Is the John Cena revisionist history insane?

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
Pre 2005 i was a Cena fan.

From 2006 up to 2024, he's entertained me TWICE. And both times were when he came out as Dr of Thuganomics.

It's amazing I'm still watching wrestling even. If not for Brock being mixed in to beat him, I would've been done.

Seems like a good person tho off camera

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
I'm catching up on some Cena promos :dahell: He was supposed to be the Top BabyFace with all that shooting?
He was passive aggressive..he thought that was his way of fighting heel heat and the negative reaction. All could if avoided had he not turned on the character thst got him over on Smackdown..he was basically a whole different character on Raw as underdog champion, Chain gang this and that, and he started doing normal promos.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Pre 2005 i was a Cena fan.

From 2006 up to 2024, he's entertained me TWICE. And both times were when he came out as Dr of Thuganomics.

It's amazing I'm still watching wrestling even. If not for Brock being mixed in to beat him, I would've been done.

Seems like a good person tho off camera
Ask Tyler Reks and Wade Barrett if he's a good person...lol

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Okay then. Who during that era had potential to hold it down?

Punk? Doesn't like the spotlight and couldn't handle the workload of being a face of the company.

Dolph? Half asser.

Seth? Sure, but he had a lot of baggage tied to him unlike the squeaky clean Cena.

Wade Barret? Mid.

Orton? Cena's biggest rival but had a load of bad stuff behind scenes like failing drug tests in a time when WWE wanted a clean image.

The only one that's a company guy and willing to put in work besides Cena was arguably Miz and eventually, with enough elbow grease and experience, Roman.
First off..Blandy should of been fired in 2005 for harassing and sh1ting in bags of Amy Weber. He's a fukking flake. A utter farce. Sorry. Has absolutely no memorable matches or promos. It's no shocker they always act like he's dead when he gets injured..the white fanbase kind of marks out for him for awhile..thats about it. He never drew shyt. Chump change. Probably the most overpaid and overrated stars next to Cripple H and Shawn Michaels.

If not Cena? Batista was on top too. RVD was around. Jericho was around. They pushed Cena like he was bigger than everyone..he never was. In 2006...the ratings were kind of decent but they kept getting worse as the years went on. They made a huge rivalry with him and goofy Edge..that about says it all.

Roman? Hahahaha...Roman is a company pushed gimmick. Guy was terrible on the mic for years. They are so damn proud the Shield stuff worked out enough to where they could justify pushing and paying him big money really for no reason. Keep in mind he used to beat the Rebel clean on Raw to end 2012. He wasn't selling more merchandise than Sasha Banks for a long time. This Bloodline is a huge mirage because this is really some 2015 shyt. Now...it's not doing the company any good at this juncture..Sola isn't progressing..Jimmy is still a slave..they just screwed up Cody, no matter what the fans do..he still said what he said on Friday. Seth? He's been butchered. Roman just buried him like Cripple H did Eugene and the Hurricane...decimated his title reign and then they got Cody possibly pursuing that? Lol. Fans can whine all they want but that will always be on the record.

Last edited:

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
Things get looked at fondly When enough time passes. People act like Ruthless Aggression was actually good now when in reality that's when everyone dipped and stopped watching. You even get revisionist history for Triple H and his bullshyt back then.
Right! When I hear people talk about the smackdown 6 or how Eddie and “the white man” won the title like it was a great moment I be like, were we watching the same show? I didn’t even recognize that there was a smackdown 6, if it wasn’t for the IWC and the network I would have no memory of these dudes. And I like Eddie. Biker taker was white trash I couldn’t stand that shyt, Brock left, Rock left and as soon as Cena stopped rapping and moved to raw he became corny.

I did like evolution tho yall tripping on that

Space Cowboy

Allahu Akbar
Daps
Reppin
CowboysNation
First off..Blandy should of been fired in 2005 for harassing and sh1ting in bags of Amy Weber. He's a fukking flake. A utter farce. Sorry. Has absolutely no memorable matches or promos. It's no shocker they always act like he's dead when he gets injured..the white fanbase kind of marks out for him for awhile..thats about it. He never drew shyt. Chump change. Probably the most overpaid and overrated stars next to Cripple H and Shawn Michaels.

If not Cena? Batista was on top too. RVD was around. Jericho was around. They pushed Cena like he was bigger than everyone..he never was. In 2006...the ratings were kind of decent but they kept getting worse as the years went on. They made a huge rivalry with him and goofy Edge..that about says it all.

Roman? Hahahaha...Roman is a company pushed gimmick. Guy was terrible on the mic for years. They are so damn proud the Shield stuff worked out enough to where they could justify pushing and paying him big money really for no reason. Keep in mind he used to beat the Rebel clean on Raw to end 2012. He wasn't selling more merchandise than Sasha Banks for a long time. This Bloodline is a huge mirage because this is really some 2015 shyt. Now...it's not doing the company any good at this juncture..Sola isn't progressing..Jimmy is still a slave..they just screwed up Cody, no matter what the fans do..he still said what he said on Friday. Seth? He's been butchered. Roman just buried him like Cripple H did Eugene and the Hurricane...decimated his title reign and then they got Cody possibly pursuing that? Lol. Fans can whine all they want but that will always be on the record.
No arguments on Blandy. He sucks. I'm just giving reasons beyond wrasslin and mic ability.

RVD is a legend but not loyal to WWE. He bounced from promotion to promotion and is not a face of the company type star.

Bautista retired from full time.

Jericho was much older, too comedic, and also an opportunist that bounced between promotions.

Edge retired prematurely due to injury.

Cena led the locker room, had a nice good guy image when the company needed it, kept that image clean and didn't get into major scandal, was built like the old stars of old, had high work ethic and would wrestle any time WWE asked, bust his ass for the company as an ambassador any time they needed him that other guys at his level (Punk;etc) would get tired of doing.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
No arguments on Blandy. He sucks. I'm just giving reasons beyond wrasslin and mic ability.

RVD is a legend but not loyal to WWE. He bounced from promotion to promotion and is not a face of the company type star.

Bautista retired from full time.

Jericho was much older, too comedic, and also an opportunist that bounced between promotions.

Edge retired prematurely due to injury.

Cena led the locker room, had a nice good guy image when the company needed it, kept that image clean and didn't get into major scandal, was built like the old stars of old, had high work ethic and would wrestle any time WWE asked, bust his ass for the company as an ambassador any time they needed him that other guys at his level (Punk;etc) would get tired of doing.
RVD was red hot. It really should of been Rock vs RVD at Summerslam. Lesnar was a certain mold they went with.

LordDeathwatch

Valar Morghulis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD / Charlotte, NC
Stop talking to rg about Cena. You're talking to a brick wall.
I don't know what level of autism people have to hit before they finally hit the Eject button. I swear MFs legit just like arguing in circles because an actual discussion, a debate requires that both people are capable of admitting when someone has a point and an exchange of ideas.

You can't do that when one is suffering from retardation. :hubie:

jeh

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The 🏝️ Of Relevancy
It's funny when someone says

" Yeah Marine Cena and Super cena sucks but I loved his rap gimmick"

No. All of it sucked.

How bout those marks standing in line clapping for him backstage. They're your co workers/peers. Way to make the wwe superstars look like fans.

And Michael Cole sucks too

DosCadenaz

Superstar
Daps
Oh my god Wade Barrett and Zach Ryder oh noooo…. :troll:

Cena is GOAT tier
lmao I’m sorry but sometimes casual fans or people that don’t watch matter. They fukk with cena and I guarantee they don’t give a fukk about Wade Barrett or Zach Ryder

DosCadenaz

Superstar
Daps
Wade was murdering Cena on the mic in 2010. And he didn't get no mega Reigns push..so who knows what he should of been.
Imagine what WADE BARRETT could have been. This is just trying way too hard