Is Steph winning his fourth Finals putting Lebron Era to the back burner for the 00s

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Fair enough— you’re talking about unreasonable LeBron stans.

I’m not a “stan”, I’m a fan. Read the things I’ve said here:

I’m a Laker fan but I don’t think Kobe is better than LeBron

I’m a LeBron fan but I don’t think he’s the GOAT

My second favorite player of all time is Mike Bibby, a thorn in the Lakers’ side for years.

I don’t liked being lumped. I want yall to talk to ME just like I’m talking to you. First thing you dudes called me was a “fakkit” because you’re fighting stan ghosts when I’m the one that was standing in front of you.

Anyway, your definition of a superstar is a legacy one— because of what they did in the past. That’s the definition of a participation award— Wade wasn’t a superstar for 50% of the time he played with Bron on the Heat. Love, Bosh, Westbrook, Kyrie and AD don’t fit your definition of superstar because they were ALLLLLLL perinneal losers before they cliqued up with Bron.

My definition is based upon play at that time. You average 25 or more, scoring multiple 30-40 point games in a series, that’s a superstar. Consistency in the moment.

Are you a Laker fan? Kobe fan/stan?

Why is it then, that the Thunder were babies vs LeBron, but not vs the Lakers in 2012? What do you make of that series?

You gotta toughen up breh. This section is the wild, wild west.

Kobe was older for one. He's six years older than LeBron. He would've been 33 going on 34 in 2012. Two, the Lakers were a shell after going to three championships but, mostly they just failed. From what I remember, Kobe, who was primarily a jump shooter then, struggled because he couldn't deal with Durant's wing span on his shots. Harden defended him well too. In comparison, Bron is bigger and drives to the hole more often so he could out muscle Durant and Harden was too small to even try. Bron also had more help.....having Bosh and Wade as teammates is much better than having Gasol. The Lakers had an illusion of having an advantage with Gasol, Bynum, Odom being all 7 footers that could rebound and clog the paint but, the reality was none of those guys could take over a game offensively and drop 30-40 if Kobe was wack sauce for a night. And on the defensive end, Wade and Bosh are more ferocious than Gasol who was soft and even though Odom, Bynum weren't soft, they still weren't world class like Wade. If it was 2003-2008 Prime Kobe instead + Wade and Bosh as teammates......OKC would have got beat just like Bron beat them.

In short, OKC had a baby Big Three. Miami had a Prime Big Three. LA had a Big One.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Bron also had more help.....having Bosh and Wade as teammates is much better than having Gasol. The Lakers had an illusion of having an advantage with Gasol, Bynum, Odom being all 7 footers that could rebound and clog the paint but, the reality was none of those guys could take over a game offensively and drop 30-40 if Kobe was wack sauce for a night. And on the defensive end, Wade and Bosh are more ferocious than Gasol who was soft and even though Odom, Bynum weren't soft, they still weren't world class like Wade.
Miami had a Prime Big Three. LA had a Big One.

Um, you do realize that Bynum was 2nd-team All-NBA in 2012 and averaged more points, more rebounds, more blocks, and had more 20-point games in the 2012 postseason than Bosh had?

Gasol was a 17-10-4 guy that year and had manned up and outplayed Dwight and KG in back-to-back Finals, playing some of the best defense anyone ever had on Dwight, but now he's too "soft" to help Kobe?

Odom wasn't even on the Lakers in 2012, he'd been traded to the Mavs for a pick.

And you've got to be a fukking clown to claim that Wade was a world-class defender in 2012. Wade wasn't even above average on that end, he was limping around on one leg and struggled defensively all postseason. And he only broke 30 once the entire postseason (Bosh never even hit 25). Are you serious with this shyt?

You've conclusively proven that you don't know what the fukk you're talking about. You're just repeating narratives you half remember but you can't even tell us who was on the court.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
In short, OKC had a baby Big Three.

In 2012 Durant was 1st-team All-NBA and 2nd in MVP voting for the 3rd straight year.

Westbrook was 2nd-team All-NBA for the 2nd straight year.

Harden was 6th Man of the Year and just four months away from an All-NBA season averaging 26-6-6 for Houston.

Ibaka led the league in blocks with 3.7 a game and barely missed winning Defensive Player of the Year.

Until they ran into LeBron, they'd gone 12-3 against the defending champ Mavs, the previous champ Lakers, and the future champ Spurs. And it wasn't anything new to them, the previous year they'd advanced to the WCF until getting beat in 5 by the title-destined Mavs squad.

Calling them "baby" is a bunch of bullshyt. They were three All-NBA caliber players plus a DPOY candidate and had already won 25 playoff games together.

Miami had a Prime Big Three.

You keep claiming that Wade and Bosh were in their prime in 2012 when EVERYONE knows they were both fighting injuries that postseason and a shell of their prime selves.

* Wade was just 3rd-team All-NBA that year and missed 1/4 of the season due to injury. He only broke 30 once that entire postseason (and had a 5-point game the same series). Didn't surpass 25 points at any point in the Finals, while Westbrook put up a 43-point game.

* Bosh was hurt and limited that entire postseason. Only played 14 games and only surpassed 10 points in eight of them. In the Finals he averaged 14.6ppg on 45% shooting.

Claiming Miami had a "Prime Big Three" while OKC were just "babies" is a bunch of bullshyt.

Th3Birdman

Rookie of The Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
You gotta toughen up breh. This section is the wild, wild west

Haha.

Bruh, you got the wrong idea.

I couldn't give less than a fukk what you guys think or say about me or my posts. What I was saying is that you guys immediately defaulted to "fakkit" and other meaningless insults in order to deflect and avoid engaging with my points.

I deal with trolls on a daily basis, fam. The insults don't phase me. The point was, engage with the points I'm making, because you and others aren't (and I think it's because you can't). Y'all just trying to get jokes and insults off, and that's why nikkas come in here mad that we're actually typing messages with real content on a message board.
Kobe was older for one

Kobe was 2 years removed from a championship season, a playoff/championship run where he put up 29/6/6. His playoff run the year he lost to the Thunder was 30/5/4. In other words, Kobe was the same Kobe from his Championship run in 2010, the age argument does not hold up.

Kobe averaged 31/5/4 with 2 steals a game vs the Thunder. Miss me with the age jazz.
Kobe, who was primarily a jump shooter then, struggled because he couldn't deal with Durant's wing span on his shots

As I just showed above, you are misremembering that series or you're making things up, hoping that I didn't watch that series or don't remember it. Kobe averaged 31 points a game vs OKC. He struggled from THREE, that's it. Kobe has never been an efficient player.
Bron also had more help.....having Bosh and Wade as teammates is much better than having Gasol

LMAO.

You, like other Kobe stans, ALWAYS downplay the help Kobe had, and you're doing this by only listing Gasol. Kobe got 10 or more points from three other players.

Gasol, Bynum and Artest combined for 39.2 PPG. Let's stop acting like Kobe didn't have help-- he absolutely did. The Heat were a stronger team, but you don't have to lie to prove that point.
In short, OKC had a baby Big Three. Miami had a Prime Big Three. LA had a Big One

This is just ignorant of the facts, and borderline lying.

First of all, the Thunder had a BIG FOUR. You're leaving out Ibaka. Those four players averaged more points than the Heat's so-called "big three". OKC's big four combined for 77 PPG-- Miami's so-called big three combined for 65 PPG. Even if you want to take off Ibaka's (SEVEN) points, OKC's big three averaged 70 PPG vs the Heat in the Finals.

Durant/Harden/Westbrook > LeBron/Wade/Bosh

If Miami had a "big three" then OKC had a big three and a half. Calling them babies is nonsensical, and only done because you want to downplay LeBron's title victory on them. This is a Skip Bayless level take.

Th3Birdman

Rookie of The Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
:francis: Yeah we got another @Rhakim esque loser on our hands brehs

Lol y'all really keep saying that like it's a bad thing.

Bruh, I see nothing but love for Rhakim on this board. I literally only see Kobe stans mad at dude; of course you nikkas don't like me: I'm an actual Laker fan and you nikkas are Kobe stans.

We are not the same.

10bandz

RIP to the GOAT
Supporter
Daps
Lol y'all really keep saying that like it's a bad thing.

Bruh, I see nothing but love for Rhakim on this board. I literally only see Kobe stans mad at dude; of course you nikkas don't like me: I'm an actual Laker fan and you nikkas are Kobe stans.

We are not the same.

Nobody loves Rhakim on this board except LeGBT fags and cornballs in HL :mjlol:

Oh you’re a laker fan now too? :mjlol:

Blurneed

Pro
Daps
Yeah and he hasn’t shown that skill yet in any of the championships his team has won. You can hype up him being the greatest shooter of all time but that’s literally translated to 0 FMVPs out of 3 rings. He has zero dominant Finals moments despite being on the winning team for 12 Finals games. Get all the way the fukk outta here dawg.
He may not have had dominant performances but his team still won due to his abilities and it was still enough to push them over the top. KD won Finals MVPs with the luxury of rarely seeing any double teams yet Steph back in the finals without him, correct?

Iggy winning the Finals MVP while Curry got 0 votes was a travesty and completely ridiculous, we can agree to that I'm sure. We can agree Curry didn't dominate but he has played well in at least 2 Finals, ok in 1 and not so great in another. But let's not be disingenuous and act like they ain't get there because of him being their most important player.

Th3Birdman

Rookie of The Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Nobody loves Rhakim on this board except LeGBT fags and cornballs in HL

Ahh, so what you're saying is, the posters that actually post real shyt over in Higher Learning, a board for mature discussion, respect Rhakim, and the nikkas that shytpost in the toxic NBA threads like you, don't.

Hm... you don't seem to realize you aren't making a compelling case.

Oh you’re a laker fan now too?

"Now"? You speak as if you know me personally.

This me in *real* life:

I stay repping LAL/ Los Angeles.

You nikkas only fukked with Kobe-- we are not the same :unimpressed:

@Sccit @ALonelyDad @Trojan 24 breh is an “actual laker fan” :bryan:

This is the new LeGBT Lord :mjlol:

You know you got a dude on the ropes when he running for help, hiding that hurt behind smilies

:umad:

Last edited:

GreatestLaker

#FirePelinka
Bushed
Daps
Haha.

Bruh, you got the wrong idea.

I couldn't give less than a fukk what you guys think or say about me or my posts. What I was saying is that you guys immediately defaulted to "fakkit" and other meaningless insults in order to deflect and avoid engaging with my points.

I deal with trolls on a daily basis, fam. The insults don't phase me. The point was, engage with the points I'm making, because you and others aren't (and I think it's because you can't). Y'all just trying to get jokes and insults off, and that's why nikkas come in here mad that we're actually typing messages with real content on a message board.

Kobe was 2 years removed from a championship season, a playoff/championship run where he put up 29/6/6. His playoff run the year he lost to the Thunder was 30/5/4. In other words, Kobe was the same Kobe from his Championship run in 2010, the age argument does not hold up.

Kobe averaged 31/5/4 with 2 steals a game vs the Thunder. Miss me with the age jazz.

As I just showed above, you are misremembering that series or you're making things up, hoping that I didn't watch that series or don't remember it. Kobe averaged 31 points a game vs OKC. He struggled from THREE, that's it. Kobe has never been an efficient player.

LMAO.

You, like other Kobe stans, ALWAYS downplay the help Kobe had, and you're doing this by only listing Gasol. Kobe got 10 or more points from three other players.

Gasol, Bynum and Artest combined for 39.2 PPG. Let's stop acting like Kobe didn't have help-- he absolutely did. The Heat were a stronger team, but you don't have to lie to prove that point.

This is just ignorant of the facts, and borderline lying.

First of all, the Thunder had a BIG FOUR. You're leaving out Ibaka. Those four players averaged more points than the Heat's so-called "big three". OKC's big four combined for 77 PPG-- Miami's so-called big three combined for 65 PPG. Even if you want to take off Ibaka's (SEVEN) points, OKC's big three averaged 70 PPG vs the Heat in the Finals.

Durant/Harden/Westbrook > LeBron/Wade/Bosh

If Miami had a "big three" then OKC had a big three and a half. Calling them babies is nonsensical, and only done because you want to downplay LeBron's title victory on them. This is a Skip Bayless level take.
Nah, that wasn't the same Kobe from the championship run. Not even close to it. That okc series was one of the worst playoff series Kobe ever had. His stats for that series only look decent because of the last game where he dropped 42 on 55%. His first 5 games of that series he shot 38% from the field.

Roger king

Superstar
Daps
Steph curry was a unanimous MVP and choked a 3-1 lead while having the best record in the history of the league, I'm sorry i cant overlook that, winning one ring will not wash that away, he has never been the best player on a championship winning team as well. Curry competition is magic not lebron. 2016 finals will dominate this ''era'' as still arguable the greatest final series in the modern era and lebron dominated him in every facet of the game. its not even a close one

Th3Birdman

Rookie of The Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Nah, that wasn't the same Kobe from the championship run. Not even close to it. That okc series was one of the worst playoff series Kobe ever had. His stats for that series only look decent because of the last game where he dropped 42 on 55%. His first 5 games of that series he shot 38% from the field.

Y'all really in here acting like history wasn't recorded...:gucci:

First of all, there were ONLY 5 games in that series-- you meant first 4 games of that series. Thunder got them boys out the paint in a gentlemen's sweep.

Kobe's numbers for that series EXCLUDING Game 5, since you boys want to randomly exclude games for no reason at all:

28.5 PPG 5.2 RPG 4.2 APG through 4 games

Source: 2012 NBA Western Conference Semifinals - Lakers vs. Thunder | Basketball-Reference.com

Kobe's numbers in the playoffs for a career:

25.4 PPG 5.1 RPG 4.7 APG

Source: Kobe Bryant Stats | Basketball-Reference.com

:unimpressed:

Those numbers look RIGHT IN LINE with his career playoff averages. Mind you, Kobe NEVER MADE THE PLAYOFFS AGAIN after the Thunder put him out the playoffs.

As for the silly excuse that Kobe wasn't efficient in the series, Kobe Bean Bryant has NEVER been known as an efficient player. For a career, he has shot below 45% from the field, and 33% from 3 in the playoffs.

So what y'all doing in here is L-Y-I-N-G.