Is there any civilization more fascinating than the Egyptians?

sfgiants

BANNED
Daps
Reppin
NULL

People tend to forget that the Giza pyramids are located near a quarry and the Nile river. So the blocks were pretty much right there, just a couple miles or less. In the case of the Maya/Inca/Aztecs, they used wooden sleds/boats to move the blocks from their quarries to the building sites in many cases. In others, the quarries are located within walking distance. People also overlook the fact that these structures didn't get built overnight. One pyramid could take 20 or more years to build.

lol

Additional imponderables are the time and effort involved in quarrying that many stones and transporting them to the site, some from a quarry 8 miles (12.8 km) away across the river and others from a quarry more than five hundred miles (800 km) away

Building the Great Pyramid in 20 years—the commonly accepted time frame—would have required placing 1.1 blocks in their final resting place every two minutes, over a work schedule of 365 days a year, if the block-laying were continuous for 10 hours per day.

:krs:
rope and water
:what:

im-not-saying-it-was-aliens-but-it-was-aliens.jpg

Blackking

Banned
Supporter
Daps
america got its whole style from england-

england got it's whole style from rome-

rome got it's whole style from ancient greece-

and ancient greece got it's whole style from ancient egypt :obama:

ancient egypt also got it's whole style from an earlier source but thats irrelevant in this conversation.

and the design and functionality of the pyramids is far more complex that people realize. moving 100 ton blocks of limestone hundreds of miles, then lifting and placing them into precise mathematical positions... with ropes, leverage, and pulleys :childplease: lol naw... not on ya life...

I'm surprised that people came into this thread speaking about the aztecs, about the Greeks and their stolen adopted knowledge, about other random cultures.

THE ANSWER is no. It's not even a matter of opinion. Ancient Egypt was the most fascinating civilization. The fact that they provided the blueprints for much of the world philosophy, astrology, ideas, technology, masonry, and religions....

Comparing animal structures to the pyramids? Even bringing up Mayan predictions.. smh... The foundations of Modern Cultures were influenced by ancient Egypt.

Ancient Egypt Video — History.com
The Egyptian Book of the Dead Index
11 Things You May Not Know About Ancient Egypt

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks
sfgiants said:
lol

Additional imponderables are the time and effort involved in quarrying that many stones and transporting them to the site, some from a quarry 8 miles (12.8 km) away across the river and others from a quarry more than five hundred miles (800 km) away

90% of the stone was quarried on-site. Giza is a plateau formed out of.....limestone.

sfgiants said:
Building the Great Pyramid in 20 years—the commonly accepted time frame—would have required placing 1.1 blocks in their final resting place every two minutes, over a work schedule of 365 days a year, if the block-laying were continuous for 10 hours per day.

This is based on an incorrect assumption as to how many blocks are used in construction. The Great Pyramid, unlike the other pyramids on the plateau, is hollow.

sfgiants said:
:krs:
rope and water
:what:

Here's an Egyptian hieroglyph showing a rather large statue being moved by a bunch of slaves using a sled and ropes.......

Ancient_Egypt_rope_usage.jpg

:umad:

sfgiants

BANNED
Daps
Reppin
NULL

90% of the stone was quarried on-site. Giza is a plateau formed out of.....limestone.

This is based on an incorrect assumption as to how many blocks are used in construction. The Great Pyramid, unlike the other pyramids on the plateau, is hollow.

Here's an Egyptian hieroglyph showing a rather large statue being moved by a bunch of slaves using a sled and ropes.......

Ancient_Egypt_rope_usage.jpg

:umad:

oh ok, mr egyptologist, explain this one since you're so adept at reading/depicting hieroglyphs

l.jpg

translate

Berniewood Hogan

IT'S BERNIE SANDERS WITH A STEEL CHAIR!
Daps
Reppin
nWg
The fact that they provided the blueprints for much of the world philosophy,

THE EGYPTIANS WERE VERY INFLUENTIAL, BROTHER! BUT SHOW ME HOW THEIR PHILOSOPHY INFLUENCED GREECE, FOR INSTANCE DUDE! AS HOLLYWOOD SAID, GREECE GAVE RISE TO THE REPUBLIC AND FREETHOUGHT! EGYPT WAS MORE ABOUT THEOCRATIC MONARCHY, DUDE!

Blackking

Banned
Supporter
Daps
THE EGYPTIANS WERE VERY INFLUENTIAL, BROTHER! BUT SHOW ME HOW THEIR PHILOSOPHY INFLUENCED GREECE, FOR INSTANCE DUDE! AS HOLLYWOOD SAID, GREECE GAVE RISE TO THE REPUBLIC AND FREETHOUGHT! EGYPT WAS MORE ABOUT THEOCRATIC MONARCHY, DUDE!

Influenced religion in Greece. Influenced Astrology in Greece. Also influenced their art and architecture.
Influenced some of the sexual practices, along with technology, biology, and chemistry.

"Ancient Egyptian philosophy has been credited by the ancient Greeks as being the beginning of philosophy."

Athens did birth democracy, but Greek society was influenced by societies that were around millenniums before Greece existed.

Berniewood Hogan

IT'S BERNIE SANDERS WITH A STEEL CHAIR!
Daps
Reppin
nWg

Blackking

Banned
Supporter
Daps

Type Username Here

Not a new member
Daps
Reppin
humans
yea from wiki. But it's common knowledge that the Greeks were influenced by the Egyptians.

No one is saying they weren't.

We are saying that a lot of what the Greeks are known came about during their civilization, and is not based off of any prior ones, especially in Philosophical thought.

Blackking

Banned
Supporter
Daps
No one is saying they weren't.

We are saying that a lot of what the Greeks are known came about during their civilization, and is not based off of any prior ones, especially in Philosophical thought.

"SHOW ME HOW THEIR PHILOSOPHY INFLUENCED GREECE, FOR INSTANCE DUDE!"

So the Greeks didn't borrow ideas on Ethics, Morals, the afterlife, humanity, and spirituality from the Egyptians?

Egyptians didn't lay the base of modern Western thought?

Scientist and archeologist are still confused on some of the things the Egyptians built.. while they influenced the Greeks design and methods of building.. there is hardly anything mysterious as to how they accomplished those structures.

So Egyptians didn't influence the language and idea's about religion in Greece so much that to this day Every Western nation is using ideas, modified names, and concepts regarding religion that were started in ancient Egypt?

Greeks were known to pass knowledge, values, and lessons through storytelling.. I guess its a coincidence that some of the most famous stories have parallels in Ancient Egypt that pre date the Greek stories.

I will say the Greeks developed democracy. I believe they originated their own concept of democracy. They were just like America and every other powerful western nation in history.. base your government on freedom and democracy only to give those rights to a select few CAC's.

I guess Pluto n the rest didn't study in Africa, specifically Egypt? If you were typeusername from ancient Greece.. you would consider Egypt as the base of what you know of world history. Astronomy, forms of writing, ethics, most advanced human inventions.. you would trace all this back to Egypt. There were other advanced civilizations.. but to the Greeks, Egypt was their go to civilization for Ideas. All of Europe was ignorant and illiterate for most of modern human history (while the rest of the world had forms of writing, calculus, astronomy, and advanced medicine) .. luckily the Greeks studied.

Type Username Here

Not a new member
Daps
Reppin
humans
"SHOW ME HOW THEIR PHILOSOPHY INFLUENCED GREECE, FOR INSTANCE DUDE!"

So the Greeks didn't borrow ideas on Ethics, Morals, the afterlife, humanity, and spirituality from the Egyptians?

Egyptians didn't lay the base of modern Western thought?

Scientist and archeologist are still confused on some of the things the Egyptians built.. while they influenced the Greeks design and methods of building.. there is hardly anything mysterious as to how they accomplished those structures.

So Egyptians didn't influence the language and idea's about religion in Greece so much that to this day Every Western nation is using ideas, modified names, and concepts regarding religion that were started in ancient Egypt?

Greeks were known to pass knowledge, values, and lessons through storytelling.. I guess its a coincidence that some of the most famous stories have parallels in Ancient Egypt that pre date the Greek stories.

I will say the Greeks developed democracy. I believe they originated their own concept of democracy. They were just like America and every other powerful western nation in history.. base your government on freedom and democracy only to give those rights to a select few CAC's.

I guess Pluto n the rest didn't study in Africa, specifically Egypt? If you were typeusername from ancient Greece.. you would consider Egypt as the base of what you know of world history. Astronomy, forms of writing, ethics, most advanced human inventions.. you would trace all this back to Egypt. There were other advanced civilizations.. but to the Greeks, Egypt was their go to civilization for Ideas. All of Europe was ignorant and illiterate for most of modern human history (while the rest of the world had forms of writing, calculus, astronomy, and advanced medicine) .. luckily the Greeks studied.

The bold is bullshyt black supremacist nonsense. That's the first thing.

Secondly, you seem confused as that what you are arguing in favor of. I said the Greeks surely were influenced by Egyptians, Phonecians and others prior to their rise, and during their rise. It doesn't change the fact that a lot of concepts were strictly Greek in nature. Why does it upset you to admit that?

Let's move this argument to math.

I'm trying to say that Calculus was strictly the discovery of two men. You keep bringing up the fact that Calculus wouldn't exist without Algebra, Greek Geometry and African mathematics. No one is arguing the latter, I'm merely saying that Calculus came about in an exclusive manner to two different men.