Is the John Cena revisionist history insane?

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
Rock did get booed Hogan vs Rock ring a bell

Steve was washed

them dudes never had the run as Cena to see if people would turn on them
Cena got booed every ppv. Rock got booed vs Hogan. Big difference. Nobody has the run Cena had because nobody was ever as forced as he was. They tried to do that shyt again with Roman and failed miserably. Crowd not going for that no more.

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO
Cena got booed every ppv. Rock got booed vs Hogan. Big difference. Nobody has the run Cena had because nobody was ever as forced as he was. They tried to do that shyt again with Roman and failed miserably. Crowd not going for that no more.
and if Rock stayed a face he would be the remix. So they pivoted and made Rock a heel

LordDeathwatch

Valar Morghulis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD / Charlotte, NC
It's definitely revisionist history. He's the most forced top guy in history. They kept so many down to keep him ahead.

nikkas in here acting like his run was organic. :skip:
Now nikkas really in here saying he had no organic fans as well as haters? :mjtf:

See, this is what I'm talking about; you guys are too emotional, completely incapable of being objective it's like arguing with a female. Dude had more crowd engagement than any other wrestler in decades before and since, every match was loud with the back and forth. Companies would kill for even half of that for 6 months. He kept it going for over 10 years.

Look at current "stars", they're over when their music hits followed by mostly dead silence with a few pops for a spot and if they're lucky, and a decent pop at the end. That's on a good night.

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
Rock did get booed as a face. Hogan vs Rock ring a bell

Steve was washed. His last run no one cared like that. Wwe didn’t give a fukk he walked

them dudes never had the run as Cena to see if people would turn on them
He got boo’d as a face as Rocky Maivia then when he was about to hit Hollywood on his way out vs Brock Lesnar. The fans were simply on their nostalgia kick when he faced Hogan. They immediately got back behind Rock until he faced Brock at SS2002.

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps
People are always nostalgic over older things, its not exclusive to Cena. What is said in the OP is mostly true but I would say it was more WWE's fault than Cena himself. The guy showed up and was consistent for a long time and carried them as the top guy. Plus he is just a nice man so people are finally appreciating him instead of over hating like they did.

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
Now nikkas really in here saying he had no organic fans as well as haters? :mjtf:

See, this is what I'm talking about; you guys are too emotional, completely incapable of being objective it's like arguing with a female. Dude had more crowd engagement than any other wrestler in decades before and since, every match was loud with the back and forth. Companies would kill for even half of that for 6 months. He kept it going for over 10 years.

Look at current "stars", they're over when their music hits followed by mostly dead silence with a few pops for a spot and if they're lucky, and a decent pop at the end. That's on a good night.
You sound like Michael Cole putting the"polarizing" spin on it. You're the one being emotional and not objective. Name another top face of the company who was continually booed by half the crowd every night. Top stars were getting the reaction when they turned heel, he got it every night as a face. Nobody has been forced into people's faces night in and night out like Cena.

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
It’s a ton of revisionist history. The crowd turned on him within 2-4 months of coming to raw. He was turned into a white meat babyface who always overcame the odds and won clean as a whistle while not looking like he belonged in the ring with his opponents either. Then the 2008-11 period came which was even worse than 2005-07. During the 2005-15 period I can’t think of a single opponent where he was overwhelmingly cheered aside from maybe Umaga or Khali, which is a major indictment of how he was booked. It wasn’t entirely his fault, but he needed to step in and say that they should’ve done shyt different. His act had gotten stale by 2006-07 and it never really changed while I wouldn’t say anyone but edge really benefitted from working with him since he went over every heel multiple times clean as a whistle.

Strangely enough once they started to get away from him as the top guy and let him change up his match style and do more on the mic than tell bad jokes & not take his opponent seriously before beating him clean multiple times, he became a lot more interesting. It’s a shame they didn’t let him showcase that while he was the top guy. The whole show would’ve benefitted from it as opposed to the top heels being cheered by default since the crowd was tired of the top face, which throws everything out of alignment and makes for a near disorienting viewing experience.

the elastic

livin' outside of the matrix
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the bay/norcal
Cena, Batista and Orton is all I know, fukk yall

the-basement-you-gone-get-yours.gif

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Only thing that should be said about Cena was. He was a higher quality definitive company upgrade to hogun.

Which is what I said he was. When I suggested the next hogun.
was running around on A island based reality TV show.

Stop listening to the people who never found your draws .

I found John Cena for wrasslin.

I suggested it and it never went past anything I initially or posted or saw.
Plus it was booked just like how I said it would be as well.
All this revisionist shyt is just proof of my prophecy.
More prophecy.

Art Barr