Is this the best deal you're gonna find to run Starfield 60fps?

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
who told you this nonsense that has like never been true lol
it was true at times last gen, and around the end of the PS360 gen. but you would have to cut corners around stuff like the Windows license.

FreshFromATL

Self Made
Daps
Reppin
ATL
1.7k aint shyt for a gaming setup. U clearly aint ready for that PC life.

Also, gaming at 1440p is where u wanna be as thats the sweet spot for PC gaming. 4k is limited for games to enjoy and 1080 is only good for competitve shooting games.

Picking this up next week, what you think? Will be my first gaming PC...

BBG

Superstar
Daps

This is the most anti BBG post I've ever seen in my life :heh:fukk outta here nikka

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal

Dont go prebuilt breh....Build it yourself. Most prebuilts have good CPUs and GPUs but everything else is low end.

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I wouldnt, just cuz i cant tell what all is in that PC from looking at the site. Most of the prebuilts will come with a solid CPU and GPU, but go cheap on the MOBO and PSU to cut costs.

Also at this point, if you getting a rig in 2023, no point in going with 16GB of ram, especially if Starfield is as demanding as it’s believed to be.

You can also wait till Starfield drops and get a better idea of how its running on peoples PC’s to get a better picture of what youd need to buy to have above Series X performance.

Might be a lot, might not be as much as we think, but who knows, game aint out yet:manny:

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I wouldnt, just cuz i cant tell what all is in that PC from looking at the site. Most of the prebuilts will come with a solid CPU and GPU, but go cheap on the MOBO and PSU to cut costs.

Also at this point, if you getting a rig in 2023, no point in going with 16GB of ram, especially if Starfield is as demanding as it’s believed to be.

You can also wait till Starfield drops and get a better idea of how its running on peoples PC’s to get a better picture of what youd need to buy to have above Series X performance.

Might be a lot, might not be as much as we think, but who knows, game aint out yet:manny:
System requirements look pretty tame though. 2080 for recommended. That’s 2 generations old.

But you’re right, we won’t know until launch. Here’s hoping it’s at least moderately well optimized.

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps

I got 3 months to figure this shyt out, but the more I think about it, I'd rather go broke getting a proper PC and selling my series X than to play that shyt in 30 frames. I'll let the console kids argue about technical limitations; I think Starfield is what will drive me to finally make that leap to PC master race.

1.7k is still a lot of fukkin money to just shell out on some damn videogaming though. I cannot justify that purchase while staying true to BBG. so is there a machine that costs less than this that could potentially run Starfield 60 frames? I'm fine with even 1440p so long as it runs like butter
Consider playing with your TVs options first. Some HDTVs have settings that use AI to insert blank frames and artificial images to give 30 fps and below games the illusion of 60fps. On my Sony Bravia TV those settings are called Motionflow and Cinemotion and are turned on by default. For better resolution, antialiasing and deeper colors I also have Reality Creation and Live Color turned on.

I don't know what kind of TV you have but you should own a HDTV that at least has HDR. If not then get one!!! and if you get one make sure you get one that supports HDMI 2.1 Also please make sure that TV has 120 hz so you can also play games on 120 fps. You need to confirm its actually 120 hz by fact-checking it online cause some TVs be trying to fool you into thinking it is when it's not. and the salesperson you talk to in person might lie and say it is just to get your geeky ass out their face.

blackestofpanthers

God forgives, you are forgiven.
Daps
Reppin
Bay area
I don't know what kind of TV you have but you should own a HDTV that at least has HDR. If not then get one!!! and if you get one make sure you get one that supports HDMI 2.1 Also please make sure that TV has 120 hz so you can also play games on 120 fps. You need to confirm its actually 120 hz by fact-checking it online cause some TVs be trying to fool you into thinking it is when it's not. and the salesperson you talk to in person might lie and say it is just to get your geeky ass out their face.
If you're shopping for a tv and even need to talk to a salesperson about specs, you deserved to get robbed because you didn't even do basic research. You shouldn't ever need to talk to a salesperson unless you're asking if they have the specific model you want in stock or something. I've never even bought a tv in store now that I think of it.

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
If you're shopping for a tv and even need to talk to a salesperson about specs, you deserved to get robbed because you didn't even do basic research. You shouldn't ever need to talk to a salesperson unless you're asking if they have the specific model you want in stock or something. I've never even bought a tv in store now that I think of it.
I'm just covering all angles man. If he already had the TV, if he doesn't and needs to buy it online and to know what to ask for if he's too lazy to read the boxes and do the research.

blackestofpanthers

God forgives, you are forgiven.
Daps
Reppin
Bay area
I'm just covering all angles man. If he already had the TV, if he doesn't and needs to buy it online and to know what to ask for if he too lazy to read the boxes and do the research.
I been up 24 hours, high as hell, and just got done fukking a native bytch on a reservation. I apologize for the tone of my post, I'm a little tired.:pachaha:
But if op is looking for cpu deals, he needs to be on slickdeals and not random bestbuy shopping.

Last edited:

Anti-Anime

fukk u weeaboo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Not Japan
it was true at times last gen, and around the end of the PS360 gen. but you would have to cut corners around stuff like the Windows license.
Console killer builds for $550 -$650 were everywhere around that 2011-2014 time:banderas: