Is Joe Burrow The Most Overrated QB?

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Definitely but Bengals fans are starting to get annoyed with his slow starts and constant injuries. Media will soon turn if he has another disappointing season
I dunno. The person who really continues to electric slide is Sunshine down there in Duval

OnlyOneBoss

Superstar
Daps

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
There's some nuance to this conversation. When you compare him to Foles and Goff, those guys had some good runs, but their peak don't match the sustained peak Burrow showed when he was healthy. Burrow looked like an MVP candidate for those two seasons. Foles had an incredible playoff run, similar to Joe Flacco, but he never sustained it for an entire season where you could say "he's a franchise QB for a team the next decade". It's the same with Goff. He's showed some flashes but he's had some down years even when he's healthy.

I can't see a team giving up on a talent like Burrow even when he's showed some health issues where you can look at Foles and Goff and understand why teams have moved on from them.
I am all for nuance. For starters, I clearly said that Burrow is not in those guys shoes, not on their level. I'm not saying they should be looking to move him. But there are levels here. Being hurt for 60% of your career, all different injuries, should at least raise some questions and concerns. He's had as many seasons shortened by injury as he has had nice runs. People act like dude got a decade in and actually closed the deal a time or two, and then had an injury. This is especially relevant considering the discussion surrounding Lamar last summer.

premier58

All Star
Daps
QB talk is the worst it’s ever been.
I blame the media for introducing that dumb ass QB vs. QB talk as if these guys don’t play on the same fukking side of the ball.
Thats been going on for ages, though. Back to the Bradshaw vs Staubach days, Montana vs Marino, Montana vs Elway, Aikman vs Young, Young vs Favre etc.. this isnt some new concept. They used to do Barry vs Emmittz Emmitt vs Thurman, LT vs Priest etc..

Copy Ninja

Superstar
Daps
I am all for nuance. For starters, I clearly said that Burrow is not in those guys shoes, not on their level. I'm not saying they should be looking to move him. But there are levels here. Being hurt for 60% of your career, all different injuries, should at least raise some questions and concerns. He's had as many seasons shortened by injury as he has had nice runs. People act like dude got a decade in and actually closed the deal a time or two, and then had an injury. This is especially relevant considering the discussion surrounding Lamar last summer.

I get the injury concerns and it's fair, but the 'overrated' argument is what I don't agree with.

The discussion around Lamar is that he can't win in the playoffs and that was further cemented last year when his team really should have won the game against the Chiefs. Lamar is 1-4 against Mahomes. Even beyond his record against Mahomes, his playoff performances has not come close to what he does in the regular season. He's a different player.

Lamar is 2-4 in the playoffs
Josh is 5-5
Burrow is 5-2

Burrow is not on Mahomes level, but compared to the other guys on his tier, he's performed better than them in the playoffs.

Last edited:

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple
Is Joe Burrow the most overrated QB right now? I’m not saying he’s not a top ten QB, but it’s laughable when people put him up with Mahomes, and even up there with a handful of other QB’s.

Other than saying intangible and “He just wins”, what is he elite at? People say Lamar is fragile and a risk for injury, especially when it was contract time, but Burrow is injured ALL the time.

I know our resident LSU fan will likely see the LSU player bat signal and come running in here in full defense, but is Burrow the most overrated QB?

NFL media sucks him off violently because he threw 60 tds in his last season at LSU and he beat Mahomes in a playoff game

They think he's Godzilla

His issue is his health and he plays for the Bengals.

He's talented though

Last edited:

BucciMane

Kristina Schulman Bro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Real Titletown
Not currently as the media has him now behind both Allen and Jackson.

As someone else said earlier, a better way of phrasing what I’m trying to convey is that people overlook things about him that they don’t for other players.

I’m not saying he’s not a very good QB, but people brush his poor performances and injuries under the rug and don’t give him the same treatment as other QB’s.