is there an argument that Tom Cruise is the GOAT movie star?

Rice N Beans

Junior Hayley Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
I don't think ever, but he's in a group with Pitt. Early DiCaprio was probably the biggest peak I could ever remember since Arnold-mania. So much power in having Leo on the bill for some time after Titanic came out.

Thinking about it, it's probably Tom Hanks when we talk about true star power. Dude's run has been chugging along since the 80s, has always had strong draw power, and has subsided only due to age. Even still, he has been keeping stellar performances like the somewhat recent Mr. Rogers film, successfully broken into directing, voice acting, etc. You got Tom Hanks and you're golden.

85 East

DJ D'eeznuts
Daps
Movie star yes. Actor no.

Movie Stars
Cruise
Pitt
Smith
Dicaprio
Washington

Him

1-1800-IMHIM
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Golden △
Had he not fukked up the Mummy remake I would agree.

Brenden Fraser need to get in shape for one last run with Evie fine ass (forgot the actress name)

lamont614

Superstar
Daps
I don't think ever, but he's in a group with Pitt. Early DiCaprio was probably the biggest peak I could ever remember since Arnold-mania. So much power in having Leo on the bill for some time after Titanic came out.

Thinking about it, it's probably Tom Hanks when we talk about true star power. Dude's run has been chugging along since the 80s, has always had strong draw power, and has subsided only due to age. Even still, he has been keeping stellar performances like the somewhat recent Mr. Rogers film, successfully broken into directing, voice acting, etc. You got Tom Hanks and you're golden.

Tom hanks is washed he had a good run but cruise just saved the movie theaters with top gun

• Dap
Reactions: ADP
Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
He has an argument but the real GOAT movie star is Will Smith simply based on the fact that he had to overcome racism SEVERAL times to get to where he is due to Hollywood’s long outdated notion that black leads don’t sell movies overseas.

The director of Independence Day had to fight for Will Smith’s casting because the studios didn’t want a black lead in a Science Fiction tentpole.

The studio originally wanted Chris O’donnell for Men In Black and the producers had to fight to get Smith in as the star

Enemy Of The State was written for Tom Cruise, Will Smith only got the part after campaigning once Cruise turned it down

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]

The $280M in participations include for Kosinski, McQuarrie, Bruckheimer and certainly Cruise. Cruise landed what sources call an old-fashioned movie star deal, one of the best in history. While some tell us it’s well north of $100M, others tell us it’s double that of his best payday on Mission: Impossible, which would get him to $200M. Essentially, $12.5M against 10% of first-dollar gross with escalators that trigger when the movie hits certain box office benchmarks. The net profit of $391.1M is shared among Paramount, Skydance and New Republic.