so I spent so much time trying to fix the games and fukking with the graphics. It became such an annoyance that I kinda dropped gaming for a couple years. I stopped fukking around with 3 monitor setups too. Just using one super-ultra wide and then one 4090 has been so easy in comparison. I've beaten a ton of games this year, many many more than I did in the previous few years combined. The 4090 is really a great achievement on Nvidia's part. Even if SLI was still a thing, I don't think I would be tempted to buy a 2nd for my setup. Outside a few outliers, it can run pretty much anything maxed out with high frames.

But, yeah, you're right sometimes enthusiasts focus in on the technical side of things more than actually gaming. It's a trap. Same thing can happen with high end audio. I'm pretty into high-end headphones, and there are a lot of people using music to listen to equipment (as opposed to using equipment to listen to music, if you know what I mean), in the community (I've been guilty of that too).

That's kinda the good thing about consoles. You never have to think about settings (minus simple ones). You know you can't get better than what you already have, so you just focus in on the games. The constant urge to upgrade is a real thing with enthusiasts

BBG

Superstar
Daps
I say just play the shyt on your Xbox
Well shyt now that we have your thoughts on it all we're missing is Ja Rule.

That thread about 30fps limit being more common this gen is what's really driving me to go broke on a PC. I got used to 60 on my Xbox 1 X FIVE fukkin years ago, I even bought a gaming monitor last year and have been playing some games in 120 ever since. Now personally, I can hardly tell the difference between 120 and 60. I can, but not really. It doesn't break immersion for me. 30 frames per second however absolutely does.

Also getting conflicting information. Some people telling me high-end PC gaming is cheaper than ever before (minus the market on GPUs) but even that doesn't make sense because ain't the GPU like the most expensive piece of the puzzle :dwillhuh: others out here posting three thousand dollar towers like nah man why can't I just game comfortably in 1440p 60 frames on current Gen this is nuts.

This might be a good year for games, but this GENERATION of gaming since I've been alive is WOAT. I think that's one thing both Sony and Microsoft stans can agree on. Best games came out this gen are remakes and sequels, new IPs getting 30 fps lock, where did it all go wrong brehs?? I don't think we can blame this on Fortnite

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Well shyt now that we have your thoughts on it all we're missing is Ja Rule.

That thread about 30fps limit being more common this gen is what's really driving me to go broke on a PC. I got used to 60 on my Xbox 1 X FIVE fukkin years ago, I even bought a gaming monitor last year and have been playing some games in 120 ever since. Now personally, I can hardly tell the difference between 120 and 60. I can, but not really. It doesn't break immersion for me. 30 frames per second however absolutely does.

Also getting conflicting information. Some people telling me high-end PC gaming is cheaper than ever before (minus the market on GPUs) but even that doesn't make sense because ain't the GPU like the most expensive piece of the puzzle :dwillhuh: others out here posting three thousand dollar towers like nah man why can't I just game comfortably in 1440p 60 frames on current Gen this is nuts.

This might be a good year for games, but this GENERATION of gaming since I've been alive is WOAT. I think that's one thing both Sony and Microsoft stans can agree on. Best games came out this gen are remakes and sequels, new IPs getting 30 fps lock, where did it all go wrong brehs?? I don't think we can blame this on Fortnite
You should jump into PC gaming. Now's as good as a time as ever. What's your budget? I'm not as against prebuilds like most people. I like to do custom water cooling, so I built my last few PCs, but I've bought prebuilts before.

There are places where you can pick the components you want for your pc. I've used CyberPowerPC before and was happy with the setup:

BBG

Superstar
Daps
You should jump into PC gaming. Now's as good as a time as ever. What's your budget? I'm not as against prebuilds like most people. I like to do custom water cooling, so I built my last few PCs, but I've bought prebuilts before.

There are places where you can pick the components you want for your pc. I've used CyberPowerPC before and was happy with the setup:

I'm dangerously close to pulling the trigger but I can't justify spending more than $1000 on this shyt when I got a baby and bills to pay.

I do have assets im willing to part ways with though if I can somehow get a computer with a 4000 series GPU. Quest 2, X1X I'm definitely willing to part with, Series X too if the transition to XBOX on PC is seamless