Is season 2 of the wire skippable?

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just go ahead and watch it. It's worth watching at least once because everything ties in together. I'll admit I will never watch that season again. The season is just boring. I love all the other seasons,even 5 which some say is the worst season. That season 2 is hard to get through at times.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
dont listen to these fools on here

season 2 was a fukking chore to get through. i just finished season 4 and about to start on season 5. season 2 has nothing to do with anything with the rest of the seasons. fukking waste of time

all you need to know ............ avon barksdale little nephew gets killed, avon getting out of prison because stringer set up a guard and bribed the warden

go on youtube and watch highlights of season 2. its going to save you 13 hours

it actually explained how Prop Joe's connections with the Greek. it also explained how Prop Joe got that good dope everyone wanted. It explained how The Greek operated. It actually all ties in.

ThaRealness

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Madison
dont listen to these fools on here

season 2 was a fukking chore to get through. i just finished season 4 and about to start on season 5. season 2 has nothing to do with anything with the rest of the seasons. fukking waste of time

all you need to know ............ avon barksdale little nephew gets killed, avon getting out of prison because stringer set up a guard and bribed the warden

go on youtube and watch highlights of season 2. its going to save you 13 hours

Ya Im prob bout to read a synopsis then watch that clip.

61 Corpses

The Breh
Daps
Reppin
thats exactly what it is, nikkas thought they were seeing a show that was entirely set in the hood but were too dumb to realize the story its actually about the city of baltimore as a whole.

also according to some of those idots, season 2 had too many cacs :beli:

season 2 not only had some of the wires best written episodes, but IMO they did the best police work in that season. It really showed how smart mcnulty and freemon are

And Bunk......

up in here

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
couple of pretentious folks in this thread. it can be both important and boring. those two things aren't mutually exclusive. was it important to the overall story/purpose of the show? yes. was it tedious as fukk and a pain in the ass to sit through? yes. could it have been told as a side story or even as a dedicated story arch over a couple of episodes? definitely.

listen, season 2 is important to the overall theme and story of the show, however, it is also incredibly boring to watch. if you really want the best overall picture of the show, you should probably watch it. however, if you just want to read a synopsis and watch the highlights and skip the season, you could realistically do that too and still be good. i would advise that you at least watch the last ep of season 2.

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
i agree, season 2 is enough to exclude The Wire from any GOAT talks
well at least you're consistent here

I disagree with your stance tho, to me the Wire is the GOAT, and every season is really good. Season 2 is the second worst season out of 5 but its still amazing nonetheless. of course I dont give a shyt about it being 'entertaining'...:manny:

61 Corpses

The Breh
Daps
Reppin
I never understood why The Greek and Vondas even ever came back to Baltimore. It was explained in season 2 that the operation moves from city to city and Vondas tells Joe to expect "new faces" after they bounce. So why even go back after facing that much police/feds involvement? Figured that to be a sign of poor writing concerning their story arc....

Same could be said for Nick showing up in Season 5, even though David Simon explained it as Nick leaving the witness protection program