Is Kevin Durant officially the second option?

Daps
:salute:a honest thunder fan . @Gil Scott-Heroin care to argue with loose ?

:mindblown: at this dumb shyt.

When did I ever say Durant shouldn't be more aggressive? Or that Westbrook should be less aggressive? I said at this moment in time, it works because if they weren't the yin/yang of each other, it'd be fukkin disastrous. His thoughts on KD, don't even come close to the bullshyt you were saying about him. Stop acting like you're in tune with the Thunder fans like they believe the same bullshyt you do.

In saying that, I do disagree with loose saying: "he doesn't WANT to take 20 shots per game it has nothing to do with westbrook" - this has a lot to do with Westbrook's mentality. It's one of the main reasons why he's reserved.

Last edited by a moderator:

ghostwriterx

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Kevin Durant Field Goal Attempts per game : 18

Russel Westbrook Field Goal Attempts per game : 19

:merchant: Russ done took over the whole squad.

Durant is on pace to be the first ever scoring champion in NBA history to not shoot the most attempts on his team, if he beats out Melo.

Pretty deceptive once you factor in the ft disparity.

Daps
Durant seems more concerned with trying to prove he's a all-around "point forward", when that just isn't his game. If he had Westbrooks mindset he'd averaged 33-35ppg, instead he's out there doing a bootleg LeBron impersonation trying to set people up and turning the ball over in the process.

I can see what Durant's trying to do, even though he's trying to emulate Bron, he's also trying to balance out the offense by distributing (the team desperately needs it). How this team is run, is the MAIN reason why he plays like that. If he had Westbrook's mindset there would be even less amount of ball movement than there already is now and the rest of the lineup would be fulltime mannequins on the court. That's not to say Durant couldn't play more aggressive, it's just there's no coaching authority in OKC and when your PG doesn't run a proper offense, it forces Durant to go out looking for a solution.

That's why it's less him being concerned with being a point forward and more to do with the build of the team.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Durant needs to stop acting like a bootleg lebron and focus on scoring (what he does best)
Trying to set people up is the reason why dude is averaging almost 4 turnovers a game. :smh:. Thats as much as Lin was averaging during his knicks run.
Dude is not a distributer. If you factor the assist to turnover ratio he only really gets 1 assist per game.

bigdex

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I can see what Durant's trying to do, even though he's trying to emulate Bron, he's also trying to balance out the offense by distributing (the team desperately needs it). How this team is run, is the MAIN reason why he plays like that. If he had Westbrook's mindset there would be even less amount of ball movement than there already is now and the rest of the lineup would be fulltime mannequins on the court. That's not to say Durant couldn't play with more aggressive, it's just there no coaching authority in OKC and when your PG doesn't run a proper offense, it forces Durant to go out looking for a solution.

That's why it's less him being concerned with being a point forward and more to do with the build of the team.

This man hit it on the head. You can't have two people gunning on the team because then the role players don't get involved and slack on the other end. Everyone likes to score and it keeps them focused playing defense and rebounding. Imagine being Ibaka or Thabo and D-ing up good players night in and night out and never touching the ball at all.

OKC should've kept Harden and traded Westbrook based on how their team and coaching staff is set-up.

Daps
He was in that zone in the Finals last year and we all know how that worked out. It really seems like the weight of expectations and comparisons to Bron have gotten to him. Something is off.

:dead: @ folk saying "if Durant could get into the 32PPG range - they would go 7 games with the Heat".

For all the shyt that Durant takes for not demanding the ball from Westbrook, he's been the leading clutch scorer in the league over the last few seasons.

Daps
This man hit it on the head. You can't have two people gunning on the team because then the role players don't get involved and slack on the other end. Everyone likes to score and it keeps them focused playing defense and rebounding. Imagine being Ibaka or Thabo and D-ing up good players night in and night out and never touching the ball at all.

OKC should've kept Harden and traded Westbrook based on how their team and coaching staff is set-up.

I agree with your first statement/paragraph but not with the Harden one. In a perfect world (no Brooks), Westbrook will always be the better option, strictly now speaking. They need his aggression and he's an overall better player than Harden.

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:dead: @ folk saying "if Durant could get into the 32PPG range - they would go 7 games with the Heat".

For all the shyt that Durant takes for not demanding the ball from Westbrook, he's been the leading clutch scorer in the league over the last few seasons.

You agreed with me but then trying to rationalize why he's not aggressive . I don't care what excuse you make he's not as aggressive as Westbrook and he's a better more efficient scorer yet he's attempting to be Bron. How about since hes the team "leader" and the best scorer he shoots more ?? He's not Bron he's averaging 3 to to his 4 assists he needs to stop trying to appease sabo cause he tried that and they lost in 5.