Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hip-Hop Since '79
Listen to yourself....So he had a goat college season and went to the Superbowl

That puts him in like the 3 percentile of every QB ever :dahell:

He's already won more than Philip Rivers ever did
Yeah, I gotta call it like I see it.

Plus, Cincy has been known to start out slow and a lot of us overreact.

@BucciMane probably had Burrow in one of his longshot parlays.

"Burrow to pass for over 500 yds vs NE +3500 @ $50 wager"

:lolbron:

Based Lord Zedd

Colts or Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston TX
A lot of projecting forward with CJ. You really cant start a career much better than he did. We cant forget how ass the Texans were too. To go from that to a division title and playoff win in one year as a rookie is some special shyt. He gotta show and prove of course though.

I think he's been good, but the Texans front office has done an incredible job. Stroud is the main piece of it:

Dumped Watson for a ton of picks
Tanked for years until they found a real QB
Drafted well: Tank Dell in 3rd round, Nico Collins in 3rd round, etc.
Solid coach and OC hires once they got tired of fukking around hiring lame ducks
Traded up for last year's DROY and added players like Diggs.

Not hating on Stroud as he's their biggest W, but this is a team effort.

JP_614

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Aloha State
At what point does having to use this qualifier become a problem? When does it become a knock against him like other QBs. At some point availability matters.

How much rope does one half get you? I mean shyt Foles won a SB and got shown the door. Goff got to a SB and got shown the door. Not suggesting they get rid of him but making the point that a SB appearance doesnt make you above reproach.
I feel like it becomes a knock when you have consecutive season missed in my opinion. If you out back to back season with injuries that’s when we start knocking but it’s still apart of the game. When these QBs are healthy are you getting it done in the post season.

For the rope I think it all depends on things like how’s the team defense for one. Goff had a Super Bowl ready defense i think they got rid of him to get over that hump. Teams are never the same year after year. Last year I felt that Ravens defense was the real deal I feel like Lamar has rope cause they didn’t have the talent on the offense end.

Copy Ninja

Superstar
Daps
At what point does having to use this qualifier become a problem? When does it become a knock against him like other QBs. At some point availability matters.

How much rope does one half get you? I mean shyt Foles won a SB and got shown the door. Goff got to a SB and got shown the door. Not suggesting they get rid of him but making the point that a SB appearance doesnt make you above reproach.

There's some nuance to this conversation. When you compare him to Foles and Goff, those guys had some good runs, but their peak don't match the sustained peak Burrow showed when he was healthy. Burrow looked like an MVP candidate for those two seasons. Foles had an incredible playoff run, similar to Joe Flacco, but he never sustained it for an entire season where you could say "he's a franchise QB for a team the next decade". It's the same with Goff. He's showed some flashes but he's had some down years even when he's healthy.

I can't see a team giving up on a talent like Burrow even when he's showed some health issues where you can look at Foles and Goff and understand why teams have moved on from them.

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
Herbert is an interesting case. Harbaugh will beat the gunslinger out of him for sure.