RehReh

🖤GhettoEmpress🖤
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
UK
Shame and accountability are needed imo

Since about 15 i have had propositions to get into the adult entertainment industry..
I Definitely thought about doing some wild stuff for money and curiosity only the "my dad will KILL me and disown the body if he finds out" deterred me. Not even the fear of my mum had that much influence over my decisions and she used to beat me not him.

He is disappointed in me already for having my children out of wedlock albeit all with the same man. Its "taboo" and "abomination" to let a man that is not your husband use you for a "public latrine"

⠝⠕⠏⠑

Veteran
Daps
Shame has severely lost its potency for a lotta logical and logistic socio-emotional reasons.

Old paradigms based off shame don’t last and give rise to chaos because 1.) the shame is usually one-sided, hypocritical and coming from those in power towards those who have less agency and 2.) when it has no basis in reality due to increased mobility and agency of those under your influence.

Shame is often a social tool of support for dominant power structures. But once people pull back the veil and expose the hypocrisy of the actions of those trying to check others, then the power of shame becomes obsolete. Also once people try things for themselves and their lives don’t fall apart the way shamers initially claimed, it makes shame even less powerful.

To use shame sustainably, those shaming others have to be reasonably above reproach themselves. That’s just the way our brains work. Otherwise, the mechanism is rendered obsolete. In other words, the whole “do as I say not as I do” mentality makes people disregard the judgement of others as hypocritical and something no one cares about. And for shame to work, you also need an unrealistic amount of control over certain parameters such as how big your group is, how many are in your group, where they can go or travel and ect.
Because if the person you are trying to shame into doing something has other options more favorable than your vision and room or space to thrive outside of your vision, then they don’t care about your shaming them.

It’s like a blind person trying to shame somebody else for having poor vision. Or trying to shame somebody into staying in a small town.

If the shame is not tied to real negative consequences that can’t be mitigated by making different life choices and it’s coming from hypocrites, it’s power is nil. So if you want to leverage the real power of shame, keep your own community small and isolated and ensure that those seeking to shame others are of good character or manipulative enough to ensure they are never questioned. This is why cults are so powerful. :yeshrug:
Personally, I think shame can be useful but it’s not gonna work in today’s society and we need to move beyond reliance on it to heal our society.

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
But the coli told me you an incel for tryna regulate hoes:ohhh: That's one thing about black men, we let women hoe themselves out because we love hoes:wow:. We the least strict on women.

Me personally I don't care. I mind my own business and let folks do them. If they lost, they lost. I believe Shaming dont work anyway because eventually folks gone let loose behind closed doors

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
Yeah shyt is out of control. I just wish I could participate but I couldn’t look at myself in the mirror afterwards. Chicks out here promoting their onlyfans in posts right after showing their kids/family pictures:snoop: Folks beating up and shooting people on camera, etc. I just try to keep a low profile out here.

I AM WE ARE

Banned
Daps
Reppin
The N.O
But the coli told me you an incel for tryna regulate hoes:ohhh:

Me personally I don't care. I mind my own business and let folks do them. If they lost, they lost. I believe Shaming dont work anyway because eventually folks gone let loose behind closed doors
We not asking you to:cape: bruh but keep your circle of friends, etc on the right path.

I AM WE ARE

Banned
Daps
Reppin
The N.O
I'm telling my age but how we go from LL cool J to 2pac to soft ass Drake. Rappers always made a song or two for the female fans. Drake outchea singing on every record. Dude is Taylor swift. You knew/figured LL could fight, pac studio thug or not, he was with the shyt, but Drake? C'mon bruh. These women settling for dudes who dress like them. I did security and I asked a female jokingly, say ma'am you with dude butt if something happens he can't defend you if he can't get to a gun. Her response was"at least he got drip, look how he dressed":scust:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The GOAT

tumblr_napqxbYgsO1qega1vo1_250.gif

ko75QQ-1fijO7p16Cj0TPOJPdVz03ik-GMm-VNAL2iw.jpg

ok thought it was her…goddamn at that gif :noah:

Marks

as a mountain
Daps
I legit thought about this Friday at work. I look at how other cultures treat their elders and how much reverence children have for their parents. (I'm a traveling nurse) like fukk we as a whole don't give a damn anymore. I feel like I was born in the wrong times honestly.

The whole dump your elder in a nursing home is some cac shyt but it's dying because of current economics