Is this the best deal you're gonna find to run Starfield 60fps?

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Why hate on starfield unless you’re a Sony Stan?

Look at all these Sony Stans on Steam that hate Starfield

IMG_4213

Last edited:

cyndaquil

Lv 100 Bold natured
Daps
Reppin
JOHTO REGION
Why hate on starfield unless you’re a Sony Stan?
Because I dont like the game. Not liking something doesn't make someone a stan. I played the game on release on my PC and it was mid and after all the hype and being called skyrim in space it wasn't even fallout 4 level let alone skyrim...

No map in cities, space combat was OK, empty planets, npc missions weren't engaging, all the companions were the same bland good alignment so it was hard to run a morally neutral/evil character, weapon mechanics were good tho. NPC facial expressions were also close to uncanny valley levels of creepy.

I think also the game had me questioning a lot about my character's motivation for even doing the main story quest. Like why does he HAVE to join Constellation?
In fallout 4 he's looking for his son. Ok makes sense.
In skyrim he has to fight Alduin otherwise he will destroy the world. Ok makes sense.
There's no strong reason for the main character to join constellation in starfield besides curiosity.

Last edited:

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Is it worth playing again now?
I played this game with a straight face on release

It's still the same game at its core, it's just got a lot of polish and features that should've definitely been there on day one. There's also a ton you can do now with mods even just on console.

The maps in particular were a huge omission and now they're perfect. You can actually navigate cities and return to certain stores and other locations easily. Same with the new vehicle. Exploring the random planets was a drag because you gotta walk across such vast amount of space, but that becomes way more fun when you can boost jump a truck in zero gravity. There's also things like performance mode in combination with various mods to get the game to look and play exactly how you want to. I'm running at a smooth 60FPS on Series X now. I don't even need to elaborate on mods there's a ton of shyt out there for all the games various systems and that will only get better over time

Overall it's just a really good sandbox and there's not many other games out there it any that allow you to do this much at this scale. Shattered Space DLC coming at the end of the month too

cyndaquil

Lv 100 Bold natured
Daps
Reppin
JOHTO REGION
It's still the same game at its core, it's just got a lot of polish and features that should've definitely been there on day one. There's also a ton you can do now with mods even just on console.

The maps in particular were a huge omission and now they're perfect. You can actually navigate cities and return to certain stores and other locations easily. Same with the new vehicle. Exploring the random planets was a drag because you gotta walk across such vast amount of space, but that becomes way more fun when you can boost jump a truck in zero gravity. There's also things like performance mode in combination with various mods to get the game to look and play exactly how you want to. I'm running at a smooth 60FPS on Series X now. I don't even need to elaborate on mods there's a ton of shyt out there for all the games various systems and that will only get better over time

Overall it's just a really good sandbox and there's not many other games out there it any that allow you to do this much at this scale. Shattered Space DLC coming at the end of the month too
Cool yeah I liked the combat and the sandbox elements. I'll jump back in then with all of those improvements and see what's up. Hopefully that DLC adds some evil companions too. Thanks for writing all that up