Is Logan the best superhero movie ever?

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Okay now that's going TOO far in the other direction. I'm sure I'll regret this but what's your beef with it
Not much, since I liked it just fine. My "beef" is only that people are acting like this does some never seen before storytelling or character work when it really is just a straight forward story full of genre tropes that gets overrated because its approach is a bit more serious than people are used to from the genre.

To me the overblown praise for Logan boils down to people who (whether they want to admit it or not) are so desperate to have superhero movies recognized as "respectable" movies (eg. not mindless summer blockbusters) that every movie that peeks a little bit outside that box gets overrated just for trying even if the actual movie is only decent at best.

I'm not even going to bother quoting @FlyRy whining about my Age Of Ultron review again like I'm supposed to give a damn. But I will love to see you guys defend Logan's incredibly shytty bad guy(s) while complaining for three plus about Marvel producing weak unmemorable villains.

TrebleMan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Everyone's mileage is going to vary.

Logan is one of the best movies I've ever seen.

Logan and the first Batman movie are tied to me. The thing is I loved both movies for two different reasons.

Last edited:

R=G

Street Terrorist
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Haven't seen it. Those first two were so terrible and I don't like having to endure the Wolverine character longer than necessary.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
It was a good movie but I think it gets a little overhyped because it's one of the few good X-Men movies.

It will have to sit with me before I can say it's in top 5. Might be top 10.
What's wrong with there being good X-Men movies? People around here are a TRIP:laugh:

Thabo

Pro
Daps
It was the worst superhero movie I have ever watched couldn't event finish it.

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
I have never felt a slight wetness in my eyes after watching a comic book movie before. Somehow, Logan managed to pull out the feels. Damn. When a movie can make you feel the kind of emotions you avoid and make you feel for the characters as much as Logan did then you know you just saw a mothafukking masterpiece.

My top comic book movies are:

1. Edge of Tomorrow
2. Chronicle
3. The Incredibles
4. Man of Steel
5. Logan
6. Oldboy
7. Punisher: War Zone
8. Wanted
9. Winter Soldier
10. Spiderman 2

Chris Nolan movies are for the most part over-rated and have the worst fight scenes I've ever seen. His best movie was The Prestige. The best thing about The Dark Knight was the story, cinematography and the Joker.

I loved Deadpool and Dr. Strange but they need to grow on me more. Birdman was a dope movie too but it was fake.

Last edited:

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
.........Chronicle and The Incredibles aren't comic book movies. Both of those are completely original properties not based on any previous book or comic.
Thread title says super heroes

My list consists of both super heroes, comics and manga properties. Old boy ain't a super hero, but he's from a manga and he fukks up an entire hallway of criminals on some batman shyt but unlike batman he had no gadgets or batsuit armor, just a fukking hammer. Damn i need to put that movie up higher on my list im getting pumped up

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Thread title says super heroes

My list consists of both super heroes, comics and manga properties. Old boy ain't a super hero, but he's from a manga and he fukks up an entire hallway of criminals on some batman shyt but unlike batman he had no gadgets or batsuit armor, just a fukking hammer. Damn i need to put that movie up higher on my list im getting pumped up

Wasn't going by the thread title I as going by what you said in your post, which was that you were listing your favorite comic book movies.

I consider Manga and Comics the same thing, just from different parts of the world.

If doing comic book movies you could also include stuff like Road to Perdition, A History of Violence, Ghost World, The Mask, Big Hero Six, and Men In Black.

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
Wasn't going by the thread title I as going by what you said in your post, which was that you were listing your favorite comic book movies.

I consider Manga and Comics the same thing, just from different parts of the world.

If doing comic book movies you could also include stuff like Road to Perdition, A History of Violence, Ghost World, The Mask, Big Hero Six, and Men In Black.
I thought about those but didn't like em enough to put em on my list.