Is Jayson Tatum really THAT much better than Jaylen Brown?

Daps
Jaylen has been they most consistent player this playoffs and u could really make the case that he's been their best. He was their best player in every ECF he's played with the exception of 2017. I thought he shoulda won the award this year but Tatum was "worthy" enough and he needed that for his ego. Jaylen is my pick for Finals MVP if the C's can pull it off.
How are you making a finals MVP pick with just one game played? :dahell:

Avisible Man

S/N: 52093850
Daps
Celtics can offer more money than anyone else. He will get his Max deal from the Celtics when he is elegible and it seems he likes playing with Tatum/Rob/Smart all under 28 and signed long term.

We heard that before with Kyrie, Al and Gordon Hayward :francis:

Copy Ninja

Superstar
Daps
Tatum ceiling is obviously higher but Brown is more consistent game to game in these offs. Brown gotta tighten that handle to go the next level:ufdup:

I just don't agree with this sentiment. Brown has elite athleticism which allows him to do more. Tatum has length but you can see him get stuck offensively when the guy guarding him is quicker and Tatum can't get around him. Brown has the first step and the leaping ability to get any shot he wants. I will say that from what I've seen since they've joined the C's what really separates them is that Tatum has the mentality that the ball has to touch his hands on every posession while Jaylen often times disappears.

GOAT

The bubble was fraudulent
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:mjlol: It's like all the casual NBA box score watchers decided let's all meet up in this thread and pretend we understand basketball.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town

Jalen been tough!

Tatum is regularly more efficient (by a slight margin) and seems to have higher highs but ultimately it’s more of a 1a/1b dynamic imo

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Also, they were the healthier team in each series.

Nonsense. Smart/Horford/Timelord have all missed games and Timelord still isn't 100%. He's an All-NBA elite defender when healthy. Smart was DPOY and missed games. Horford missed time too.

injuries are a part of the game. Last year the Celts entered the playoffs with no Jaylen Brown.

Avisible Man

S/N: 52093850
Daps

Jalen been tough!

Tatum is regularly more efficient (by a slight margin) and seems to have higher highs but ultimately it’s more of a 1a/1b dynamic imo

Tatum is not regularly more efficient (by a slight margin)

Jaylen career TS%: 56.9%. In the playoffs: 58.1% This year he's at 57.4% and 58.9% in the playoffs.

Jayson has a TS% of 57.1 for his career and 56.8% in the playoffs. This year, he's at 57.8% and 57.5% in the playoffs.

Brown has been more efficient in the playoffs while Tatum has been down ever so slightly / maintained his regular season performance.

Since 2020, when they've both been 20+ point scorers, Tatum has a TS% of 57.4% and 57.1% in the playoffs. Jaylen has a 58.1 TS% and in the playoffs it's 58.8%.

The fourth quarter scoring (13 more points than Curry) is more impressive when you consider that Brown, Curry, Tatum, and Doncic all have 72 FGA. Jimmy Butler, who is 6th in 4th quarter points, had 75 FGA.

Last edited:

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WHODEY/BIGBLUE/SNOWGANG/MIDNIGHTBOYZ
Jaylen seems more consistent. He has weird handles as in theyre actually great but sometimes he just loses the ball. Dunno if he’s just going too fast. He’s improved in like….every area as we go on in his career, so am expecting him to figure out what’s going on and tighten that up. His midrange been looking real reliable as well. I see them being about equal but Tatum does seems to have higher highs.

Regardless, hope they play their whole career together. People tryna split them up and put them against each other. Who cares. They can take turns being 1a or 1b throughout the years.

Mindfield333

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NC
I’ve always wonder why jalen brown took a Robin role when he’s clearly the better player. Good teammate I guess
Nah I wouldn’t say clearly… but Tatum has been playing different since he hurt his shoulder in the least series. And I believe that’s why he’s being more of a playmaker and bricking

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO

GET THIS TS% shyt OUTTA HERE.
BROWN HAS SHOT BETTER THAN TATUM FROM
THE 2 AND THE 3P THE PAST 2 SEASONS AND HES DOING IT IN
THE PLAYOFFS ASWELL.

TS% FACTORS IN FT%
:devil:
:evil: