Is this 1821 or 2021? Haitian migrants getting whipped by border patrol

saturn7

Politics is an EXCHANGE!!!
Daps
Reppin
DMV Freedman
With all due respect, the overwhelming narrative on this board has been that somehow the ones who come here and which is even a lower number for the middle class that you mention and literally are a buffer class or are meant to replace AAs and are given all the opportunities/jobs that whites wouldn't give to AAs There was not necessarily a distinction along class lines of the ones (Black immigrants) who are in this country. It was a vast generalization of foreign Blacks (Caribbean or Sub-Saharan African).

I know the East Coast part of the US like the back of my hand (I was born (DC) and have lived and went to HS, undergrad and grad school up and down the east coast where this population is heavily concentrated). I have anecdotes too. I am aware of the Senegalese in Harlem and the Ghanaians in the BX. I have lived in those areas for YEARS. They do not fit the overwhelming narrative of foreign Blacks serving as a buffer class and being white people's favorites vis a vis AAs.

Today’s newly arrived immigrants are the best-educated ever
https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2015/10/05/todays-newly-arrived-immigrants-are-the-best-educated-ever/

STUDY: BLACK IMMIGRANTS EARN MORE THAN U.S.-BORN BLACKS
https://www.blackenterprise.com/black-immigrants-in-u-s-earning-30-more-than-u-s-born-blacks/
As the black population in the United States grows, the diversity in the black community is unprecedented. According to research by Nielsen, the number of black immigrants in the U.S. has more than doubled since 1980, to a record 3.8 million, accounting for 1 in every 11 blacks. By 2060, 1 out of every 6 U.S. blacks will be immigrants.

People on this board stay talking but do no fukking research.

front_cover.jpg

Project MUSE - Immigration and the Remaking of Black America

Over the last four decades, immigration from the Caribbean and sub-Saharan Africa to the U. S. has increased rapidly. In several states, African immigrants are now major drivers of growth in the black population. While social scientists and commentators have noted that these black immigrants’ social and economic outcomes often differ from those of their native-born counterparts, few studies have carefully analyzed the mechanisms that produce these disparities. In Immigration and the Remaking of Black America, sociologist and demographer Tod Hamilton shows how immigration is reshaping black America. He weaves together interdisciplinary scholarship with new data to enhance our understanding of the causes of socioeconomic stratification among both the native-born and newcomers.

Frangala

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Le Grand Congo (Kin)
Today’s newly arrived immigrants are the best-educated ever
https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2015/10/05/todays-newly-arrived-immigrants-are-the-best-educated-ever/

STUDY: BLACK IMMIGRANTS EARN MORE THAN U.S.-BORN BLACKS
https://www.blackenterprise.com/black-immigrants-in-u-s-earning-30-more-than-u-s-born-blacks/
As the black population in the United States grows, the diversity in the black community is unprecedented. According to research by Nielsen, the number of black immigrants in the U.S. has more than doubled since 1980, to a record 3.8 million, accounting for 1 in every 11 blacks. By 2060, 1 out of every 6 U.S. blacks will be immigrants.

People on this board stay talking but do no fukking research.

front_cover.jpg

Project MUSE - Immigration and the Remaking of Black America

Over the last four decades, immigration from the Caribbean and sub-Saharan Africa to the U. S. has increased rapidly. In several states, African immigrants are now major drivers of growth in the black population. While social scientists and commentators have noted that these black immigrants’ social and economic outcomes often differ from those of their native-born counterparts, few studies have carefully analyzed the mechanisms that produce these disparities. In Immigration and the Remaking of Black America, sociologist and demographer Tod Hamilton shows how immigration is reshaping black America. He weaves together interdisciplinary scholarship with new data to enhance our understanding of the causes of socioeconomic stratification among both the native-born and newcomers.

Your 2015 Black enterprise article states a high number of African immigrants are educated with a college and masters degree. What is the proportion of those with those qualifications as an overall percentage of their demographics (African immigrants). Like I said, there are bound to be some educated people in any immigrant group but what is their proportion (%) in that group.

Of all the African immigrants who immigrated, how many of them have college and masters degree? And most importantly are the qualifications from Y African country (3rd world) recognized and will translate into earning power in a new labor market in a new country and not leave him/her underemployed or at least with the same status he/she had back in his/her home country.

It said most of the growth was being driven by Ethiopia and Nigeria. For one, they do not even speak English in Ethiopia, how are the Ethiopian's educational credentials going to allow him/her to take over jobs over/compete against Americans when he/she does not even speak English. Again, how is the Ethiopian/Nigerian's credentials be recognized in the US with the stigma of coming from a third world country.

I will look at the Nielsen/Project Muse research later and get back to you.

Last edited:

Organic Trees

Go Cavs! #LetEmKnow
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland born & raised
So let’s get this straight :unimpressed:
Non ados/cacs start beef on the coli. We bark back.. now all of a sudden we maga? :mjtf:

Y’all not even concerned with those cacs using whips on those Haitian immigrants :unimpressed:

But was in this mofo calling us hypocrites & shyt. Make it make sense :unimpressed:

The White House not even outraged by the shyt but y’all will continue to vote for these evil people :unimpressed:

I’m not surprised since velvet used the term “blackity black black” & faced no backlash from it :unimpressed:

saturn7

Politics is an EXCHANGE!!!
Daps
Reppin
DMV Freedman
Your 2015 Black enterprise article states a high number of African immigrants are educated with a college and masters degree. What is the proportion of those with those qualifications as an overall percentage of their demographics (African immigrants). Like I said, there are bound to be some educated people in any immigrant group but what is their proportion (%) in that group.

Of all the African immigrants who immigrated, how many of them have college and masters degree? And most importantly are the qualifications from Y African country (3rd world) recognized and will translate into earning power in a new labor market in a new country and not leave him/her underemployed or at least with the same status he/she had back in his/her home country.

It said most of the growth was being driven by Ethiopia and Nigeria. For one, they do not even speak English in Ethiopia, how are the Ethiopian's educational credentials going to allow him/her to take over jobs over/compete against Americans when he/she does not even speak English. Again, how is the Ethiopian/Nigerian's credentials be recognized in the US with the stigma of coming from a third world country.

I will look at the Nielsen/Project Muse research later and get back to you.

I don't have the numbers in front of me but that book breaks it down.

The overall point is the immigrants coming to the U.S. today (including Caribbeans and Africans) are upper middle to upper class. They hold degrees at higher rates than the avg American and have degrees at much higher rates than their peers back home.

The U.S. ain't asking for the "tired, poor, hungry" immigrants anymore. We are taking in the highly skilled, highly educated elite from other countries.
How the fukk can a group of people who are continually oppressed and locked out of opportunities (ADOS/Freedman) compete against that?

Daps
Reppin
#RIP Kobe
So let’s get this straight :unimpressed:
Non ados/cacs start beef on the coli. We bark back.. now all of a sudden we maga? :mjtf:

Y’all not even concerned with those cacs using whips on those Haitian immigrants :unimpressed:

But was in this mofo calling us hypocrites & shyt. Make it make sense :unimpressed:

The White House not even outraged by the shyt but y’all will continue to vote for these evil people :unimpressed:

I’m not surprised since velvet used the term “blackity black black” & faced no backlash from it :unimpressed:

You live in a gated community, say Yes Sir to cops, got cac neighbors , ain’t never been to prison , and you claim Coli cliques

we ain’t the same