Is it widely known that Hip Hop/Rap was born in Jamaica?

Kritic

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:ohlawd:this is why i should just have never come into the booth.

hey, i really don't give a shyt about hiphop. it's all just music to some of us.

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps

hey, i really don't give a shyt about hiphop.
it's all just music to some of us.

:whoa:

WOdylaF.png

Kritic

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
what L are you fuqqin talking about?
you don't even have reading comprehension.
how old are you?

this thing you call hiphop isn't important to me. are you trying to understand hiphop from youtube or lived through the 80's and 90s...

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
what L are you fuqqin talking about?
you don't even have reading comprehension.
how old are you?

You said said HipHop originated from different cultures and made an incorrect remark about moonwalking and then you post a video that doesn't support your claims. I then show that moonwalking was a dance informed by Afram street dance culture and that the video you posted, (thinking it backed your claims of HipHop coming from numerous cultures) was basically saying that Disco was the father of HipHop. I then showed that Disco came from Afram culture also, you then post...

hey, i really don't give a shyt about hiphop. it's all just music to some of us.

You wasn't on that tip until I came with that ether

this thing you call hiphop isn't important to me. are you trying to understand hiphop from youtube or lived through the 80's and 90s...

You even had the nerve bring up HipHop's origins owing something to jews who infact came like almost a decade later after the culture was born:mjlol:

Kritic

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You said said HipHop originated from different cultures and made an incorrect remark about moonwalking and then you post a video that doesn't support your claims. I then show that moonwalking was a dance informed by Afram street dance culture and that the video you posted, (thinking it backed your claims of HipHop coming from numerous cultures) was basically saying that Disco was the father of HipHop. I then showed that Disco came from Afram culture also, you then post...

You wasn't on that tip until I came with that ether

You even had the nerve bring up HipHop's origins owing something to jews who infact came like almost a decade later after the culture was born:mjlol:
i meant to post the moonwalking vid to disapprove what ppl think was a move created by mj. there are many people, if not most people who believe that. jsut like there are many people who believe hiphop came from the bronx.

you thinking i don't care about hiphop because of your "ether":mjlol:. i guess you think i cared about it before this thread.

hiphop owes its origins to everyone. before it, during and repping it. black, white, carribean, african, jewish, european, asian, puerto rican etc.... everyone that reps it is hiphop... no one has a monopoly on hiphop. anything anyone says about hiphop is just opinion really....

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps

From the man himself, Kool Herc. He tells the story himself, and none of the stuff we were taught, he says. He never says his stuff came from Jamaica. This just shows you how lies can spread, and become truth, if the truth isn't told.

Nice

bouncy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I noticed he said his system was not a reggae sound system meaning it didn't emphasize bass. Loving the equipment side, that is a big thing, considering some keep saying his style came from Jamaica.

I do love that Jamaican bass though:noah:

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
I should repost these here:yeshrug:

This is considered the first jamaican "deejay" (toasting) song on record.

Sir Lord Comics, "Ska-ing West" in 1966

Listen to the syncopation and cadence, then compare that to these 1940's Gospel related songs...

@ 34 secs:blessed:

and............

The first modern rappers in he scene(s) that birth HipHop were actually Disco Dj"s!!. For the record, Coke La Rock didn't rap like a modern rapper and he's actually from North Carolina

The first people in NYC to "Rap" on the mic were these Disco DJ's like Dj Hollywood and Lovebug Starski . The Kool Herc school of "Mcing" which started off with his main sidekick/MC by name of Coka La Rock . The confusion as where to Rapping started comes from the misconception that American Rapping evolved out of Jamaican "Toasting" via Coke La Rock who was thought to thought to be of Jamaican descent

"The first emcee in hip hop history has been ignored and disrespected for far too long. That is why he will be the first representative of the original hip hop generation to be inducted into the High Times Counterculture Hall of Fame at the High Times Cannabis Cup in Amsterdam on November 25, 2010. In this video, Coke discusses how he got his name (from drinking chocolate milk), some of the errors in fact that have been circulated about him, and talks in detail about the night Kool Herc was stabbed at a party, an event which led to Coke withdrawing from the hip hop scene just as Grandmaster Flash, the L Brothers, The Funky Four, and the Cold Crush Brothers were emerging to take hip hop to new heights."

Herc and Coke La Rock did not rap or do syncopated talking that rhymes while flowing to a beat/music. What Coke La Rock did was more like a radio Dj which is more like Jamaican toasting. Now, the question is, what is the relationship between American Rapping and Jamaican Toasting? The connection is oldschool Afram Jive speak/patter/other oral traditions! Jamaican Toasting is an offshoot of Afram Jive that Jamaicans picked up on in the 1940's/50's from Black Radio DJ and Jazz R&B records. Read below..

New interview with Caz confirming everything I said....

1. There were no rappers in the modern sense in the Kool Herc scene inn the early days HipHop

2. Coke La Rock was the one talking on the mic not Herc and neither of them rapped in the modern sense. He did shout outs/freelance talking

3. Dj Hollywood was the only one rapping in the modern sense back then

@ 3:19

@ 4:43

"Dj Hollywood was thee blueprint for the syncopated style"

:sas2: