Is Kevin Durant officially the second option?

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Things can change. We used to say that about Lebron for years, and now he's becoming the aggressive player that everybody wants him to be.

He turns the ball over too much so he needs to focus on scoring and not making Westbrook happy.

Brief Keef

Superstar
Daps
Kevin Durant Field Goal Attempts per game : 18

Russel Westbrook Field Goal Attempts per game : 19

:merchant: Russ done took over the whole squad.

Durant is on pace to be the first ever scoring champion in NBA history to not shoot the most attempts on his team, if he beats out Melo.

Is this better for the Thunder? Durant has in my view an inability to show extreme aggressiveness in important situations. He can hit clutch shots but can someone post a video of Durant utterly taking over a 4th quarter? He's a brilliant player but it is slowly but surely becoming Westbrook's team.

Edit : Before the inevitable Buh Buh Kobe shot more than Shaq during the three peat... to that I say Kobe and Shaq we're option 1A and 1B when Kobe shot more, and furthermore Shaq was a post player and Kobe was a wing player... Durant and Westbrook are both jumpshooters who get their points the exact same way and in my view have very similar skillsets... they both shoot a lot of jumpers in transition and off the dribble, while depending heavily on the FT line. I understand FGA is not all that makes you a second option but they basically do the same shyt so :birdman:

yea sabo took over the squad because he takes one more attempt then KD :beli:

good news for #LAKESHOW

we gettin SA 1st round

and :youngsabo: will literally :youngsabo: thunder title chances

2k13 ? :mjpls:

Daps
You agreed with me but then trying to rationalize why he's not aggressive . I don't care what excuse you make he's not as aggressive as Westbrook and he's a better more efficient scorer yet he's attempting to be Bron. How about since hes the team "leader" and the best scorer he shoots more ?? He's not Bron he's averaging 3 to to his 4 assists he needs to stop trying to appease sabo cause he tried that and they lost in 5.

:what:

I never once agreed with you. What you're saying is bullshyt.

Why do you continue to be this dense? Why is he trying to have more of a facilitation role on the Thunder? Because you're the team leader that equals out to you should shoot more?

So he should shoot more regardless of the situation in the game and not look to get his team involved because he's the leader?

:wtf:

That's not the reason why lost they to the Heat at all. Plus he only averaged 2 assists in that series, so drop that stupid shyt of how he was playing like lebron led them to failure.

Daps
Clutch points table up to March 7-

Clutch-Points_original.png

Up to date 2012/2013: NBA Stats - Player Clutch

1. Kevin Durant
2. Kobe Bryant
3. Kyrie Irving
4. Lebron James
5. James Harden

Full season of 2011/2012: NBA Stats - Player Clutch

1. Kevin Durant
2. Chris Paul
3. Kobe Bryant
4. Joe Johnson
5. Russell Westbrook

BUT NOOOO, DURANT NEEDS TO BE MORE LIKE MELO AND DEMAND THE BALL IN THE CLUTCH.

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:what:

I never once agreed with you. What you're saying is bullshyt.

Why do you continue to be this dense? Why is he trying to have more of a facilitation role on the Thunder? Because you're the team leader that equals out to you should shoot more?

So he should shoot more regardless of the situation in the game and not look to get his team involved because he's the leader?

:wtf:

That's not the reason why lost they to the Heat at all. Plus he only averaged 2 assists in that series, so drop that stupid shyt of how he was playing like lebron led them to failure.
Yes you agreed he's not aggressive so stop lying :umad:
He's not cp3 he's not Bron no one is saying shoot at any occasion that's stupid but to shoot more than Westbrook ? Yes ! You can get your teammates involved and take the most shots the bottom line is to make sure you let kd play to his strengths . I saw the damn finals he was Lebron like by not imposing his will on the game and letting Westbrook shoot more sacrificing to get the team involved . Wait its brooks fault :beli: kd has no say in anything because he's not aggressive enough to do something besides have lovers quarrels with sabo . We killed wade and Bron for letting spo make stupid play calls so kd gets the same

Daps
Yes you agreed he's not aggressive so stop lying :umad:
He's not cp3 he's not Bron no one is saying shoot at any occasion that's stupid but to shoot more than Westbrook ? Yes ! You can get your teammates involved and take the most shots the bottom line is to make sure you let kd play to his strengths . I saw the damn finals he was Lebron like by not imposing his will on the game and letting Westbrook shoot more sacrificing to get the team involved . Wait its brooks fault :beli: kd has no say in anything because he's not aggressive enough to do something besides have lovers quarrels with sabo . We killed wade and Bron for letting spo make stupid play calls so kd gets the same

:mindblown:

You do realise he averaged more 4th quarter points than every single other player in the finals right - how the fukk is that not imposing his will? How was he not playing to his strengths? He sacrificed his game by getting the team more involved by averaging 2 assists? :wtf:

It's Brooks fault that he doesn't rein in Westbrook and doesn't make him run a proper ball-movement offense.

Daps
God damn watch a basketball game and stop quoting stats :usure: you And Hollinger must be buddies .

You tell me he needs to be more like melo and demand the ball, I tell you that you're wrong and provide EVIDENCE and you reply watch the game. Are you telling me that those stats are wrong?

HiphopRelated

In Broad Daylight
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
My brother's keeper
Why should Durant take more shots?:dwillhuh: they have the best offense in the NBA
Because Miami shuts all that iso shyt down.

If Russy is taking 15 wild shots from midrange and trying to beat 3 defenders at the rim, it's gonna be another short series

Dude only had one great game in the Finals with all his chucking...and they still lost that one.

It's not just Durant should take more shots, it's that their entire "offense" has no structure and that starts with Brooks and Westbrook.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
OkC don't run an offense

And it's hard as hell for your best player to not be able to find himself a good shot at end of game situations, like Durant still struggles with.

Dude's lack of aggression really concerns me. He won't win a title until he snaps and says, "I'm getting 50" like Kobe would.

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You tell me he needs to be more like melo and demand the ball, I tell you that you're wrong and provide EVIDENCE and you reply watch the game. Are you telling me that those stats are wrong?
Ok here's one stat I want from you how many wins does kd have vs Bron ?? Long as that stat is 1-6 he can keep doing those things and keep not getting a ring . At some point he needs to take his future into his hands if Westbrook is the problem rein him in . If brooks is the problem get him fired . He needs to be aggressive and do what's best for him
Because Miami shuts all that iso shyt down.

If Russy is taking 15 wild shots from midrange and trying to beat 3 defenders at the rim, it's gonna be another short series

Dude only had one great game in the Finals with all his chucking...and they still lost that one.

It's not just Durant should take more shots, it's that their entire "offense" has no structure and that starts with Brooks and Westbrook.

Either man up and establish a pecking order or get brooks fired . This is a trend with the team it happens all the time