Is Logan the best superhero movie ever?

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Arrays talked about the villain in the Logan thread and the guardians thread. I know you won't go read it lol but it's been defended.

But I figured if anyone would love Logan it'd be you

I won't read it but I hope that anyone who defends Logan's shytty villain(s) doesn't have the audacity to shyt on any MCU villains.

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Word I feel that. My on the nose comment comes from the dialogue though. There's nuance in the novel with themes and dialogue and as I've said before Snyder isn't nuance guy lol. Which works for some things but doesn't for others.

It yeah the characters were all on point and you can tell he loves the book which is a plus for cats who love the book as well.
Since I read the comic book, I found the movie just :ld: felt more like cliff notes with a slightly altered ending. I remember reading that Moore wrote the comic in a way to show that comics can tell a story that can't be adapted to film or other media.

I got a friend that was all :ohlawd: when he saw Watchmen. He liked it so much that he went and bought the comic and was instantly :mindblown::ooh::whew::banderas:. We got to talking about the Watchmen the day after he finished reading the comic and he told me the book made him :camby: the movie adaptation because of what was omitted.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Since I read the comic book, I found the movie just :ld: felt more like a cliff notes with a slightly altered ending. I remember reading that Moore wrote the comic in a way to show that comics can tell a story that can't be adapted to film or other media.

I got a friend that was all :ohlawd: when he saw Watchmen. He liked it so much that he went and bought the comic and was instantly :mindblown::ooh::whew::banderas:. We got to talking about the Watchmen the day after he finished reading the comic and he told me the book made him :camby: the movie adaptation because of what was omitted.

I don't mind the omisssions as I'm pretty cool with adaptations just adapting shyt. I just don't think he got the point of what he was adapting

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
No, but it is the best of the Wolverine movies and that's good enough.

I wouldn't put it above

The Dark Knight
Batman Begins
The Watchmen
Captain America Winter Soldier
Civil War
Spider-man 2
Dr Strange
Guardians of the Galaxy
X-Men 2
X-Men Days of Future Past

Nintendough

#Kliq
Daps
Reppin
Eagles, Canes, Kliq, Sixers
No, but it is the best of the Wolverine movies and that's good enough.

I wouldn't put it above

The Dark Knight
Batman Begins
The Watchmen
Captain America Winter Soldier
Civil War
Spider-man 2
Dr Strange
Guardians of the Galaxy
X-Men 2
X-Men Days of Future Past

Logan smokes this list outside of the first 2 .

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Daps
No but it was still good.

The movie needed either a memorable set-piece, some sort of twist or a strong antagonist.

Last edited:

Arithmetic

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Damn I didn't know it was this well received I saw it but didn't know it was like that in these coli streets :ohhh:

Prodigital

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I see brehs are revisionist history with Doctor strange, it was dope, but no time in the same league as Logan let alone better.

I say top three tho, dark knight, winter soldier, Logan. No particular order, I can watch those three anytime and not be bored.

BrooklynShow

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
Crown Heights Brooklyn
Logan is a very good film in my opinion but it's not the best Super Hero film.
I would definitely be top 5 but the antagonists were too weak.

Dark Knight
The Matrix
Winter Soldier
Logan
X Men 2, Civil War, Days of X Men Future Past