Is Jayson Tatum really THAT much better than Jaylen Brown?

Avisible Man

S/N: 52093850
Daps

GET THIS TS% shyt OUTTA HERE .
BROWN HAS SHOT BETTER THAN TATUM FROM
THE 2 AND THE 3P THE PAST 2 SEASONS AND HES DOING IT IN
THE PLAYOFFS ASWELL.

TS% FACTORS IN FT%
:devil:
:evil:

I never liked how TS% factored in FT shooting, which is a completely different shot, and the same for everyone, where defense has no impact. I always liked looking at EFG% and free throw rate. But the TS% does help illustrate the point that, despite being an inferior ft shooter, Jaylen still is the more efficient / effective scorer.

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
I never liked how TS% factored in FT shooting, which is a completely different shot, and the same for everyone, where defense has no impact. I always liked looking at EFG% and free throw rate. But the TS% does help illustrate the point that, despite being an inferior ft shooter, Jaylen still is the more efficient / effective scorer.

AND IT FACTORS IN FT ATTEMPTS...

SO IF A GUY SHOOTS MORE FREE THROWS AND 3P THAN THE OTHER GUY
IT WILL SKEW THE TS% IN FAVOR OF THE GUY WHO SHOT MORE.

CHECK THIS STUPID shyt OUT....

IN 2016 PLAYOFFS KYRIE SHOT
49% FROM THE 2
44% FROM THE 3
90% FROM THE LINE

THIS POST SEASON TATUM IS
48% FROM THE 2
37% FROM THE 3
83% FROM THE FOUL LINE

KYRIES TS% WAS 57.4
AND TATUMS TS% IS 57.5

Avisible Man

Daps
Celticsblog Fanpost I wrote about Brown being closer to Tatum than you think

I wrote that Fanpost (It's really an article but they :mjpls: in they hiring practices. They got one breh on the whole staff) in March, detailing this exact topic. Y'all should check it out. It's a bit heavy on the text and u can't cuss. I also wrote a couple of articles about Jaylen being :trash: in the fourth quarter, which are even better and more entertaining. I compiled all kinds of data and made charts and shyt. He's been outstanding in the fourth in the playoffs tho.

Avisible Man

Daps

AND IT FACTORS IN FT ATTEMPTS...

SO IF A GUY SHOOTS MORE FREE THROWS AND 3P THAN THE OTHER GUY
IT WILL SKEW THE TS% IN FAVOR OF THE GUY WHO SHOT MORE.

CHECK THIS STUPID shyt OUT....

IN 2016 PLAYOFFS KYRIE SHOT
49% FROM THE 2
44% FROM THE 3
90% FROM THE LINE

THIS POST SEASON TATUM IS
48% FROM THE 2
37% FROM THE 3
83% FROM THE FOUL LINE

KYRIES TS% WAS 57.4
AND TATUMS TS% IS 57.5

Asinine

shocked-stunned.gif

GOAT

The bubble was fraudulent
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This doesn't dispute what I and others are speaking on. Dude has had some stinkers. Also, they were the healthier team in each series. He's laid some stinkers with that fact.
And yet he’s both the leading scorer AND assist man on an NBA Finals team at the age of 24.:unimpressed:

They were not the healthier team vs the Heat. The C’s actually had multiple starters miss multiple games in that series and ever single starter dealing with nagging injuries. The Heat had an “injured” Jimmy Butler when he played bad and a perfectly healthy Butler when he played well. :mjlol:

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town

GET THIS TS% shyt OUTTA HERE.
BROWN HAS SHOT BETTER THAN TATUM FROM
THE 2 AND THE 3P THE PAST 2 SEASONS AND HES DOING IT IN
THE PLAYOFFS ASWELL.

TS% FACTORS IN FT%

Nah. You stop talkin outcha ass making ASSumptions.

I was talking about PER, which is what Tatum has been slightly better than Brown. But like i said, that doesn't tell the full story, hence why i say its 1a/1b that Batman/Robin. jesus fukking christ

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Tatum is not regularly more efficient (by a slight margin)

Jaylen career TS%: 56.9%. In the playoffs: 58.1% This year he's at 57.4% and 58.9% in the playoffs.

Jayson has a TS% of 57.1 for his career and 56.8% in the playoffs. This year, he's at 57.8% and 57.5% in the playoffs.

Brown has been more efficient in the playoffs while Tatum has been down ever so slightly / maintained his regular season performance.

Since 2020, when they've both been 20+ point scorers, Tatum has a TS% of 57.4% and 57.1% in the playoffs. Jaylen has a 58.1 TS% and in the playoffs it's 58.8%.

The fourth quarter scoring (13 more points than Curry) is more impressive when you consider that Brown, Curry, Tatum, and Doncic all have 72 FGA. Jimmy Butler, who is 6th in 4th quarter points, had 75 FGA.

I was talking PER, not TS

Avisible Man

Daps
I was talking PER, not TS

Oh aight. I never look at or consider PER, the made up ESPN stat. I have started looking at this NBA PIE cuz of some apparent correlation to NBA championships. Tatum is at 13.7 this playoffs, down from 15.9 in the regular season. Brown is at 13.0, down from 13.5 in the regular season.

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
Ts% >>>> and its not even close. If you look the leagues most efficient players curry durant formerly harden they get to the line and shoot 3s which is why fts is important in ts%.

Avisible Man

Daps
Ts% >>>> and its not even close. If you look the leagues most efficient players curry durant formerly harden they get to the line and shoot 3s which is why fts is important in ts%.

I understand the value of the catch all TS%. I just like differentiating FTA from FGA. They ain't the same. When I look at the most efficient scorers, I do look at TS%

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps

efg%>>>>>>>>

TS covers up bad raw fg% if you're a high % level ft shooter, whereas efg% is a stat based on pure bucket getting

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Nah. You stop talkin outcha ass making ASSumptions.

I was talking about PER, which is what Tatum has been slightly better than Brown. But like i said, that doesn't tell the full story, hence why i say its 1a/1b that Batman/Robin. jesus fukking christ

DUDE A HIGHER PER
DOESNT MEAN HES MORE EFFICIENT.

ASSIST TOTALS & FT ATTEMPTS PLAY
A LARGE FACTOR INTO P.E R.

Ruck

Where the hell is Diamond?!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Last Frontier
I say Tatum has the better overall skillset, but Brown has better intangibles. Brown is my favorite player and my dream is for him to come and play for my beloved Chicago Bulls.