Is Steph winning his fourth Finals putting Lebron Era to the back burner for the 00s

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps
Just so we're keeping score here:

> I post multiple pictures of myself rocking Lakers gear, including Kobe paraphernalia dated far older than my join date on this site
> Post my personal FB with me touting Kobe Bryant back in 2009
> I troll Kobe stans in a video

>This equates to "fake fandom" in Kobe stans eyes.

And you wonder why I clown you dudes.

My thing is this-- I love the Lakers more than I love Kobe. I am a fan of the team, not one player. I've criticized every player that has ever played for the purp and gold since I've watched ball, and that include LeBron. Difference is, when I criticize LeBron, I get crickets, and people agreeing with me. Kobe stans can't take it :manny:

Apparently this fake too:

:stopitslime:

You became a fan in 2018. Your quotes and photoshops from 2009 do not move me.

And as for that essay

fetchimage

Th3Birdman

Rookie of The Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
You became a fan in 2018. Your quotes and photoshops from 2009 do not move me.

And as for that essay

fetchimage

Discussions on message boards ain't only for the nikkas arguing-- it's for the audience reading. All you're doing is losing respect in the eyes of the audience for not addressing your fukk up.
You talking out your ass here, calling my jersey "Alibaba" or whatever tf you said and saying my shyt photoshopped :umad:

I'm literally in Tokyo, on my Macbook-- I can't photoshop shyt out here.

Run along now little Kobe stan. You were running from the smoke and I'm sposed to be on ignore, remember? :camby:

Sccit

LA'S MOST BLUNTED
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LOS818ANGELES
Come on dude, cut out the superlatives and ad homs and just talk to me bruh.

I feel like I’ve shown I’m reasonable.

Heres the thing— everything you’ve said isn’t qualitative. There is nothing to point to to back up what it is you’re saying. It’s like that one dude telling everyone on Facebook how they do nilkas dirty at 24 hour fitness— nothing but talk. I watched Kobe in REAL TIME. I know that dude’s game was butter on freshly laid eggs. You talking to a Laker fan.

But I also watched every game LeBron played. LeBron was simply a different level. He could do anything Kobe did but also got his teammates involved, something I loved as a former basketball player. He also had the numbers to back up that eye test. He earned awards Kobe didn’t. He beat Kobe head to head.

I just don’t understand what you want? What is the end goal?

Are you mad at the world that they consider him ranked higher than Kobe?

BRUH U OVER HERE TRYNA QUANTIFY EVERYTHING.. THATS THE PROBLEM. A GAME PREDICATED ON SOUL CANT BE DEFINED SOLELY VIA ITS QUANTITATIVE PROPERTIES.

HOW THE HELL DOES LEBRON DO EVERYTHING BETTER? KOBE HAS BETTER FOOTWORK, BETTER HANDLES, BETTER POSTGAME, BETTER SHOOTER, BETTER COUNTERS.. I CAN GO ON N ON. THEYRE NOT EVEN CLOSE FROM AN OVERALL OFFENSIVE ARSENAL STANDPOINT.

FOR INSTANCE, U OVER HERE TALKIN BOUT LEBRON BEIN A BETTER CLUTCH PLAYER THAN KOBE LMAO.. THE THING IS, BRON’S NUMBERS WILL ALWAYS BE BETTER BECAUSE HE’S SCARED TO TAKE THE DIFFICULT SHOTS. HE ALWAYS PUTS THOSE ON HIS TEAMMATES. KOBE WAS THE OPPOSITE .. HE TOOK ON THE DIFFICULT SHOTS WHILE GETTIN HIS TEAMMATES THE EASY ONES. THATS WHY KOBES TEAMMATES ALWAYS PLAYED BETTER THAN THEY WERE WHILE LEBRONS TEAMMATES ALWAYS SUBSIDE. KOBE’S WIZARDRY GOES FAR BEYOND NUMBERS, AND THATS WHY YOURE LOST.

CASE N POINT

HERE WE SEE KOBE HAD MORE GAME WINNERS IN 1 SEASON THAN BRON DID HIS ENTIRE STINT WIT CLEVELAND

LETS ALSO CONSIDER KOBE HAS HIT HIGHS LEBRON COULD ONLY DREAM OF.. A MONTH AVERAGING 40+ PPG, 62 IN 3 QUARTERS, 81, MOST CONSECUTIVE 50+ POINT GAMES. THESE ARE SCORING HIGHS THAT LEBRON NEVER HAD THE OFFENSIVE ARSENAL TO REACH.

BUT U WANA SIT HERE AND TALK ABOUT NUMBERS.. LOL

SO ONCE AGAIN, WHEN U LOOK AT BASKETBALL IN ITS TOTALITY, WITHOUT TRYING TO QUANTIFY EVERY MEASURE, U WILL SEE THE ENTIRE PICTURE.

LEBRON PLAYS FOR HIS BRAND. HE WAS NEVER WILLING TO SACRIFICE HIS INDIVIDUAL LEGACY TO ELEVATE HIS CHANCES AT WINNING. KOBE IS THE OPPOSITE- FROM THE MOMENT HE CAME IN THE LEAGUE, ALL HE KNEW WAS SACRIFICING HIS OWN NUMBERS FOR THE BETTERMENT OF THE TEAM.

IF U WANA KEEP TALKIN BOUT NUMBERS THO, LETS TALK ABOUT HOW JAMES HARDEN IN HOUSTON WAS A BETTER SCORER THAN MICHAEL JORDAN LOL… U DONT WANA GO THERE. REAL HEADS USE NUMBERS AS PART OF THE EQUATION, NOT THE ENTIRETY OF IT.

Sccit

LA'S MOST BLUNTED
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LOS818ANGELES
I hate that I’m a part of this derail but here’s a bit of extra sauce

Kobe is 6-16 all time against LeBron.

:yeshrug:

AND YET, THE 3 SEASONS WHERE THEIR PRIME OVERLAPPED AND BOTH OF THEM PLAYED ON CONTENDING TEAMS, KOBE MADE THREE STRAIGHT FINALS, WHILE BRON WAS DUCKING HIM BY CHOKING TO THE CELTICS AND MAGIC

:sas2:

Sccit

LA'S MOST BLUNTED
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LOS818ANGELES
No emotion breh. I think yall Bron stans are stupid. So when I say you, I'm speaking to yall as a collective.

Yall call him the GOAT then have a thousand excuses and deflections and narratives. Bron Stans can't even see how ridiculous yall sound calling someone the best of all time then trying to credibly argue that 23 year old players that were 3 year vets at that point were a huge challenge.

Lebron is a top 2/top 3 player of all time....right? That's what yall are saying, right? That qualifies as a superstar :stopitslime:

Dwayne Wade won a ring by himself...right? Generally considered #3 SG of all time. That's a superstar :stopitslime:

Chris Bosh was at least a top 20 player in the league...right? That's at least fringe all star caliber :stopitslime:

How much help does that corny ass nikka need? Talking about the odds were against him beating the Thunder and Spurs. FOH :camby: If Jordan was paired with Bosh and Wade, wouldn't nobody be saying the odds were stacked against him. The league would be busy investigating Jordan's team for tampering because him and Wade on the same team wouldn't have been fair:stopitslime:

FACTS

Osmosis

Superstar
Daps
AND YET, THE 3 SEASONS WHERE THEIR PRIME OVERLAPPED AND BOTH OF THEM PLAYED ON CONTENDING TEAMS, KOBE MADE THREE STRAIGHT FINALS, WHILE BRON WAS DUCKING HIM BY CHOKING TO THE CELTICS AND MAGIC

:sas2:
Bron was in his early 20s playing with Mo Williams, Boobie Gibson and Delonte West and he still outperformed prime Kobe against those teams :russ:

Forced the Celtics to a tightly contested game 7 in 2008 with no other all-stars when prime Kobe lost in 6 and got blown out in the close out game. Bron dropped 39, 8, and 8 against the Magic in 2009, much better performance than Kobe.. and he didn’t perform the best against the Celtics in 2010 but he also didn’t have a team that was capable of winning games with him shooting 6-24.

Sccit

LA'S MOST BLUNTED
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LOS818ANGELES
Bron was in his early 20s playing with Mo Williams, Boobie Gibson and Delonte West and he still outperformed prime Kobe against those teams :russ:

STOP UNDERPLAYING THOSE TEAMS TO SUCK OFF BRON

THEY WERE DEFENSIVE MONSTERS AND EVEN FAVORED TO WIN IT ALL BY VEGAS

BRON CLEARLY HAD ENOUGH TO WIN.. HE JUST CHOKED OVER N OVER AGAIN.

U GUNA SIT HERE N PRETEND LIKE THE MAGIC WAS STACKED? FOH .. LEBRON WAS LOSING IN 6 OR 7 GAMES THEM YEARS .. CLEARLY AN INDICATION THAT HE COULDA WON HAD HE BEEN AN MJ/KOBE LEVEL PLAYER.

YEA.. NO WAY A LEBRON TEAM EVER WINS WIT HIM GOIN 6-24.. BECAUSE LEBRON DOESNT HAVE THE ABILITY TO ELEVATE HIS TEAMMATES ALA KOBE. THATS KINDA THE POINT, YOUNG’N.

Last edited:

Sccit

LA'S MOST BLUNTED
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LOS818ANGELES
Um, you do realize that Bynum was 2nd-team All-NBA in 2012 and averaged more points, more rebounds, more blocks, and had more 20-point games in the 2012 postseason than Bosh had?

Gasol was a 17-10-4 guy that year and had manned up and outplayed Dwight and KG in back-to-back Finals, playing some of the best defense anyone ever had on Dwight, but now he's too "soft" to help Kobe?

Odom wasn't even on the Lakers in 2012, he'd been traded to the Mavs for a pick.

And you've got to be a fukking clown to claim that Wade was a world-class defender in 2012. Wade wasn't even above average on that end, he was limping around on one leg and struggled defensively all postseason. And he only broke 30 once the entire postseason (Bosh never even hit 25). Are you serious with this shyt?

You've conclusively proven that you don't know what the fukk you're talking about. You're just repeating narratives you half remember but you can't even tell us who was on the court.

AND YET IF BYNUM PLAYED WIT LEBRON, HE WOULDA AVERAGED 6 POINTS AND 6 REBOUNDS

BUT YALL DONT HEAR ME THO

Osmosis

Superstar
Daps
STOP UNDERPLAYING THOSE TEAMS TO SUCK OFF BRON

THEY WERE DEFENSIVE MONSTERS AND EVEN FAVORED TO WIN IT ALL BY VEGAS

BRON CLEARLY HAD ENOUGH TO WIN.. HE JUST CHOKED OVER N OVER AGAIN.

U GUNA SIT HERE N PRETEND LIKE THE MAGIC WAS STACKED? FOH .. LEBRON WAS LOSING IN 6 OR 7 GAMES .. CLEARLY AN INDICATION THAT HE COULDA WON HAD HE BEEN AN MJ/KOBE LEVEL PLAYER.
They were favored to win because of Bron :mjlol:

Bron was in his early 20’s and had no offensive support, and yet he still performed better than prime Kobe against the Magic and Celtics. Kobe in his mid 20’s was missing the playoffs and getting sent home in the first round with a player better than Bron had on any of those early Cavs teams.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
:francis: Yeah we got another @Rhakim esque loser on our hands brehs

You have more posts than I do, yet no one can remember the last time you contributed something of value to this forum. Literally no one. Other than being the wingman for a struggle jewish Trump supporter from the Valley and projecting insecurity whenever I'm in the same thread as you, you're known for....what exactly?

Like I said, more posts than me but imagine anyone ever joining the forum and saying they admired the way @10bandz posts. :russ:

Nobody loves Rhakim on this board except LeGBT fags and cornballs in HL :mjlol:

Funny, why am I getting so many mentions in a TLR thread without any Bron fans posting? :jbhmm:

I'm sure your name is all up in there though. :pachaha:

Oh you’re a laker fan now too? :mjlol:

Breh pulled receipts on your ass too, I'm starting to like this guy. :skip:

Last edited:

Sccit

LA'S MOST BLUNTED
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LOS818ANGELES
They were favored to win because of Bron :mjlol:

Bron was in his early 20’s and had no offensive support, and yet he still performed better than prime Kobe against the Magic and Celtics. Kobe in his mid 20’s was missing the playoffs and getting sent home in the first round with a player better than Bron had on any of those early Cavs teams.

AGAIN.. INDIVIDUAL PERFORMANCES. MOST OF BRON’S TEAMMATES HATED HIM WIT A PASSION BECAUSE HE CONSISTENTLY HINDERED THEM SO THAT HE COULD GET HIS. MEANWHILE KOBE HAD THESE LAKERS LOOKIN LIKE A DYNASTY:

fmTL3Fj.jpg

THEREIN LIES THE DIFFERENCE

Th3Birdman

Rookie of The Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
BRUH U OVER HERE TRYNA QUANTIFY EVERYTHING.. THATS THE PROBLEM. A GAME PREDICATED ON SOUL CANT BE DEFINED SOLELY VIA ITS QUANTITATIVE PROPERTIES

:mjlol:

HOW THE HELL DOES LEBRON DO EVERYTHING BETTER? KOBE HAS BETTER FOOTWORK, BETTER HANDLES, BETTER POSTGAME, BETTER SHOOTER, BETTER COUNTERS.. I CAN GO ON N ON. THEYRE NOT EVEN CLOSE FROM AN OVERALL OFFENSIVE ARSENAL STANDPOINT.

Kobe had all of that... and STILL can't put up better numbers than LeBron offensively.

Sad part is, I agree with you. Kobe passes the eye test vs LeBron. There is an awkwardness to Bron's game that I think we weren't used to, growing up with Anfernee, T-Mac, Kobe and Mike.

But the way a dude's game LOOKS doesn't matter. Kevin Martin had an OOGLY shot, but that bytch was WATER. Kobe had all those moves, but never could outscore a pass-first player. LeBron is a 27 PPG career scorer, Kobe is 25. The numbers matter. I don't care abut your bag if this nikka is outscoring you awkwardly.

We just call Bron's game ugly and keep it movin.

BRON’S NUMBERS WILL ALWAYS BE BETTER BECAUSE HE’S SCARED TO TAKE THE DIFFICULT SHOTS

:snoop:

Sccit... my dude, for all the shyt you talk about regarding media influences, you sure as hell stay repeating Skip Bayless.

LeBron has taken over 200 clutch shots: LeBron James clutch shots made: Regular season | Basketball-Reference.com

HERE WE SEE KOBE HAD MORE GAME WINNERS IN 1 SEASON THAN BRON DID HIS ENTIRE STINT WIT CLEVELAND

This, my young friends is called a "cherry pick".

Notice how you had to caveat this, by shoehorning LeBron's games player to only Cleveland, but post a video of Kobe operating during seasons LeBron was on the Heat?

What do you gain from that???? Lmao

By the way, that's a COLD video :whew:

LETS ALSO CONSIDER KOBE HAS HIT HIGHS LEBRON COULD ONLY DREAM OF.. A MONTH AVERAGING 40+ PPG, 62 IN 3 QUARTERS, 81, MOST CONSECUTIVE 50+ POINT GAMES. THESE ARE SCORING HIGHS THAT LEBRON NEVER HAD THE OFFENSIVE ARSENAL TO REACH

...and guess who is still the number 2 scorer of all time?

You can't have it both ways-- either Kobe is a better scorer or he's not. Do I think Kobe had a better bag? Absolutely. But the numbers say LeBron was a better and more efficient scorer.

Your entire argument is based around how pretty you think Kobe's game was. Mine is about absolute raw numbers. We are talking past each other.

LEBRON PLAYS FOR HIS BRAND. HE WAS NEVER WILLING TO SACRIFICE HIS INDIVIDUAL LEGACY TO ELEVATE HIS CHANCES AT WINNING. KOBE IS THE OPPOSITE- FROM THE MOMENT HE CAME IN THE LEAGUE, ALL HE KNEW WAS SACRIFICING HIS OWN NUMBERS FOR THE BETTERMENT OF THE TEAM

That's a roundabout way of admitting LeBron came in the league balling and Kobe didn't.

You have no way to back these claims up, please stop @'ing me if you gonna go "but dude, heart of the cards" every time we square up. Either you got facts to back this up or you don't. You don't know LeBron and Kobe is dead-- you can't speak to what these guys play for or why they do what they do.

On one hand, you claim LeBron is too scared to take a shot. In the same breath, you claim he was scoring for his brand. Come on mayne!

IF U WANA KEEP TALKIN BOUT NUMBERS THO, LETS TALK ABOUT HOW JAMES HARDEN IN HOUSTON WAS A BETTER SCORER THAN MICHAEL JORDAN

Context?

Sccit

LA'S MOST BLUNTED
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LOS818ANGELES
Y'all really in here acting like history wasn't recorded...:gucci:

First of all, there were ONLY 5 games in that series-- you meant first 4 games of that series. Thunder got them boys out the paint in a gentlemen's sweep.

Kobe's numbers for that series EXCLUDING Game 5, since you boys want to randomly exclude games for no reason at all:

28.5 PPG 5.2 RPG 4.2 APG through 4 games

Source: 2012 NBA Western Conference Semifinals - Lakers vs. Thunder | Basketball-Reference.com

Kobe's numbers in the playoffs for a career:

25.4 PPG 5.1 RPG 4.7 APG

Source: Kobe Bryant Stats | Basketball-Reference.com

:unimpressed:

Those numbers look RIGHT IN LINE with his career playoff averages. Mind you, Kobe NEVER MADE THE PLAYOFFS AGAIN after the Thunder put him out the playoffs.

As for the silly excuse that Kobe wasn't efficient in the series, Kobe Bean Bryant has NEVER been known as an efficient player. For a career, he has shot below 45% from the field, and 33% from 3 in the playoffs.

So what y'all doing in here is L-Y-I-N-G.

THE FACT THAT U THINK 2012 KOBE WAS THE SAME AS 2010 KOBE TELLS ME U WASNT WATCHIN IN REAL TIME

ALL U DOIN IS LOOKIN UP NUMBERS

FOR THOSE OF US WHO WERE THERE, WE KNOW 2010 WAS THE LAST YEAR OF KOBE’S PRIME.. AND EVEN THEN, HE WAS ON A DOWNWARD TRAJECTORY

Osmosis

Superstar
Daps
AGAIN.. INDIVIDUAL PERFORMANCES. MOST OF BRON’S TEAMMATES HATED HIM WIT A PASSION BECAUSE HE CONSISTENTLY HINDERED THEM SO THAT HE COULD GET HIS. MEANWHILE KOBE HAD THESE LAKERS LOOKIN LIKE A DYNASTY:

fmTL3Fj.jpg

THEREIN LIES THE DIFFERENCE
You mean the same team that bailed Kobe out in 2009 in a game 7 against the Ron Artest and Aaron Brooks led Rockets? Or in 2010 when he tried his damnedest to shoot his team out of a game 7 against the Celtics?

Pre-prime Lebron with no all-stars on his roster outperformed prime Kobe against those same teams in the playoffs. 28-30 year old Bron is beating the Magic and Celtics with that same roster.