Is having a conscience a good or bad thing?

you're NOT "n!ggas"

FKA ciroq drobama
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Astronomy (8th light)
of course its "good" but damn that, i just see it as difficult... especially when it comes to tryna justify it-- as a young nikka i mean... cuz comin up i found myself in situations where my boys would take advantage and i aint and it'd be like "shyt! :damn: why i gotta be the one with a conscience :to:" BUT, i'm comin to learn in the long run that it pans out... i used to be the inferior nikka but we comin to a point now where that really cant last much longer. i'm in a steady climb now while the rest peaked and plateaued. its difficult, but its worth it.

Daps
having a conscience is definitely a good thing, but it will not help you in this world.

AllHolosEve

Her Name Is Mistress Death
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SouthSide, MPLS
the conscience is not just better judgement, its also your fear!!! you gotta know the difference between somethin bein harmful & you bein scared!!! its not good or bad, its all how you utilize it that matters!!!! cowards always use this excuse, tyrants use it too!!! its subjective!!!!! i have morals but dont feel remorse so they say i have no conscience, but i do!!!! make up your own mind.....

a conscious inhibits you...... doesnt mean its bad though........

KnowledgeIsQueen

Duality Duel
Daps
Reppin
Brooknam
your physical you? or the part(s) of you non-physical? if non-physical, what aspects?

Whatever I feel inwardly manifests itself outwardly (and vice versa). Therefore IMO, it's a compartmentalization of both.

I believe once one feels the need to label what cannot be put into words causes unnecessary confusion. I cannot state what aspect of my being my conscience resides, but it exists.

In short, attempting to explain what's innate is often lost through translation.

Daps
Reppin
Twin Cities
i like that, yes, i know what you mean.

it's difficult to explain something personal and subjective.

:cheers:

i also think there's a bigger consciousness, to our smaller personal consciousness - not unlike a drop of water in the ocean.

Daps
Reppin
Twin Cities
rocksteady have you read about this

Collective unconscious - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

as for your question, I believe consciousness is just a result of our physical mind

yes.

i understand where you're coming from.

objectively speaking, i think that is true (of what can be sensed, measured and agreed upon by others).

but what about subjectively? what about personally and emotionally (for lack of a better word)?

zerozero

Superstar
Daps
yes.

i understand where you're coming from.

objectively speaking, i think that is true (of what can be sensed, measured and agreed upon by others).

but what about subjectively? what about personally and emotionally (for lack of a better word)?

I don't have any special feelings about where my thoughts are coming from that are separate from where I think thoughts generally come from :yeshrug: it's just little messages passing between cells in my brain as far as I'm concerned

that doesn't make it any less 'meaningful' to me, like I don't need it to be mystical in terms of its physical manifestation to be amazing in terms of its conceptual results

KnowledgeIsQueen

Duality Duel
Daps
Reppin
Brooknam