Is This "Black Male Privilege Checklist" True?

LebronsHairline

AKA Chief Green Leaf
Daps
Reppin
NULL
if there's one thing the last thread should show everyone (esp blackwomen) is that it's "every man for himself" out here. stop looking for ppl to have your back because they happen to look like you. it doesn't happen. look out for YOURSELF and your family and live your life. and don't go out of your way to look out for anyone else either unless they've shown you they DESERVE it. that's all i'm gonna say about this topic. :youngsabo:

Chuck_Norris_Approves.gif

PartyHeart

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:snoop:

If black men started blaming their issues on black women, not one of these feminists would speak up and stand by us attacking other women.

Why don't @Chris.B types get support from the feminist movement? The arguments are essentially the same "my burden is your privilege, and you need to fix it"

I think many of you are so rushed to deny deny deny or dismiss dismiss dismiss that you don't even understand wtf is being talked about.

This list provides several issues that Black women face that are put into place by white patriarchy but that Black men support because it benefits them as men.

Please tell me, what issues do Black men face that are put in place by white supremacy that you could possibly say Black women support??? Serious question.

Darts

Spittin' em
Daps
Why would I need to agree with everything on the list in order to post it? That is a red herring. If you actually cared about what is being said and addressing the gripes Black women had, you would have picked out the ones you identify with as true and spoke on them. But most of you went searching for things you didn't agree with in order to invalidate the whole list. Maybe if just one brother had the courage to actually admit to the privilege he holds in the community because he is male, others would too. But many believing empathizing with Black women's (any women's) struggle makes them "simps".

And I like how you question my so-called over the top, 'emotional' rhetoric but use words like laugh and cringe to subscribe your reaction to women's problems. Trust me, white people would read any list of grievances Black folks could draw up and laugh and cringe. Matter of fact, they do that every day on Fox News. But you are able to understand then, and choose to exercise your privilege to ignore and trivialize when it comes to female issues.

Ok now you're arguing in circles...you just admitted that you didn't agree with everything on the list, but yet you're still labeling those things you didn't agree with as "women's problems"? It was the obviously outrageous things we were laughing at NOT legit issues. It seems that it is you that is trivializing Black women's issues by labeling everything under the sun as "women's problems".

PartyHeart

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ok now you're arguing in circles...you just admitted that you didn't agree with everything on the list, but yet you're still labeling those things you didn't agree with as "women's problems"? It was the obviously outrageous things we were laughing at NOT legit issues. It seems that it is you that is trivializing Black women's issues by labeling everything under the sun as "women's problems".

I NEVER said I didn't agree with everything on the list, I said that asking me whether I do was completely irrelevant and a red herring to divert from the real issue at hand. And it is.

And I can guarantee that many of the issues that you find "obviously outrageous", a ton of Black women can say have affected them negatively personally or made them feel inferior in general.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I think many of you are so rushed to deny deny deny or dismiss dismiss dismiss that you don't even understand wtf is being talked about.

This list provides several issues that Black women face that are put into place by white patriarchy but that Black men support because it benefits them as men.
That's where you are wrong. Black men don't support that shyt. Every black man that has engaged with you has told you that we don't support that shyt, yet you still hold on to the list. It's one thing to say you are under paid, which is the truth and I can't think of any black man who would deny that. But when you frame it as black men perpetrating that inequality, then you'll get a bunch of men denying it, cause we don't set the salaries, nor do we get paid our fair share.

When we protest for fair salaries for black people, women are included in that. We're not just asking for men. But when you protest for fair salaries your're only talking about women. So who's not supporting who again?

Please tell me, what issues do Black men face that are put in place by white supremacy that you could possibly say Black women support??? Serious question.

"Black men ain't shyt" just to name one.

Darts

Spittin' em
Daps
I NEVER said I didn't agree with everything on the list, I said that asking me whether I do was completely irrelevant and a red herring to divert from the real issue at hand. And it is.

And I can guarantee that many of the issues that you find "obviously outrageous", a ton of Black women can say have affected them negatively personally or made them feel inferior in general.

It is not irrelevant tho...if you agree with everything on the list, then I and a majority of the board can no longer take you seriously on this topic. If you don't agree with everything, then we may continue on.

Thats simply what's at stake with that question.

Taadow

The StarchBishop™️
Daps
Reppin
Crispness

So...a ton of Black women have felt inferior to men or have been affected negatively...because most sports analysts are men?

Why?

And the same because they don't have the privilege of not wearing a shirt in public?

Because i'll tell you now - let 'em hang, ladies!

PartyHeart

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That's where you are wrong. Black men don't support that shyt. Every black man that has engaged with you has told you that we don't support that shyt, yet you still hold on to the list.

There you go denying again. How come most Black men had never even heard of Marissa Alexander until a grassroots campaign by Black women brought it to light? And how come the NAACP isn't standing behind her but you had a Black man jump at the opportunity to interview another Black man (her ex-husband) to paint her in a negative light, the same way white folks did Trayvon Martin? How come you can't name any victims of police brutality that are Black females, although there are numerous examples? How come when issues of Black on Black crime are addressed, domestic violence and sexual assault of which Black women are the most at risk for are left out? How come it centers around Black male gang violence? How come prison sentences are a Black male problem, when convicted Black females face harsher sentencing too? How come Black female single motherhood is 'a choice' and Black male drug dealing and gang banging is considered the fault of Black women because 'we date thugs'? How come a Black female victim of sexual harassment is asked why she was wearing this or that or what time it was, and Black male victims of police brutality are viewed as the victims they are through and through no matter the time of night no matter the bagginess of their jeans?

You keep saying Black men don't support it, but all other evidence is to the contrary. And instead of being like "damn, I didn't even realize that" you keep pretending its not there or its not a big deal and then wonder why there is division.

It's one thing to say you are under paid, which is the truth and I can't think of any black man who would deny that. But when you frame it as black men perpetrating that inequality, then you'll get a bunch of men denying it, cause we don't set the salaries, nor do we get paid our fair share. When we protest for fair salaries for black people, women are included in that. We're not just asking for men. But when you protest for fair salaries your're only talking about women. So who's not supporting who again?e

You had a poster in here just say male privilege doesn't matter for Black men because they are Black. No one checked her on it, you dapped her for it!! Despite the fact that male privilege gives Black men a 1 for every .80 cents to Black women.

"Black men ain't shyt" just to name one.

You mean in response to being pushed out of a genre we helped created and have it turn into an all the time female bashing fest (hip hop)? Yeah, you got us there :childplease:

Last edited:

PartyHeart

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It is not irrelevant tho...if you agree with everything on the list, then I and a majority of the board can no longer take you seriously on this topic. If you don't agree with everything, then we may continue on.

Thats simply what's at stake with that question.

And there you have it. You admit you were looking for a scapegoat reason to "not take me seriously". So I'll tell you right now, do whatever you want. I have lurked this board long enough to know the opinion you guys have on any woman who fights for women's rights in general is negative, so I was pretty sure going in you already wouldn't take me serious.

But I don't take anyone who fights for equality for race with one hand, while trying to push down women with the other hand seriously either, so we're in the same boat.

BeeCityRoller

New Bee
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Queen City
This is exactly why I stay off twitter, too much negativity and black people making themselves look like fools. On monday black women finally realized after 40 years that feminism was not working for them, and one day later they went back to taking shots at black men as usual. All of these people who hopped on the bandwagon like Tariq Nasheed lost:laff:

I have no idea why simps are trying to negotiate with these women when they are guaranteed to come out with the lesser deal. At the end of the day they meed us more than we need them. Sounds harsh, but I dont care.

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
Not only that, but no woman does all that shyt for other men. They do it to impress other women. nikkas in relationships hate 78% of the shyt their women put themselves through to "look good". Most the this list is reaching and circumstantial. Singling out black male privilege is such bullshyt because it trivializes the very real issue of white privilege.

Cosign. Every once in a while my girl wanna go and put a wig on wear extensions. Everytime she walks in and look at her like :dahell:

She wears her hair natural 90% of the time and she knows I love that shyt. Black woman are holding on to that beauty standard way more than men do. Truth be told, they want to viewed as white women just as bad as the c00n wanna be with a white broad.

Taadow

The StarchBishop™️
Daps
Reppin
Crispness
There you go denying again. How come most Black men had never even heard of Marissa Alexander until a grassroots campaign by Black women brought it to light? And how come the NAACP isn't standing behind her but you had a Black man jump at the opportunity to interview another Black man (her ex-husband) to paint her in a negative light, the same way white folks did Trayvon Martin? How come you can't name any victims of police brutality that are Black females, although there are numerous examples? How come when issues of Black on Black crime are addressed, domestic violence and sexual assault of which Black women are the most at risk for are left out? How come it centers around Black male gang violence? How come prison sentences are a Black male problem, when convicted Black females face harsher sentencing too? How come Black female single motherhood is 'a choice' and Black male drug dealing and gang banging is considered the fault of Black women because 'we date thugs'? How come a Black female victim of sexual harassment is asked why she was wearing this or that or what time it was, and Black male victims of police brutality are viewed as the victims they are through and through no matter the time of night no matter the bagginess of their jeans?

You keep saying Black men don't support it, but all other evidence is to the contrary. And instead of being like "damn, I didn't even realize that" you keep pretending its not there or its not a big deal and then wonder why there is division.

Even though most of this is generalizing, no one is saying its "not a big deal".

You had a poster in here just say male privilege doesn't matter for Black men because they are Black. No one checked her on it, you dapped her for it!!

Is that what she said?

You mean in response to being pushed out of a genre we helped created and have it turn into an all the time female bashing fest (hip hop)? Yeah, you got us there :childplease:

No - in response to most things that are wrong. As a matter of fact, that is the thrust of this whole thread: A black man makes a list of how black men are fuccing up, and it's up to the black woman to show everyone the way again...

↓R↑LYB

Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
The list overall is on point. And yes I posted it, but it was authored by a brother who wants solidarity enough to actually work towards it. He is here: http://jewelwoods.com/node/9 On to the issue. I'll attempt to address it once more, just in the hope that I won't get obviously disingenuous, deflective, and intellectually dishonest responses (which I won't respond to).

The very fact that you guys have admitted this can be applied to men of all races seriously bodied all of the nonsense pleas to ignorance and pretending to not have read any specific ways in which Black women are oppressed by Black men in the last thread.

I mean really, when you break down the past 2 days the results have played out in the exact fashion that women of color feminists' tweets have spoken about. The dismissiveness, the trivalization, the refusal to believe that because you are apart of one oppressed group, the privilege you have and actively use from another group doesn't count or shouldn't be addressed. Almost as if Black feminists had scripted the stupidity of the responses by white women and Black men. And truthfully, Black men's response might have been even more shameful because you at least had prominent white feminists urging racist feminists to actually hear and understand WoC's struggle/pain, whereas you had Black males either dead silent on the issue or going HARD to silence Black women entirely.

Here's how it happened:

On Monday you had Black men on here raving and celebrating that Black feminists went in on white women on twitter (as we should have) for them calling for solidarity amongst women all while ignoring women of color's specific issues because of the ingrained privilege they have just for being born white. Black men on here even got excited because they thought it was a perfect "I told you so" moment for them to continue scapegoating the fight for equality for women (feminism) as the cause of the downfall of the Black family, only this time with Black female agreeance.

On Tuesday, when Black women next shined the light on the ingrained privilege Black men have just for being male; a privilege that they have exercised in our Black power and civil rights movements that put Black female specific issues on the back burner, 'brothers' couldn't respond quickly enough with some of the dumbest arguments I've ever read. It became about how "its different" and "we have no privilege" and shaming tactics about Black women being divisive by bringing it up (but Tommy Sotomayer and those who co-sign him aren't divisive, and neither are misogynists like Tariq Nasheed nor the crap he spews about Black women). So despite having just celebrated us calling out white women's privilege (something we had been doing for years anyway, btw), Black men did the same as white women had and denied any privilege or wrongdoing to Black women outright.

Its cool though. As I said in the other thread, the Womanist movement will continue. Folks talk about solidarity but they don't really want it. They want Black women to keep doing what they've been doing, shutting up and taking punches for movements that only want to speak to half their issues and doing so in silence. Won't happen, so prepare to stay mad :yeshrug:

And fyi, for the emboldened Black men who feel no sympathy, no empathy, and not even any shame for dismissing Black women's issues, the same way every thing that Black women ever bring up is "trivial" and "bs" and simply an issue of bad choices by Black women, keep it mind your oppression will continue to be viewed the same by whites.
Complain about notions that are used against you and then subscribe to them against others, like your own race of women, while claiming you're "for solidarity", brehs.

bytch why all your posts gotta be so damn long :damn:

↓R↑LYB

Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
50. In school, girls are cheerleaders for male athletes, but there is no such role for males to cheerlead for women athletes.

-Man, is this guy serious? Not even a woman is going to respect a man dressed up in pom poms, but lets be real. Women have plenty of men that cheerlead them. we call them simps, white knights and male feminists.

antonio-banderas-gif-52bbd904-original.gif