Is Reparations A Possibility? @Black Panther Asks Legal Expert Ken Feinberg

Black Panther

Long Live The King
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
How does the gov't prove someone is not eligible? I'm #islandgang. I could sign up for reparations and get it, if I don't have to prove anything.

My point is that being unable to determine eligibility is the fault of the government, in my opinion. They either didn't keep track of slaves or destroyed records to obscure our origins, so that constitutes a failure on their part, IMO.

That being said, if you're trying to propose a realistic solution, that's definitely not the hill you wanna die on. :kanyebp:

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
U cant get reparations unless u had a ancestor who was enslaved in this country sl and they social security and records to prove it only ados blacks have that

No african or carribean can get reparations.

Carribeans only had 1 percent population here before 1960.
Seems like a convenient path for white people to kill the issue by saying it's impossible to determine everyone's ancestry.

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
That being said, if you're trying to propose a realistic solution, that's definitely not the hill you wanna die on. :kanyebp:

But you could simplify the issue though. Most immigrants of African descent came after 1970. As in the overwhelmingly vast majority. Therefore you could eliminate all those people seeing as you do have the records for them and the gov't kept those records in good shape.

I'd be willing to bet that any Africans who came here after 1877, the gov't has records on them as well. So really, you're right. I guess AAs wouldn't have to do too much hoop jumping to qualify for reparations. Not as much as I originally thought. :ehh:

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
It isnt tho. And they wont be able to kill it
It's literally one of the primary reasons given in his exchange.

It's also one of the primary points of collision during discussions among black people.

The ADOS movement spawned from this.

:russ:

Daps
It's literally one of the primary reasons given in his exchange.

It's also one of the primary points of collision during discussions among black people.

The ADOS movement spawned from this.

:russ:

Call me they can go that far back and find records. Other groups won't have them.

Also the morality of the issue is starting to hit home with people.

They Kno it's a wrong that needs to be eradicated. So I believe it will happen

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
Call me they can go that far back and find records. Other groups won't have them.

As I noted above, it would be relatively much easier and quicker to eliminate the people who don't qualify for reparations. All the information is there.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang

I've discussed this before, but ive traced my history back.

It certainly wasn't easy and all it takes is a town deleting what records do exist.

:yeshrug:

Daps
I've discussed this before, but ive traced my history back.

It certainly wasn't easy and all it takes is a town deleting what records do exist.

:yeshrug:

They can't delete them.

And gov tracing ur history easy.

I mean they literally have records.

Dr darity already spoke on this.

They can differentiate easy who gets it. 99 percent of blacks here before 1960 was Ados.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
They can't delete them.

And gov tracing ur history easy.

I mean they literally have records.

Dr darity already spoke on this.

They can differentiate easy who gets it. 99 percent of blacks here before 1960 was Ados.
The records are a lot less well kept than you think.

You've now moved from only direct descendents of slaves to all black people before 66.

You're making my point though. There are plenty of ways to determine how people get money, but people who oppose will merely say it's too difficult to accurately distinguish and that's that. :manny:

Daps
The records are a lot less well kept than you think.

You've now moved from only direct descendents of slaves to all black people before 66.

You're making my point though. There are plenty of ways to determine how people get money, but people who oppose will merely say it's too difficult to accurately distinguish and that's that. :manny:

U moving it. There was almost no non Ados blacks here before 1960. So it's not gonna hard to trace it back.

Carribean and African won't get it because they weren't here.

And there no argument against it. Cacs built they wealth off slavery and Jim crow.

Ados isnt going to vote for any canidate not willing to do it

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
U moving it. There was almost no non Ados blacks here before 1960. So it's not gonna hard to trace it back.

Carribean and African won't get it because they weren't here.

And there no argument against it. Cacs built they wealth off slavery and Jim crow.

Ados isnt going to vote for any canidate not willing to do it
Not everyone affected by slavery was also affected by Jim Crow. :manny: