Is season 2 of the wire skippable?

Daps
Season 2 is really underrated, the ending of that season is some of the goat wire moments.

Its funny too cause I remember a LOT of hood shyt going down that season too, plus some of the funnest mcnulty and cop shyt, so that excuse doesn't really work. The frank sobotka story is goat status anyways

the cool

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
naw, you may NOT like the season but you can't downplay it's educational value though. you can actually use the season 2 for educational purposes.
:snoop: what the fukk?

if i want to watch a television show for educational purposes i'll go watch a documentary. this show is for entertainment. season 2 was so out of place, it went from the hood brothas slinging dope on the corner in seasons 1 3 4 5 to cacs on a shipping port. season was so out of place. it was like a totally different show.

i almost gave up halfway through season 2 and throw the entire series in the bushes but since nikkas on the coli was hyping it up....i pulled through :lawd:

thanks to the coli for putting me onto breaking bad, friday night lights too :blessed:

what show should i watch next brehs?

smoove157

Never Ever
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
how does season 2 account for everything? season 1 3 and 4 had nothing to do with season 2

season 2 shows you how the drugs are actually coming in to the city. also shows how messed up the police department was. Valcheck wanted Frank Zobotka to be taken down, and when he found out dude wasnt really the main focus of the investigation, he tried to shut it down. even though there was clearly much more at stake.

you also see how stringer deals with avon being locked up, and what happens when the connect roberto thinks avon got too light of a prison sentence. you see how seriously them bmore dudes take that east side vs west side thing.

there are so many things that move the entire story forward, things that do include drugs, violence and whatever else you think is missing from season 2.

the cool

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
season 2 shows you how the drugs are actually coming in to the city. also shows how messed up the police department was. Valcheck wanted Frank Zobotka to be taken down, and when he found out dude wasnt really the main focus of the investigation, he tried to shut it down. even though there was clearly much more at stake.

you also see how stringer deals with avon being locked up, and what happens when the connect roberto thinks avon got too light of a prison sentence. you see how seriously them bmore dudes take that east side vs west side thing.

there are so many things that move the entire story forward, things that do include drugs, violence and whatever else you think is missing from season 2.

i would have no problem with season 2 if it was like this

the whole frank zobotka, valcheck shyt is what everybody complains about season 2. it was like a the show did a 180, after season 1

it would be like breaking bad after season 1 and season 2 it would just focus on hank and his police work. nikka i want to see meth cooked up and and more of walt and jesse.

fukk those cacs.....i wanna see nikkas sell dope and gangbang on the street

smoove157

Never Ever
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
i would have no problem with season 2 if it was like this

the whole frank zobotka, valcheck shyt is what everybody complains about season 2. it was like a the show did a 180, after season 1

it would be like breaking bad after season 1 and season 2 it would just focus on hank and his police work. nikka i want to see meth cooked up and and more of walt and jesse.

fukk those cacs.....i wanna see nikkas sell dope and gangbang on the street

i guess we can just agree to disagree, but honestly, thats not what the show is about as a whole. like someone said, its about the city of baltimore as a whole. it covers so many different parts of the city. crime, police, politics, media, schools. to me, thats what makes the show so fascinating. you see how all the pieces connect, at least they connect to me.

just small dope things in season 2, like frank not paying his cell phone bill, and the customer service rep telling him there is a do not disconnect notice on his phone.

also how Busmalis from Oz tipped off the greeks that not only were the police on to them, but that frank was gonna rat on them too.

the cool

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
i guess we can just agree to disagree, but honestly, thats not what the show is about as a whole. like someone said, its about the city of baltimore as a whole. it covers so many different parts of the city. crime, police, politics, media, schools. to me, thats what makes the show so fascinating. you see how all the pieces connect, at least they connect to me.

just small dope things in season 2, like frank not paying his cell phone bill, and the customer service rep telling him there is a do not disconnect notice on his phone.

also how Busmalis from Oz tipped off the greeks that not only were the police on to them, but that frank was gonna rat on them too.
fair enough

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
:snoop: what the fukk?

if i want to watch a television show for educational purposes i'll go watch a documentary. this show is for entertainment. season 2 was so out of place, it went from the hood brothas slinging dope on the corner in seasons 1 3 4 5 to cacs on a shipping port. season was so out of place. it was like a totally different show.

i almost gave up halfway through season 2 and throw the entire series in the bushes but since nikkas on the coli was hyping it up....i pulled through :lawd:

thanks to the coli for putting me onto breaking bad, friday night lights too :blessed:

what show should i watch next brehs?
so basically ...you watched the wire because of hood brothas slinging dope on the corner ?
:beli:

ECA

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
On repeat viewings I think it holds up better than the first season tbh.

The police work was :ohlawd: