Is Steph winning his fourth Finals putting Lebron Era to the back burner for the 00s

Peruvian Connect

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The most damning evidence that LeBron's Heat/Cavs were nowhere near the same situation as Durant's Warriors is this:

LeBron's most talked about game is the 45 point 15 rebound game vs the Celtics to force game 7 in 2012. LeBron could have AVERAGED 45 points vs Durant's Warriors in 2017 and STILL potentially lose.

Want proof? Here:

Game 1: Cavs 91 Warriors 113, a 22 point blowout. LeBron scored 28 in that game-- 45 points would mean the Cavs still lose by 5.

Game 2: Cavs 113 Warriors 132, a 19 point blowout. LeBron scored 29 in that game-- 45 points would mean the Cavs still lose by 3.

Game 3: Cavs 113 Warriors 118, a 5 point loss. LeBron scored 39-- 45 points would mean the Cavs win by 1 point. Curry blew a point blank layup in this game.

Game 4: Cavs won.

Game 5: Cavs 120 Warriors 129, a 9 point loss. LeBron scored 41-- 45 points would mean the Cavs still lose by 5

I think it's clear to see that nobody was beating this Warriors team in a seven game series. Only reason they lost vs the Raps was because of injuries to Klay and Durant. Anybody claming the Warriors wasn't easy mode isn't a basketball fan. They only wanted LeBron to lose. I'd respect this position if these dudes were man enough to admit that, but they're too chickenshyt to say what they really feel.

Reminds me of how the KKK hate being called racists. It's like, bruh, that's what you are, why are you so scared to be labeled what you clearly are? :russ:
But it's not as simple as just adding points. Because if you want to take that route you can say if LeBron played up to his "goat" status in year one, the GS dynasty would've never been born

Th3Birdman

Rookie of The Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
But it's not as simple as just adding points. Because if you want to take that route you can say if LeBron played up to his "goat" status in year one, the GS dynasty would've never been born

Bruh, who are you talking to???

I haven't made a single post calling LeBron the "goat", and have in fact made multiple stating Jordan is the goat, IN THIS VERY THREAD.

If you're going to quote me, at least be educated on my position.

Anyway, you're making MY argument for me-- that it's not just as simple as adding points. I literally make the case that adding points would still result in a LOSS.

Hello? Did you even read what you quoted me on??? :dahell:

Peruvian Connect

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Bruh, who are you talking to???

I haven't made a single post calling LeBron the "goat", and have in fact made multiple stating Jordan is the goat, IN THIS VERY THREAD.

If you're going to quote me, at least be educated on my position.

Anyway, you're making MY argument for me-- that it's not just as simple as adding points. I literally make the case that adding points would still result in a LOSS.

Hello? Did you even read what you quoted me on??? :dahell:
And you are? If it don't apply let it fly. Goofy ass nikka.

Th3Birdman

Rookie of The Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
And you are? If it don't apply let it fly. Goofy ass nikka.

I’m the nikka YOU quoted stupid :skip:

How you gonna quote me, make a (dumb) statement in response to my post, and then say “if it don’t apply let it fly”?

Nikka you just asked me to let you win with a stupid statement because you can’t read past jr high level.

Some of you nikkas got brains that were stenciled on papyrus with a number 1 pencil.

Blurneed

Pro
Daps
A 4th ring for Curry won't put "Bron era" to the back burner but it should be noted that he changed the game and is the greatest at the most important skill in basketball and thats shooting.

What makes that more impressive is that literally every single player in the league has a fair shot of being the best shooter. Not everybody can dunk, not everybody can chase down block and not everybody is a physical specimen BUT every NBA player technically has the free will to shoot the basketball and Curry is the greatest. Add to the fact that because of that gift,, he has become the centerpiece of one of the greatest runs in league history with the Warriors.

I'm not gonna get into who is greater All-time and while most people will say Lebron at this moment, I'm more impressed with Curry than I am Lebron for what he was able to accomplish esp at his size.

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Imagine dyckriding a poster because he likes Lebron :mjlol:
Absolutely not.

But what we're not going to do is use the Warriors' Finals record against LeBron as an argument in favor of Curry. What happened, happened, but at the same time, it is disingenuous to ignore context to push a narrative, that narrative being Curry is 3-1 vs LeBron, therefore x,y,z.

You know what that context is, stop being obtuse: LeBron faced the Warriors by himself first series, won the second series when he had his guys, lost twice to the strongest team in the history of the league. How are you holding those against LeBron in any way? LeBron had to go God Mode vs the CELTICS to keep them alive in 2012-- even those 45 points wouldn't have helped against that Warriors team

If we're keeping it all the way funky, Curry and the Warriors really faced LeBron's squad on equal terms ONCE, and they LOST. The ONLY reason you nikkas is in here cappin is because it makes LeBron "look bad". Durant's Warriors vs the Cavs was like pitting an NBA team vs the best jr. high squad. LeBron is goated, but he ain't that goated.

Fukking STOP.

1. Bosh WAS NOT A SUPERSTAR. This nikka averaged 11.9 points in the 2013 series vs the Spurs and that series went 7 games. The very next series, he averaged 15 PPG, and they LOST. Those are not superstar numbers, miss me with this bullshyt.

For reference-- you nikkas claim Draymond Green is not a superstar, except he averaged 15.4 PPG in the playoffs in 2016-- that's more than Bosh did in the Finals. If Dray is not a superstar, Bosh is not one either. Cooked.

2. As "crazy" as this sounds, Wade was not a superstar player either. I'll give you 2011 and 2012, but in 2013 and 2014, Wade was broken down and a shell of himself. Wade averaged 19 PPG in the Finals in 2013, 16 PPG for the entire playoffs. THOSE ARE NOT SUPERSTAR NUMBERS. The very next year, Wade averaged 15 PPG in the 2014 Finals, 18 PPG in the playoffs overall. Again, these are not superstar numbers.

3. The Thunder were fukking favored to win the series vs the Heat. That was a team that had Durant, Westbrook, Harden and Ibaka, and they SWEPT the defending champion Mavs, beat the dog shyt out of Kobe's Lakers in 5, and beat the Spurs in 6. This tired narrative that those Thunder were "babies" doesn't hold up to scrutiny, when they were trashing the previous, current and next NBA champions, IN ORDER.

4. San Antonio were a far better constructed and coached team and they wiped the floor with the Heat in 2014.

You have no idea what you're talking about.

Again, you're being disingenuous. Miami and Cleveland were top heavy, and as I just proved, even that top was flimsy. The only constant on those teams was LeBron James-- he is the only consistent player on any of those teams, whether that was being a 30 PPG scorer in the playoffs or just remaining healthy. Every single other teammate has either underperformed or been unavailable.

The Warriors before Durant were excellently constructed as well as excellently coached. They had no deficiency, as all their guys were available, and they had a reliable bench as well as three great players-- Steph is Steph, Klay is just as good as Steph but a better defender, and Dray is the ultimate glue guy. Then you add the second best player in the NBA to this team; how the FUKK do you see this as the same situation with the Heat and the Cavs?

Oh, because you're a fukking liar. That, or you haven't a Blue's Clue what the fukk you're talking about, and should probably sit this one out.

:camby:

Nikka STFU with your excuses and whiny bytchmade rebuttals.

LeBron is supposed to be the Greatest of All Time……..the Absolute Best…….and he played with nothing but superstars and former all stars since 2010.

If the absolute best of all time + other all star players are not favored to win, then the math is wrong somewhere. He must not be the absolute best :childplease: The 12 Thunder were babies, 13-14 San Antonio was old and the 2020 Heat were a Cinderella team. Imagine Jordan and the 90s Bulls ever saying those three teams were better. That’s why Jordan is the GOAT. Once Pippen stepped up, the Bulls were always the favorites every time, because a real true GOAT and his team is gonna be the dominant squad as long as he has help….which LeBron has had.

That’s why y’all corny and wack.

Stack the deck with superteams, try to undersell how good y’all are so if y’all lose, y’all can pretend it was a long shot anyway but if y’all win, y’all can pretend the nikka climbed Mt. Everest.

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
A 4th ring for Curry won't put "Bron era" to the back burner but it should be noted that he changed the game and is the greatest at the most important skill in basketball and thats shooting.

What makes that more impressive is that literally every single player in the league has a fair shot of being the best shooter. Not everybody can dunk, not everybody can chase down block and not everybody is a physical specimen BUT every NBA player technically has the free will to shoot the basketball and Curry is the greatest. Add to the fact that because of that gift,, he has become the centerpiece of one of the greatest runs in league history with the Warriors.

I'm not gonna get into who is greater All-time and while most people will say Lebron at this moment, I'm more impressed with Curry than I am Lebron for what he was able to accomplish esp at his size.

Good response bro. Add to the fact Steph looks like the average everyday man makes his appeal even greater.

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
And before your lame ass say it @Th3Birdman IDC if Vegas had the Thunder winning. Them nikkas were all 22-23 years old and nobody that’s being honest thinks Westbrook, Durant and a bench player era Harden were better than LeBron (the supposed GOAT and best player of all time), Wade and Bosh.

Blurneed

Pro
Daps
Good response bro. Add to the fact Steph looks like the average everyday man makes his appeal even greater.
That's why I'm more impressed with Steph than LeBron. Outside of how we historically rank players which rely more on stats , a part of me kinda judges players by weight class on some pound for pound Boxing shyt and just off that criteria I can say Curry prolly maximized his skills and abilities more than LeBron.

Sccit

LA'S MOST BLUNTED
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LOS818ANGELES
Nah I don't fuk with "fake white boys" I deal with them on a daily basis at work.

Based on your response you're basically one of those. If you immediately are calling for backup based on a civil conversation then rattle on about some sort of ban then nahh you just like them shady ass white boys

Some of these other people may not know how white boys operate, but I deal with them on a daily basis at work.. and it's exhausting.

NICE TRY CAC … NOT WHITE, BUT OBVIOUSLY U ARE. AND CLEARLY AN ALIAS OF AN OLD USER. THE MORE U POST THE MORE U GUNA DIG YOUR HOLE HERE. I SUGGEST U FALL BACK.

Sccit

LA'S MOST BLUNTED
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LOS818ANGELES
Y’all know damned well you’re being disingenuous with posts like these.

LeBron had to go up against the Warriors without Love and Kyrie.

Then, Kevin Durant broke the league by joining the best team in the NBA. There are real conversations about whether a Prime Jordan and the Bulls could face that team— how are you counting this against LeBron when real pundits think that Warriors team would have smacked the 72 win Bulls???

The Warriors couldn’t beat a healthy Cavs squad sans Durant. LeBron took them to 6 games by himself in 2015, beat them in 2016, and faced the strongest team in the history of the league.

This is a horseshyt argument and you know it. :stopitslime:

LEEXCUSES

Sccit

LA'S MOST BLUNTED
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LOS818ANGELES
@Rhakim I admire your dedication in trying to make sound arguments with people who are...frankly...intellectually beneath you.
It's not that people disagree. It's that the basis for many people's arguments on this board are objectively terrible. There's a pathetic circle jerk among a handful of posters on this forum and I think you'd be better off ignoring them. On the other hand, a lot of us do get a certain level of enjoyment seeing morons get pwned.

So...cheers.

:cheers:

YO U GOT SOME SKEET DRIPPIN OUT THE SIDE OF UR LIP HOMIE… CHILL

Sccit

LA'S MOST BLUNTED
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LOS818ANGELES
@Th3Birdman, I went back to the thread and counted the actual nominations:

Nomination round:
* Gil-Scott Heroin - 20+ nominations (lost count after a while)
* Darealtwo1 - 8 nominations
Johnedwarduado - 7 nominations
Sccit - 5 nominations
Swagnificient - 4 nominations
* Rhakim - 4 nominations

* = Chicago's picks for the final vote, using a special tally whose actual results only @CHICAGO knows because he never showed them to anyone else. @CHICAGO still has never explained why he only chose 3 people for the ballot (ones he has personal hatred of and badly wanted to see get a WOAT vote) while leaving off other obvious candidates with similar nomination levels. For some reason @CHICAGO left Johnedwarduado off even though he got almost as many nominations as Darealtwo1. Left Sccit and Swagnificent off even though they got just as many or more nominations than I did. THAT was the tally that @CHICAGO used to justify putting me as just one of 3 guys on the final ballot, and justified @Sccit lying on me and claiming I finished 2nd in WOAT voting. Four fukking dumbasses nominating me for WOAT and just 5% of the final vote going to me.

LMAO LOOK AT HOW SERIOUS THIS MUFUCCA TAKES THIS SHIIT

U CAN TELL HE HAS ZERO SOCIAL LIFE OUTSIDE OF THESE FORUMS

:dead: