Is the John Cena revisionist history insane?

DamienWayne

Superstar
Daps
Cena Era / ruthless aggression was the best Era no debate . Let me debunk all this bs real quick.

in 2006 when he came to raw he was booed by the raw crowd , up to that point raw was still the home of the more traditional wreslers and fans , smackdown was more of a young urban demographic. it slowly changed to raw being the A show just because cena was on it.

He was the face for a decade plus. so how can u really compare the ticket sales

i know more people that stopped watching wresling when he left than when he was there . but he was there for a whole generation of course those fans 10-20 grew up and did other things

SteelCitySoldier

TSC Fantasy Football Champion 2016
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles C.A.
His run was trash because he NEVER lost and I know people may say “well Roman never loses” but the difference is how many people SHOULD have beat him. You could name at least five wrestlers that were BURRIED because of Cena…and yes I know it wasn’t his fault but that is the reason why his shyt was so trash. A LOT of diehard fans dipped between that time because “Cena should have lost to _____”

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
I think there's a lot of grey area with this. What the guy said is mostly true but Cena from '05-'08 or so was very popular and he and Batista held it down, I mean who knows how many viewers they would have lost without them and then Cena's run from around 2012 through to the end was tremendous and resulted in some of the hottest feuds in a minute including everything with The Rock.

The real stinky period from the start of the PG Era and through the following 2-3 years was really fukking bad but not all his fault.

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
Cena was organic. WWE didn’t think he was gon be on top. but once They see u as the guy they keep u there just like with Rock and Steve. Hardy never was the guy
Rock and Austin lost and didn't have half the crowd booing them. There were hella stars that never got to main event status cause Cena was protected. There was nothing organic about him at all.

Jeff Hardy wasn't the guy because he left. He had surpassed Cena at his peak.
john-cena-throws-shirt-back.gif

:mjlol: imagine that happening to Austin.

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO
Rock and Austin lost and didn't have half the crowd booing them. There were hella stars that never got to main event status cause Cena was protected. There was nothing organic about him at all.

Jeff Hardy wasn't the guy because he left. He had surpassed Cena at his peak.
john-cena-throws-shirt-back.gif

:mjlol: imagine that happening to Austin.
Rock did get booed as a face. Hogan vs Rock ring a bell

Steve was washed. His last run no one cared like that. Wwe didn’t give a fukk he walked

them dudes never had the run as Cena to see if people would turn on them