Is the rich Asian stereotype raw BS or is it real

Scustin Bieburr

Baby baybee baybee UUUGH
Daps
I'm watching the netflix show 'Beef' and it's nice to actually see a story about at least one Asian American struggling to make ends meet. Makes me realize that I hadn't thought that much about the Asian retail workers I've run into or homeless I've seen on the street. They have an image of success that's turned into a stereotype since for a long time the only asians the govt. allowed in were people who were already middle-upper class in their home countries :ehh:

Cakebatter

All Star
Daps
Plenty of poor and working-class Asians along the coasts of the US. I've met plenty. Asians financially flex on each other much harder than Blacks. I personally know someone Asian who drives a Lexus, but lives in a roach infested apartment. When my kids were in public schools, one of my kid's friends was Asian and my kid had to encourage them to do better in school. There are cultural norms and there are stereotypes. What you see on TV and in movies is 90% stereotypes.

Kingofthereal

King of kings
Daps
I watched a documentary that shared some insight on this. One of the women said the model minority stereotype actually causes harm inside the Asian community because a lot of them are struggling but can’t get help or refuse to get help because of people believing the stereotype that they’re all successful and have a lot of money.

jay83

Superstar
Daps
Perception is everything in places like Korea and Japan. Families will literally go into debt trying to keep up with the image of being wealthy. Families will send their kids to private expensive schools they can’t afford for perception and bragging rights.

Kiyoshi-Dono

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Petty Vandross.. fukk Yall
nikkas talk about black folks stunting
Have no idea the lengths Asians go through to stunt on each other
Many Asian kids don’t even want to go to college and study the subjects they end up doing
Their parents push that shyt on to them so they can use their child’s success for clout amongst peers and relatives
Very small percentage are getting to the bag
And when they do
They end up in debt or their parents magically “retire” and move in to reap said benefits of success
That’s the downside of paagin and Jeezy going through that shyt now
That’s why I laugh at fukk nikkas in that New York warehouse sale thread
To be so problack and not have any concept of how others get down
Is the first sign that I know many posters are cacs or nonblacks perpetuating with that virtue signaling ass bullshyt of
Blacks people gotta do better

Ashtrey

Superstar
Daps
Indians, Taiwanese and Filipinos have the highest median household incomes among the Asians and I think overall.

Usually the Asians effected by the Vietnam War ie. Vietnam, Cambodia and Laos would have lower incomes due to being refugees compared to economic immigrants like Indians, Koreans, some Chinese (Taiwan, Hong Kong).

Last edited:

Blessings

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
nikkas talk about black folks stunting
Have no idea the lengths Asians go through to stunt on each other
Many Asian kids don’t even want to go to college and study the subjects they end up doing
Their parents push that shyt on to them so they can use their child’s success for clout amongst peers and relatives
Very small percentage are getting to the bag
And when they do
They end up in debt or their parents magically “retire” and move in to reap said benefits of success
That’s the downside of paagin and Jeezy going through that shyt now
That’s why I laugh at fukk nikkas in that New York warehouse sale thread
To be so problack and not have any concept of how others get down
Is the first sign that I know many posters are cacs or nonblacks perpetuating with that virtue signaling ass bullshyt of
Blacks people gotta do better
Indian, African, Black American and West Indian parents do the same
Going all hands on deck to prioritize your child's education is not stunting

Wig Twistin Season

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
I used to work with a Chinese woman who was a single mother supporting 2 children and working 2 jobs to still be broke. She looked like life beat her down every time she tried to crawl up.

We got to talking once (mistake) and she told me her whole life story. Long story short, first generation, married an Asian dude who sold her a dream that he was gonna take care of her, they started a family, his business failed and he dipped.