Is Joe Burrow The Most Overrated QB?

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Every "top 10" QB not named Patrick Mahomes right now is overrated.

I've seen QB's mentioned in some lists at #8 mentioned at #2. It makes zero sense. It's too much talking.

Keep it simple.

Mahomes then everybody else and it doesn't matter what order because you can make an argument if you babble long enough.
The more you say trying to convince people, the more likely you're overrating.
In other words, let the play and results speak for itself.

In the meantime, there's been one Multiple-time MVP QB who has been holding the Super Bowl MVP trophy three out of the last five years.

Last edited:

Based Lord Zedd

Colts or Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston TX
Burrow got one special half in 2 playoff games against the Chiefs and thats before their defense got to the level it was last year. How much better was he the last time they played? You look at the last two AFCCG. Both games were close. Both games featured mistakes from the losing QB and them just not looking like themselves all game. With Joe its "he almost beat em". With Lamar "he choked". And Joe had the better weapons. If we doing the head to head thing doesnt Lamar have a similar record against Joe? Lamar has done more, longer, and more consistently in the regular season. Goff did more than Stafford in the playoffs and what happened? And nobody clutched their pearls like the Rams were down grading. Nobody bemoaned the playoff records. Yes I know its not a apples to apples comparison but I am making the point about how much value we all of a sudden are giving to playoff wins that dont include a Lombardi. And I am not even a QB wins guy. So maybe thats why I am not getting it :manny:.

The "QB wins" argument is a joke.

If it weren't we could point out that Lamar is 4-1 vs Burrow (as you said) and that'd be it.

Stop the count :damn:

The desperation to give Burrow full credit for the Bengals playoff wins is one of the main reasons he's overrated by the media / some fans.

Based Lord Zedd

Colts or Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston TX
Because he's done something that other QBs and people like Allen and Jackson haven't done, which is beat Mahomes when it matters most.

The problem is people are picking and choosing which one to place emphasis on more than others instead of looking at the full body of work.

A playoff record is still a playoff record regardless of when it happened.

This is an insane argument given Josh Allen's performance in the Divisional playoff OT loss.

Allen had 329 yards, 4 passing TDs, and 68 rushing yards. And threw a would be game winning TD pass with 13 seconds left.

That is better than any game Burrow has ever had in the playoffs.

Your response "a playoff record is still a playoff record regardless of what happened" :francis:

JesusFOREVER

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
My Father in Heaven
The Burrow hype was just another excuse to downplay Lamar Jackson, just like every other quarterback that gets hyped not named Patrick Mahomes

If Lamar Jackson didn’t exist quarterback discussion wouldn’t be as toxic as it today, every time a quarterback has a breakout year the discussion immediately shifts to “is he better than Lamar Jackson?” He has broken people’s brains by excelling at the position with his playstyle

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
This is an insane argument given Josh Allen's performance in the Divisional playoff OT loss.

Allen had 329 yards, 4 passing TDs, and 68 rushing yards. And threw a would be game winning TD pass with 13 seconds left.

That is better than any game Burrow has ever had in the playoffs.

Your response "a playoff record is still a playoff record regardless of what happened" :francis:
Coulda, shoulda, wouldn't means nothing these days.

Both Lamar and Allen had the perfect opportunity last year to take out Mahomes and a weakened Chiefs team with no Burrows in the playoffs and couldn't come through and the end result was Mahomes even more of a gap between them.

28 Gramz

How U Luv That???
Daps
Reppin
Tre-4,North Carolina
He's not just one SB run. That next season they put another great run together, beat Buffalo in the playoffs, and almost beat KC at KC in the AFCG after getting fukked by refs. And he played well that game. He had a down season last yr, but he's shown more in big games than anybody but Mahomes.

There's no clear #2 at the moment imo, but Burrows a credible choice. Definitely the most playoff success besides Mahomes.

Allen is the clear #2 and actually better in the playoffs and big games. Burrow has 9 tds 4 picks 93 passer rating in 7 games. Allen's is 21 tds 4 picks 100 rating in 10 games.

28 Gramz

How U Luv That???
Daps
Reppin
Tre-4,North Carolina
The Burrow hype was just another excuse to downplay Lamar Jackson, just like every other quarterback that gets hyped not named Patrick Mahomes

If Lamar Jackson didn’t exist quarterback discussion wouldn’t be as toxic as it today, every time a quarterback has a breakout year the discussion immediately shifts to “is he better than Lamar Jackson?” He has broken people’s brains by excelling at the position with his playstyle

Do the playoffs not matter?

Based Lord Zedd

Colts or Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston TX
Coulda, shoulda, wouldn't means nothing these days.

Both Lamar and Allen had the perfect opportunity last year to take out Mahomes and a weakened Chiefs team with no Burrows in the playoffs and couldn't come through and the end result was Mahomes even more of a gap between them.

Only because people prefer narratives like "QB wins."

And I wasn't talking about could've, would've, should've. I was talking about Josh Allen's performance objectively being better than any game Burrow has played in the postseason. I'm not going to say that "he couldn't get it done vs Mahomes" because his team lost.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Only because people prefer narratives like "QB wins."

And I wasn't talking about could've, would've, should've. I was talking about Josh Allen's performance objectively being better than any game Burrow has played in the postseason. I'm not going to say that "he couldn't get it done vs Mahomes" because his team lost.
Isn’t that what we’re essentially doing in this thread?

Based Lord Zedd

Colts or Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston TX
Isn’t that what we’re essentially doing in this thread?

Why do you keep ducking the part of my post about Allen's playoff performance vs KC compared to Burrow's playoff career?

I'll go further: You'd be a fool to take Burrow over Allen in the playoffs.

Josh Allen: 10 Playoff Games 27 total TDs, 4 INTs 272 pass yards per game, 56 rush yards per game.
Joe Burrow: 7 Playoff Games 10 total TDs, 4 INTS, 260 pass yards per game, 28 rush yards per game.

Go ahead and bring up team records. Neither is perfect, but Allen has easily been the better individual performer.

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Reality is there are quite a number of offensive linemen who I'd take over these other "top 10" QB's people mention.

Some of these Offensive Linemen straight up bowling over defenders to break runs and repelling defenders for 5+ seconds from getting to the QB are insane and doing more for their team than some of these overrated "top 10" QB's if we're being honest.

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Why do you keep ducking the part of my post about Allen's playoff performance vs KC compared to Burrow's playoff career?

Josh Allen: 10 Playoff Games 27 total TDs, 4 INTs 272 pass yards per game, 56 rush yards per game.
Joe Burrow: 7 Playoff Games 10 total TDs, 4 INTS, 260 pass yards per game, 28 rush yards per game.

Go ahead and bring up team records. Neither is perfect, but Allen has easily been the better individual performer.
I am not an Allen fan. But that nikka was a video game against KC in 22. Burrow balled in the second half but Allen was not of this world that game. And they only lost because well Pat, Kelce, and Tyreek are that stupid. Cincy only won because Pat remembered he was human for a day. They get ran off the field by Pat from the previous week.

No excuse for getting outclassed at the crib by Burrow the next year though.

Based Lord Zedd

Colts or Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston TX
I am not an Allen fan. But that nikka was a video game against KC in 22. Burrow balled in the second half but Allen was not of this world that game. And they only lost because well Pat, Kelce, and Tyreek are that stupid. Cincy only won because Pat remembered he was human for a day. They get ran off the field by Pat from the previous week.

No excuse for getting outclassed at the crib by Burrow the next year though.

I agree, his performance in that game vs Cincy was ass and he's had other poor performances.
I just don't think Burrow has been any better (aside from that 1 H2H game). And 1 or 2 games (if you count KC) is not enough to act like Burrow is some postseason demon.

Last edited:

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm

I'm not ducking anything at all. I've been one of Allen's biggest defenders on this site because like to play criticism with him, but giving people like Lamar a pass for the same thing.

The perfect example of that is last season's playoffs when certain posters keep bringing up KC's defense in why Lamar lost that game while conveniently forgetting that Allen played that same exact defense the week before.