Is Steph winning his fourth Finals putting Lebron Era to the back burner for the 00s

Sccit

LA'S MOST BLUNTED
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LOS818ANGELES
This thread or the entire Coli-- which is bigger? 🤡

I can see that you're an awful poster. Slurping? Fam, you nor your butt buddies have debunked anything I've said, instead opting to whine that I even exist at all. I see that my mere existence has made you boys uncomfortable. The reason you're mad is because you have nothing to add, besides complaining that there are more opponents for you to face.
Me? I relish the opportunity to debunk you nikkas, so the more the merrier. Imagine a real nikka complaining that there are more opps :umad:

WHAT DO U WANT DEBUNKED?

HOLLA AT ME AND ILL DO IT WIT THE QUICKNESS

Th3Birdman

Rookie of The Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
WHAT DO U WANT DEBUNKED?

HOLLA AT ME AND ILL DO IT WIT THE QUICKNESS

So you’re admitting you’re a butt buddy? :sas1:

But in all seriousness, anything I’ve said here.

I’m open to being proven wrong but if you could have, you’d have done it already.

This thread is about Curry vs LeBron. My main points have been that Curry hasn’t faced the same level of adversity as LeBron.

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WHODEY/BIGBLUE/SNOWGANG/MIDNIGHTBOYZ
A 4th ring for Curry won't put "Bron era" to the back burner but it should be noted that he changed the game and is the greatest at the most important skill in basketball and thats shooting.

What makes that more impressive is that literally every single player in the league has a fair shot of being the best shooter. Not everybody can dunk, not everybody can chase down block and not everybody is a physical specimen BUT every NBA player technically has the free will to shoot the basketball and Curry is the greatest. Add to the fact that because of that gift,, he has become the centerpiece of one of the greatest runs in league history with the Warriors.

I'm not gonna get into who is greater All-time and while most people will say Lebron at this moment, I'm more impressed with Curry than I am Lebron for what he was able to accomplish esp at his size.
Yeah and he hasn’t shown that skill yet in any of the championships his team has won. You can hype up him being the greatest shooter of all time but that’s literally translated to 0 FMVPs out of 3 rings. He has zero dominant Finals moments despite being on the winning team for 12 Finals games. Get all the way the fukk outta here dawg.

Th3Birdman

Rookie of The Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
SEE WHAT IM SAYIN? .. WE DONT EVEN GOTA SAY NOTHIN. HE DOES IT TO HIMSELF.

@Th3Birdman

I disagree with Rhakim on this point but I’m at least willing to see his argument and consider the points. That’s because I respect dude and I know he kicks knowledge. He might have something I haven’t yet considered and will be able to change my mind.

I feel like I’ve earned your respect at this point. I’m willing to bet that even though you disagree with me, you will at least hear what I have to say on certain topics and consider them. You already said you don’t fukk with me on basketball and, hey, respect. I don’t need you to. But I’m reading what you say and considering it carefully :yeshrug:

You and Rhakim got old smoke. I get it :hubie:

Sccit

LA'S MOST BLUNTED
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LOS818ANGELES
So you’re admitting you’re a butt buddy? :sas1:

But in all seriousness, anything I’ve said here.

I’m open to being proven wrong but if you could have, you’d have done it already.

This thread is about Curry vs LeBron. My main points have been that Curry hasn’t faced the same level of adversity as LeBron.

YOURE JOKING, RIGHT?

THE GUY WHO SPENT HIS ENTIRE CAREER GETTING CAKEWALKS TO THE FINALS BECAUSE HE PLAYED IN A HISTORICALLY WEAK EASTERN CONFERENCE FACED MORE ADVERSITY? LMFAOOO

IF BRON WAS PLAYIN OUT WEST DURIN THE YEARS GS WAS MAKIN FINALS, HE WOULDVE BEEN BOUNCED IN THE 1ST OR 2ND ROUND AT BEST

BRON IS JUST LUCKY THE NBA DECIDED TO SUSPEND DRAYMOND IN 2016, BECAUSE HE WOULD REALISTICALLY BE 0-4 AGAINST HIM.

MOST OVERRATED ATHLETE IN THE HISTORY OF SPORTS. THE FACT THAT YOURE FROM LA AND HAVE HIM OVER KOBE MAKES ME SICK. I MEAN, YOURE NOT AS BAD AS @Rhakim .. HES FROM LA ANS GREW UP HATING KOBE/ROOTING FOR THE BLAZERS & LEBRON.. HE ONLY BECAME A LAKER FAN IN 2018 WHEN BRON SIGNED.. THATS WHY I ASKED U.

Sccit

LA'S MOST BLUNTED
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LOS818ANGELES
I disagree with Rhakim on this point but I’m at least willing to see his argument and consider the points. That’s because I respect dude and I know he kicks knowledge. He might have something I haven’t yet considered and will be able to change my mind.

I feel like I’ve earned your respect at this point. I’m willing to bet that even though you disagree with me, you will at least hear what I have to say on certain topics and consider them. You already said you don’t fukk with me on basketball and, hey, respect. I don’t need you to. But I’m reading what you say and considering it carefully :yeshrug:

You and Rhakim got old smoke. I get it :hubie:

HE HAS NOTHING OUTSIDE OF THE FACT THAT HE HATES KOBE WIT A PASSION

HE WILL TRY TO CRAFT INTELLIGENT SOUNDING ARGUMENTS TO DOWNPLAY KOBE AND PROP UP ANYONE WHO IS SEEN AS KOBE’S COMPETITOR.. IDIOTS+CATS WHO HAVE A SIMILAR LEVEL OF HATRED FOR KOBE FALL FOR IT.. BUT REAL ONES SEE RIGHT THROUGH IT.

YOURE RIGHT. I DONT FUX WIT YOUR BASKETBALL TAKES.. BUT AT THE SAME TIME, U DONT STRIKE ME AS A FLAT OUT MORON. MORE SO SOME1 WHO SPENT HIS LIFE ADHERING TO MEDIA NARRATIVES. THAT I CAN WORK WIT.

Th3Birdman

Rookie of The Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Nikka STFU with your excuses and whiny bytchmade rebuttals.

LeBron is supposed to be the Greatest of All Time……..the Absolute Best…….and he played with nothing but superstars and former all stars since 2010.

If the absolute best of all time + other all star players are not favored to win, then the math is wrong somewhere. He must not be the absolute best :childplease: The 12 Thunder were babies, 13-14 San Antonio was old and the 2020 Heat were a Cinderella team. Imagine Jordan and the 90s Bulls ever saying those three teams were better. That’s why Jordan is the GOAT. Once Pippen stepped up, the Bulls were always the favorites every time, because a real true GOAT and his team is gonna be the dominant squad as long as he has help….which LeBron has had.

That’s why y’all corny and wack.

Stack the deck with superteams, try to undersell how good y’all are so if y’all lose, y’all can pretend it was a long shot anyway but if y’all win, y’all can pretend the nikka climbed Mt. Everest.

All this emotion only tells me that I got yo ass.

Fact: That same Thunder team bodied the defending champion Mavs, previous champion Lakers and soon-to-be champion Spurs.

Fact: that “old” Spurs team had an average age of 28.9, YOUNGER than the Heat, who were the second oldest team at 30.6

Fact: I’ve not once stated LeBron is the “greatest of all time”, and in fact said Jordan was. You nikkas see any LeBron fan and assume that’s what they think.

Fact: LeBron’s teammates were not superstars outside of 2011/2012 Wade, 2016 Irving and 2020 AD.

Define superstar for me real quick.

Th3Birdman

Rookie of The Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
YOURE JOKING, RIGHT?

THE GUY WHO SPENT HIS ENTIRE CAREER GETTING CAKEWALKS TO THE FINALS BECAUSE HE PLAYED IN A HISTORICALLY WEAK EASTERN CONFERENCE FACED MORE ADVERSITY? LMFAOOO

IF BRON WAS PLAYIN OUT WEST DURIN THE YEARS GS WAS MAKIN FINALS, HE WOULDVE BEEN BOUNCED IN THE 1ST OR 2ND ROUND AT BEST

BRON IS JUST LUCKY THE NBA DECIDED TO SUSPEND DRAYMOND IN 2016, BECAUSE HE WOULD REALISTICALLY BE 0-4 AGAINST HIM.

MOST OVERRATED ATHLETE IN THE HISTORY OF SPORTS. THE FACT THAT YOURE FROM LA AND HAVE HIM OVER KOBE MAKES ME SICK. I MEAN, YOURE NOT AS BAD AS @Rhakim .. HES FROM LA ANS GREW UP HATING KOBE/ROOTING FOR THE BLAZERS & LEBRON.. HE ONLY BECAME A LAKER FAN IN 2018 WHEN BRON SIGNED.. THATS WHY I ASKED U.

To me, you sound too much of a homer to be taken seriously. That you’re upset I’m from LA and rank LeBron over Kobe tells me that you want me to allow biases to rule over facts.

I’m sorry, but LeBron is the better player.

The stats say it, the head to heads say it, the hardware says it (although Nash stole an MVP from Kobe 100%).

I want to ask you something. What makes Kobe better than LeBron? Kobe’s job was to score, except LeBron does that better. He has better clutch numbers. He has better shooting percentages. He’s always been the best player on his team, never rivaled by the so-called “superstars” on his team.

Explain to me, in your words why Kobe is better?

Also I want your top ten. You have mine.

Sccit

LA'S MOST BLUNTED
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LOS818ANGELES
To me, you sound too much of a homer to be taken seriously. That you’re upset I’m from LA and rank LeBron over Kobe tells me that you want me to allow biases to rule over facts.

I’m sorry, but LeBron is the better player.

The stats say it, the head to heads say it, the hardware says it (although Nash stole an MVP from Kobe 100%).

I want to ask you something. What makes Kobe better than LeBron? Kobe’s job was to score, except LeBron does that better. He has better clutch numbers. He has better shooting percentages. He’s always been the best player on his team, never rivaled by the so-called “superstars” on his team.

Explain to me, in your words why Kobe is better?

Also I want your top ten. You have mine.

NAAH NOTHIN TO DO WIT HOMER, MOST THE CATS WHO RANK KOBE>BRON ON THIS FORUM AINT EVEN FROM LA….ITS JUST SAD BECAUSE ANYONE WHO WATCHED KOBE PLAY AS CLOSE AS WEVE HAD THE OPPORTUNITY TO KNOWS THAT KOBE HAD THAT EXTRA SOMETHING LEBRON BEEN MISSIN SINCE DAY ONE. LIKE THERES LITERALLY NO WAY U CAN CONVINCE ME THAT KOBE WOULDNT HAVE WENT 4/4 PLAYING WIT WADE N BOSH.. AND ON THE FLIPSIDE, NO WAY U CAN CONVINCE ME LEBRON HAS WHAT IT TAKES TO WIN WIT PAU AS A SECOND OPTION.. IM SORRY BRUH, U JUST SEEM LIKE UV WATCHED ONE TOO MANY ESPN SEGMENTS.

THE FACT THAT YOURE USING NUMBERS IS SAD.. ITS THE GO TO FOR ALL CASUALS .. 2015 STEPH CURRY PUT UP BETTER NUMBERS THAN PRIME MJ. DOES THAT MAKE HIM BETTER?

WE ALL KNOW LEBRON PLAYS FOR STATS FIRST, WINNING SECOND. ITS WHY HE NEVER OPTED TO PLAY WITHIN A REAL SYSTEM ALA KOBE WIT THE TRIANGLE. LEBRON WOULD NEVER SACRIFICE HIS INDIVIDUAL LEGACY BY PLAYING EQUAL OPPORTUNITY BASKETBALL AT THE CHANCE TO WIN MORE RINGS.

THESE IDEOLOGIES U PUSH ARE THE MAKINGS OF A CASUAL, MY FRIEND. THE FACT THAT U ACTUALLY THINK LEBRON IS A BETTER SCORER THAN KOBE IS HILARIOUSLY SAD. KOBE WOULD AVERAGE 40+ WHILE PLAYERS LIKE PAU AND ODOM WOULD LOOK LIKE SCRUBS HAD KOBE PLAYED THE BRAND OF BASKETBALL LEBRON IS KNOWN FOR. ANY TRUE HEAD RECOGNIZES THIS. ITS WHY MOST PLAYERS HAVE SAID THEMSELVES THAT KOBE IS HANDS DOWN BETTER, WHILE LEBRON IS THE MEDIAS CHOICE. HAVE U NOT SEEN MY FAMOUS LISTS THAT USED TO CIRCULATE THESE FORUMS?

Th3Birdman

Rookie of The Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
NAAH NOTHIN TO DO WIT HOMER, MOST THE CATS WHO RANK KOBE>BRON ON THIS FORUM AINT EVEN FROM LA….ITS JUST SAD BECAUSE ANYONE WHO WATCHED KOBE PLAY AS CLOSE AS WEVE HAD THE OPPORTUNITY TO KNOWS THAT KOBE HAD THAT EXTRA SOMETHING LEBRON BEEN MISSIN SINCE DAY ONE. LIKE THERES LITERALLY NO WAY U CAN CONVINCE ME THAT KOBE WOULDNT HAVE WENT 4/4 PLAYING WIT WADE N BOSH.. AND ON THE FLIPSIDE, NO WAY U CAN CONVINCE ME LEBRON HAS WHAT IT TAKES TO WIN WIT PAU AS A SECOND OPTION.. IM SORRY BRUH, U JUST SEEM LIKE UV WATCHED ONE TOO MANY ESPN SEGMENTS.

THE FACT THAT YOURE USING NUMBERS IS SAD.. ITS THE GO TO FOR ALL CASUALS .. 2015 STEPH CURRY PUT UP BETTER NUMBERS THAN PRIME MJ. DOES THAT MAKE HIM BETTER?

WE ALL KNOW LEBRON PLAYS FOR STATS FIRST, WINNING SECOND. ITS WHY HE NEVER OPTED TO PLAY WITHIN A REAL SYSTEM ALA KOBE WIT THE TRIANGLE. LEBRON WOULD NEVER SACRIFICE HIS INDIVIDUAL LEGACY BY PLAYING EQUAL OPPORTUNITY BASKETBALL AT THE CHANCE TO WIN MORE RINGS.

THESE IDEOLOGIES U PUSH ARE THE MAKINGS OF A CASUAL, MY FRIEND. THE FACT THAT U ACTUALLY THINK LEBRON IS A BETTER SCORER THAN KOBE IS HILARIOUSLY SAD. KOBE WOULD AVERAGE 40+ WHILE PLAYERS LIKE PAU AND ODOM WOULD LOOK LIKE SCRUBS HAD KOBE PLAYED THE BRAND OF BASKETBALL LEBRON IS KNOWN FOR. ANY TRUE HEAD RECOGNIZES THIS. ITS WHY MOST PLAYERS HAVE SAID THEMSELVES THAT KOBE IS HANDS DOWN BETTER, WHILE LEBRON IS THE MEDIAS CHOICE. HAVE U NOT SEEN MY FAMOUS LISTS THAT USED TO CIRCULATE THESE FORUMS?

Come on dude, cut out the superlatives and ad homs and just talk to me bruh.

I feel like I’ve shown I’m reasonable.

Heres the thing— everything you’ve said isn’t qualitative. There is nothing to point to to back up what it is you’re saying. It’s like that one dude telling everyone on Facebook how they do nilkas dirty at 24 hour fitness— nothing but talk. I watched Kobe in REAL TIME. I know that dude’s game was butter on freshly laid eggs. You talking to a Laker fan.

But I also watched every game LeBron played. LeBron was simply a different level. He could do anything Kobe did but also got his teammates involved, something I loved as a former basketball player. He also had the numbers to back up that eye test. He earned awards Kobe didn’t. He beat Kobe head to head.

I just don’t understand what you want? What is the end goal?

Are you mad at the world that they consider him ranked higher than Kobe?

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
All this emotion only tells me that I got yo ass.

Fact: That same Thunder team bodied the defending champion Mavs, previous champion Lakers and soon-to-be champion Spurs.

Fact: that “old” Spurs team had an average age of 28.9, YOUNGER than the Heat, who were the second oldest team at 30.6

Fact: I’ve not once stated LeBron is the “greatest of all time”, and in fact said Jordan was. You nikkas see any LeBron fan and assume that’s what they think.

Fact: LeBron’s teammates were not superstars outside of 2011/2012 Wade, 2016 Irving and 2020 AD.

Define superstar for me real quick.

No emotion breh. I think yall Bron stans are stupid. So when I say you, I'm speaking to yall as a collective.

Yall call him the GOAT then have a thousand excuses and deflections and narratives. Bron Stans can't even see how ridiculous yall sound calling someone the best of all time then trying to credibly argue that 23 year old players that were 3 year vets at that point were a huge challenge.

Lebron is a top 2/top 3 player of all time....right? That's what yall are saying, right? That qualifies as a superstar :stopitslime:

Dwayne Wade won a ring by himself...right? Generally considered #3 SG of all time. That's a superstar :stopitslime:

Chris Bosh was at least a top 20 player in the league...right? That's at least fringe all star caliber :stopitslime:

How much help does that corny ass nikka need? Talking about the odds were against him beating the Thunder and Spurs. FOH :camby: If Jordan was paired with Bosh and Wade, wouldn't nobody be saying the odds were stacked against him. The league would be busy investigating Jordan's team for tampering because him and Wade on the same team wouldn't have been fair:stopitslime:

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah and he hasn’t shown that skill yet in any of the championships his team has won. You can hype up him being the greatest shooter of all time but that’s literally translated to 0 FMVPs out of 3 rings. He has zero dominant Finals moments despite being on the winning team for 12 Finals games. Get all the way the fukk outta here dawg.

Steph not getting the Finals MVP in 2015 was political. He averaged 26ppg 5 reb 6 ast on 44% shooting. Iguodala averaged 16ppg 6 reb 4 ast on 52% shooting. It was their way of sh*tting on Steph. In contrast, when Kawhi won his, he actually had better stats than everyone else.

Th3Birdman

Rookie of The Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
No emotion breh. I think yall Bron stans are stupid. So when I say you, I'm speaking to yall as a collective.

Yall call him the GOAT then have a thousand excuses and deflections and narratives. Bron Stans can't even see how ridiculous yall sound calling someone the best of all time then trying to credibly argue that 23 year old players that were 3 year vets at that point were a huge challenge.

Lebron is a top 2/top 3 player of all time....right? That's what yall are saying, right? That qualifies as a superstar :stopitslime:

Dwayne Wade won a ring by himself...right? Generally considered #3 SG of all time. That's a superstar :stopitslime:

Chris Bosh was at least a top 20 player in the league...right? That's at least fringe all star caliber :stopitslime:

How much help does that corny ass nikka need? Talking about the odds were against him beating the Thunder and Spurs. FOH :camby: If Jordan was paired with Bosh and Wade, wouldn't nobody be saying the odds were stacked against him. The league would be busy investigating Jordan's team for tampering because him and Wade on the same team wouldn't have been fair:stopitslime:

Fair enough— you’re talking about unreasonable LeBron stans.

I’m not a “stan”, I’m a fan. Read the things I’ve said here:

I’m a Laker fan but I don’t think Kobe is better than LeBron

I’m a LeBron fan but I don’t think he’s the GOAT

My second favorite player of all time is Mike Bibby, a thorn in the Lakers’ side for years.

I don’t liked being lumped. I want yall to talk to ME just like I’m talking to you. First thing you dudes called me was a “fakkit” because you’re fighting stan ghosts when I’m the one that was standing in front of you.

Anyway, your definition of a superstar is a legacy one— because of what they did in the past. That’s the definition of a participation award— Wade wasn’t a superstar for 50% of the time he played with Bron on the Heat. Love, Bosh, Westbrook, Kyrie and AD don’t fit your definition of superstar because they were ALLLLLLL perinneal losers before they cliqued up with Bron.

My definition is based upon play at that time. You average 25 or more, scoring multiple 30-40 point games in a series, that’s a superstar. Consistency in the moment.

Are you a Laker fan? Kobe fan/stan?

Why is it then, that the Thunder were babies vs LeBron, but not vs the Lakers in 2012? What do you make of that series?

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
And before your lame ass say it @Th3Birdman IDC if Vegas had the Thunder winning. Them nikkas were all 22-23 years old and nobody that’s being honest thinks Westbrook, Durant and a bench player era Harden were better than LeBron (the supposed GOAT and best player of all time), Wade and Bosh.

Wait, "nobody that's being honest" thought that and yet the majority of folk in Vegas put their money on it. That.....sounds a bit contradictory there.

Thunder were in their third straight postseason together and had gone to the WCF the year before. They had just swept the defending champ Mavs, brutalized the Kobe-Pau-Bynum Lakers in 5, and taken out the veteran Spurs who were about to go to back-to-back Finals. I mean in that run they beat every WCF winner from 1999-2014 and they only lost 3 games combined in the process. Thunder had an MVP candidate, two top All-NBA guys and could have had a 3rd if he got more volume, a DPOY candidate and a solid supporting cast.

12-3 against the Mavs, Lakers, and Spurs, yet you're talking shyt about their age.

Durant - 1st-team All-NBA, 2nd in MVP voting
LeBron - 1st-team All-NBA, 1st in MVP voting

Westbrook - 2nd-team All-NBA
Wade - 3rd-team All-NBA

Harden - 6th Man of the Year, put up an efficient 17-4-4 and was a 26-6-6 guy when he got his own team 4 months later
Chalmers - A 10-3-3 guy who was just kinda there to get yelled at and occasionally hit a three

Ibaka - Led NBA in blocks, barely lost DPOY in one of the closest votes ever
Bosh - All-Star but had missed half the playoffs, was playing hurt and didn't even start the first game of the series

Perkins - One of the top post defenders in the game but couldn't score
Haslem - Banger who occasionally hit a midrange jumper

Thabo - Excellent perimeter defenders who hit 44% of his threes that year (on low volume)
Battier - A solid but aging defender who hit 34% of his threes that year

Nick Collison - Mediocre backup center there to get rebounds
Joel Anthony - Possibly the worst basketball player to ever start in an NBA Finals

Fisher - Experienced vet there for leadership but not doing much on the court
Cole - Borderline G-league player there for the ride

Westbrook was seen as better than Wade at that point in their careers. Harden was clearly a mile better than Chalmers. Ibaka was seen as potentially as good as an injured Bosh who had only played 74 minutes total in the previous series. The rest of the role players were a wash. The Heat's only advantages were that their stars were more experienced and LeBron was better than KD.