Is Sami too over to stick to the planned Roman/Rock face off? Is it time to pivot??

Brad Piff

The Money & The Miles
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Idk mane, the rock giving them upcoming free agent “we’ll have to wait for the summer and see what happens because I’m focused on the season right now” ass answers whenever they bring up Roman

He seemed like he ain’t even know what that lil bytch was talkin bout when she asked him who the head of the table was lol

That’s not WWE’s or The Rocks style to not promote some shyt they’re involved in to death

Kinda makes me believe that this shyt isn’t set in stone. WWE clearly wants it, and he’s open to it and toys with the idea of it, but this shyt is not signed pen to paper as of right now lol it’s obvious
He doesn’t address it at all unless something is in the works.

CM_Burns

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think there's a decent chance Rock does it. Wrestlemania's in LA and it'll be a great way to promote the XFL's comeback for him to start appearing on WWE TV again as the season starts. I gotta imagine that he's involved in Wrestlemania at minimum, maybe as a host or special ref if nothing else.

Sami Zayn is definetely not the guy to take the belt off of Roman. D Bry didnt have a Wrestlemania main event look, but he was legitimately Rock/Austin level over in the arenas for a minute there (just as far as loud/long reaction, not ticket sales/merch). Sami's over but not THAT over to where they just have to do it.

Reality Check

Keepin' it 100
Daps
I think Rock is gonna have some free time from movies at the top of the year because he’s gonna be promoting XFL…

He has one movie in pre-production for 2023 and everything else is announced, but not filming. XFL launches in February so he has the time to train, make tv appearances, and go to mania.

Daps
If booked right Sami faces Roman at the San Antonio stadium show Royal Rumble 2023 and Rock costs Roman the title in a big moment similar to when Eddie beat Brock in February 2004

Have Rock vs Roman Night one...winner faces Sami for the WWE Title night 2

Roman beats Rock

Roman beats Sami

Roman back on the throne

Sign me, Hunter

:wow:

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
To clarify, I do think that if you can make a Rock vs Roman match, you do it..

I just think having the rock being the one to take Roman down is shortsighted and would benefit Sami, who the fans are literally clamoring for a lot more.
There's no way a Roman vs Rock match ends with Reigns losing, unless it's to work multiple matches like Rock vs Cena.

The way I've always perceived it is that Roman gets put over by his cousin and elevated forever to A1 tier in WWE lore. After that is done they are "liberated" to finally beat him and put the title(s) on someone else.

Last edited:

King Kai

Supporter
Daps
If booked right Sami faces Roman at the San Antonio stadium show Royal Rumble 2023 and Rock costs Roman the title in a big moment similar to when Eddie beat Brock in February 2004

Have Rock vs Roman Night one...winner faces Sami for the WWE Title night 2

Roman beats Rock

Roman beats Sami

Roman back on the throne

Sign me, Hunter

:wow:

We also need another Roman/Jey match where he has to discipline him between now and Mania. :wow:

Jey: :deadrose:
Roman: Look what you made me do
9fYrOW7.png

Last edited:

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
See, that’s the thing…

They can still do it.. it’s just starting to feel like Sami has to be the one that defeats Roman. He’s who the fans are choosing.

I understand the rock is who he is.. but the people want Sami. Strike while the iron is hot.

Either Sami Zayn or Jey Uso need to be the one to dethrone Reigns. Not Cody. Not Dwayne. Not anyone other than Sami or Jey.
No, we all love what he is doing but if the rock is available those same fans will cheer even louder for the rock. There is levels to this shyt.

Also Reigns has to carry the title all the way to mania. IF Sami has next then he will still be hot after mania.

But as much as I enjoy what he is doing he can’t be the one to beat Roman. Atleast not yet.

VegetasHairline

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
CACS
No, we all love what he is doing but if the rock is available those same fans will cheer even louder for the rock. There is levels to this shyt.

Also Reigns has to carry the title all the way to mania. IF Sami has next then he will still be hot after mania.

But as much as I enjoy what he is doing he can’t be the one to beat Roman. Atleast not yet.
What does having The Rock be the one to dethrone Reigns do? What's the purpose? It helps nobody. I'm also in the minority of people who don't wanna see Reigns versus Rock, especially if it's for the title.

invincible1914

G.O.M.A.B.
Daps
Reppin
LSU, Saints, Alcorn, VCU
They aren't pivoting plans with the top guy in the industry just because Sami is catching fire right now
People can’t keep nothing in context. Sami isnt going from always losing comedy relief to making the Rock lean back cause he the one taking down the tribal chief.

I can see him getting the pin over Jey though. Honestly, I’ve always assumed Sami and KO taking the tag belts was the end game the whole time.