Is This "Black Male Privilege Checklist" True?

DaRealness

I think very deeply
Daps
Reppin
LDN
"Black male privilege" my ass. If such a thing exists, I sure as fukk have missed out on a whole lot in my life.

It's funny....anyone - even some freckle faced hillbilly with access to a computer - can write any old bullshyt on some divide and conquer shyt and instead of questioning the true source and what the motives behind it are, we'll still use it to bash each other and play these one-upmanship games. We have to be the most gullible group of people on this planet.

If black males disgust you so much, have nothing more to do with us and vice versa. The c00nery from the bitter chicks and dumb ass dudes on this site is just ridiculous and really getting out of hand.

Fact is, you ugly hearted muthafukkas wouldn't know a good black man (or woman) if the person came in the form of an 18 wheeler with flashing lights and bells around it and hit you straight on with full force into next Tuesday.

PartyHeart

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Do you agree with everything on that list? It would've been better to pick out the most reasonable points instead of posting the whole thing because there are indeed some gems among the rubbish. You keep saying people are being "dismissive", but how can you expect any different when they can't even read a quarter of the list without laughing or cringing? And its not just men either.... a number of women in here feel that way too.

Some Black Feminists/Womanists do a great disservice to their cause by using over the top, emotional rhetoric that overshadow the legitimate issues/burdens that they face. I mean you had a woman in the other thread actually say in all seriousness that "Black men support the erasure of Black women" :mindblown: ...and you yourself use a lot of strong words like "silence", "oppression" or calling men "misogynist" just because they disagree with you.

Passion for issues is a good thing, but we won't get anywhere as a community if both sides continue with the overheated rhetoric and refuse to listen/understand the other side.

Why would I need to agree with everything on the list in order to post it? That is a red herring. If you actually cared about what is being said and addressing the gripes Black women had, you would have picked out the ones you identify with as true and spoke on them. But most of you went searching for things you didn't agree with in order to invalidate the whole list. Maybe if just one brother had the courage to actually admit to the privilege he holds in the community because he is male, others would too. But many believing empathizing with Black women's (any women's) struggle makes them "simps".

And I like how you question my so-called over the top, 'emotional' rhetoric but use words like laugh and cringe to subscribe your reaction to women's problems. Trust me, white people would read any list of grievances Black folks could draw up and laugh and cringe. Matter of fact, they do that every day on Fox News. But you are able to understand then, and choose to exercise your privilege to ignore and trivialize when it comes to female issues.

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Why would I need to agree with everything on the list in order to post it? That is a red herring. If you actually cared about what is being said and addressing the gripes Black women had, you would have picked out the ones you identify with as true and spoke on them. But most of you went searching for things you didn't agree with in order to invalidate the whole list. Maybe if just one brother had the courage to actually admit to the privilege he holds in the community because he is male, others would too. But many believing empathizing with Black women's (any women's) struggle makes them "simps".

And I like how you question my so-called over the top, 'emotional' rhetoric but use words like laugh and cringe to subscribe your reaction to women's problems. Trust me, white people would read any list of grievances Black folks could draw up and laugh and cringe. Matter of fact, they do that every day on Fox News. But you are able to understand then, and choose to exercise your privilege to ignore and trivialize when it comes to female issues.

I think the biggest problem with your argument is that Men (these men posting in this thread) haven't identified anything you posted as a "struggle" that women are facing. You won't get anyone to empathize with something they don't see as an issue.

Taadow

The StarchBishop™️
Daps
Reppin
Crispness
Why would I need to agree with everything on the list in order to post it?

BWAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAAA

You know what? You're right. Good day, madam...

*shakes thread dust off of self on the way out*

Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps
Looks like somebody trying to make it black female vs black male.

This topic and its contents are self defeating.

DaRealness

I think very deeply
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Also, my thing is this:

Let's just say we're living in a totally different universe where this bullshyt list is 100% true, what am I supposed to do with this information? Seriously, what is its purpose?

Where do we go from here and heal the decades old rift now that we have this revelation?

PartyHeart

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think the biggest problem with your argument is that Men (these men posting in this thread) haven't identified anything you posted as a "struggle" that women are facing. You won't get anyone to empathize with something they don't see as an issue.

You're right, and I realize that. But at least the evidence is there that that's exactly what they're doing (not seeing it as an issue, just as I predicted) and not that the issues haven't been laid out for them.

Not to mention, I'm sure they've been on Twitter and seen all the brilliant points Black women are addressing and choose to ignore them. Basically, let no one say Black women didn't bring the issues to the forefront, let everyone just witness the hearty rejection and dismissing it received by Black men.

This doesn't even make any sense, you reaching mama.

A plea to ignorance, predicted that too.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
:snoop:

If black men started blaming their issues on black women, not one of these feminists would speak up and stand by us attacking other women.

Why don't @Chris.B types get support from the feminist movement? The arguments are essentially the same "my burden is your privilege, and you need to fix it"

LordTaskForce

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Do-It.gif

done :obama:

Spatial Paradox

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn

You don't need to agree with everything on it to agree with it, but those weaker points detract from the legitimate argument the writer of the list is trying to put forward. A lot of those points are so weak (or outright false), the author would have been better off leaving them out. He'd have had a shorter, but more to the point and focused list.

I'm not seeing how someone can't agree with many of points on that list while finding it to be much weaker than it could have overall.

JasonSJackson

Jah Sun Ma'at Ra
Daps
Reppin
Maat
The Black Woman Privilege Checklist

1.Doesnt know the role of a true man
2.Doesnt care to know the role of a true man

Uncle Trill

Hendrix 3:16
Daps
The list got some points but black men on here aint gonna listen to ya ladies, theyll just argue that its harder for them. We all need to stop whining and arguing bout who has it worse.