is there an argument that Tom Cruise is the GOAT movie star?

ECA

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's the only argument actually. Only Tom Hanks on that level of star power

ECA

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yea, now that you mentioned it. I can’t see Tom Cruise pulling off Fight Club, Ib*stards, Snatch, and hell even the next movie Brad about to drop.

But I can easily see Brad doing most of the movies Tom did. Like Jack Reacher is probably better with Brad

I feel like the MI series is probably his best work but it’s a lot of smoke and mirrors with that too.

And I’m not trynna shyt on him, just outside of MI. There isn’t a movie from him I loved outside the one with Jamie Foxx

Ain't nobody saying Tom Cruise is a better actor than Pitt. Just a bigger draw. What about that dont you understand?

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Tom cruise hasn’t made a lot of bad movies tbh, which is saying a lot considering how many movies he’s starred in over the last 30 something years

He might have the best resume in hollywood

Peter Parker

Superstar
Daps
Mission Impossible fukking sucks, not a single Academy Award or legendary movie to his name aside maybe Risky Business or Jerry McGuire. I guess if this is about box office and how much other people with bad taste enjoy his movies then yeah he's probably top 2 or 3.

Movie quality, longevity and popularity all considered, how is it anyone but De Niro?

Duke Dixon

Superstar
Daps
I don't know that much about old movies but would Charlton Heston's resume for when he was the guy still be impressive by today's standards?

Edit: Clint Eastwood too. But yea Tom Cruise still gets people to watch his movies off his name. I should watch his 80s and 90s stuff.

O³ (O cubed)

No more PAWGs, PLEASE??!!!??
Daps
Reppin
Hackney, London
I thought about it and yeah Tom Cruise is the only movie star I can think of. Damn near 40 years of box office hits.

ciubaca

Superstar
Daps
I dont think you can compare Tom to Arnold or with brad pitt or leo... Arnold cant act and leo and brad pitt dont rly do action movies:yeshrug:
I think Tom vs Will is a good debate.. they both can act, they both do mostly action movies except tom doest release an oscar bait movie every year.

Shogun

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Knicks
It’s fair to say he’s the best movie star, but not the best actor. It’s debatable. My kids call him “action man”. He’s good in that role but he’s basically just a slightly different version of Tom Cruise in every movie. It works though, at least for me. He’s cool enough to pull it off. Similar to Brad Pitt in that way.

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Y'all have turned this into the greatest actor.. Or who's in the best movies...

This is about STAR power. When you know absolutely nothing about a movie, except that it's starring ___________________. Who is the biggest name you can slide in there and make a HIT.

You can say "the new rock movie is coming" and fill those seats waaaaaaaaay faster than "the new bruce willis movie"...

The question is, would prime rock fill more seats than prime bruce willis? Numbers say he'd crush him. So yes he's the bigger STAR

Classic Coli

Question: 'Is Steph Curry the greatest 3pt shooter ever?'

Response: 'Nah Jordan was better at in-game dunking'

:mjlol: