The D.O.G.( Disciple of God)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Executive Chair Of The West
I wouldn’t say overrated

He had a good 2 seasons back to to back, and then hurt last year

I definitely don’t like their running backs this year

And people act like New England doesn’t have a solid /quality defense.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
As someone else said earlier, a better way of phrasing what I’m trying to convey is that people overlook things about him that they don’t for other players.

I’m not saying he’s not a very good QB, but people brush his poor performances and injuries under the rug and don’t give him the same treatment as other QB’s.
Because he's done something that other QBs and people like Allen and Jackson haven't done, which is beat Mahomes when it matters most.

The problem is people are picking and choosing which one to place emphasis on more than others instead of looking at the full body of work.

A playoff record is still a playoff record regardless of when it happened.

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Overrated how? When he’s healthy we get to the AFC championship game. It’s some QBs that ain’t made it that far and it’s some QBs who ain’t made the Super Bowl. Playoffs that’s when it matters. I am tired of these slow starts and this cheap ass owner man. Down right terrible at times. No indoor practice facility gotta walk a damn mile cross a street to get to our practice field.
Who started this "he made it to a super bowl so he is elite" rhetoric :mjlol:

Let me go watch some film on HOF QB's Jake Delhomme and Matt Hasselbeck, who also made it to a Super Bowl.

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I get the injury concerns and it's fair, but the 'overrated' argument is what I don't agree with.

The discussion around Lamar is that he can't win in the playoffs and that was further cemented last year when his team really should have won the game against the Chiefs. Lamar is 1-4 against Mahomes. Even beyond his record against Mahomes, his playoff performances has not come close to what he does in the regular season. He's a different player.

Lamar is 2-4 in the playoffs
Josh is 5-5
Burrow is 5-2

Burrow is not on Mahomes level, but compared to the other guys on his tier, he's performed better than them in the playoffs.
Burrow got one special half in 2 playoff games against the Chiefs and thats before their defense got to the level it was last year. How much better was he the last time they played? You look at the last two AFCCG. Both games were close. Both games featured mistakes from the losing QB and them just not looking like themselves all game. With Joe its "he almost beat em". With Lamar "he choked". And Joe had the better weapons. If we doing the head to head thing doesnt Lamar have a similar record against Joe? Lamar has done more, longer, and more consistently in the regular season. Goff did more than Stafford in the playoffs and what happened? And nobody clutched their pearls like the Rams were down grading. Nobody bemoaned the playoff records. Yes I know its not a apples to apples comparison but I am making the point about how much value we all of a sudden are giving to playoff wins that dont include a Lombardi. And I am not even a QB wins guy. So maybe thats why I am not getting it :manny:.

Copy Ninja

Superstar
Daps
Burrow got one special half in 2 playoff games against the Chiefs and thats before their defense got to the level it was last year. How much better was he the last time they played? You look at the last two AFCCG. Both games were close. Both games featured mistakes from the losing QB and them just not looking like themselves all game. With Joe its "he almost beat em". With Lamar "he choked". And Joe had the better weapons. If we doing the head to head thing doesnt Lamar have a similar record against Joe? Lamar has done more, longer, and more consistently in the regular season. Goff did more than Stafford in the playoffs and what happened? And nobody clutched their pearls like the Rams were down grading. Nobody bemoaned the playoff records. Yes I know its not a apples to apples comparison but I am making the point about how much value we all of a sudden are giving to playoff wins that dont include a Lombardi. And I am not even a QB wins guy. So maybe thats why I am not getting it :manny:.

Come on bruh, Goff was a bust until McVay got hired and turned his career around. The idea was that Stafford was more physically gifted and with McVay's coaching, the ceiling for the Rams would be higher with Stafford. And it was proven correct by winning the SB. Not to say Goff sucks, but his ceiling as a QB isn't as high as someone like Stafford, Lamar, Josh, Burrow, etc. We saw Goff in that playoff game against the Packers last year. He didn't make the throws that Love was making. He's not an elite QB.

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Come on bruh, Goff was a bust until McVay got hired and turned his career around. The idea was that Stafford was more physically gifted and with McVay's coaching, the ceiling for the Rams would be higher with Stafford. And it was proven correct by winning the SB. Not to say Goff sucks, but his ceiling as a QB isn't as high as someone like Stafford, Lamar, Josh, Burrow, etc. We saw Goff in that playoff game against the Packers last year. He didn't make the throws that Love was making. He's not an elite QB.
Not saying he is. But look at his playoff record in LA and Staffords in Detroit. And now Goff is in Detroit, yes Detroit, contending for SBs. Yet nobody is gonna say he is better or even as good as Stafford. We cant pick and choose when playoff success matters.

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
Yeah, I gotta call it like I see it.

Plus, Cincy has been known to start out slow and a lot of us overreact.

@BucciMane probably had Burrow in one of his longshot parlays.

"Burrow to pass for over 500 yds vs NE +3500 @ $50 wager"

:lolbron:

My G doing the science :skip:

math.gif

premier58

All Star
Daps

Let me go watch some film on HOF QB's Jake Delhomme and Matt Hasselbeck, who also made it to a Super Bowl.
Dont forget about the great Kerry Collins and Grossman and Jimmy G. Tony Eason, Don Strock and David Woodley, too.

Copy Ninja

Superstar
Daps

It's not that he went to the SB it's that he beat Mahomes. Mahomes is 15-3 in the playoffs and has only lost to two QBs, Brady and Burrow. That dude has gone to the AFC Championship game every single year and is damn near ubeatable. Brady was the only one to beat him until Burrow did it and it was in Arrowhead. That was a huge deal and why it's an argument used to prop up Burrow. Mahomes is that guy and whoever beats him is gonna get their due.

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
People thinking he better than Josh allen crazy to me, one relies on a system and players to lead him to success the other relies on creating plays some times with athleticism