Is Ghanaian food the best food in Africa?

AB Ziggy

Banned
Daps
You can’t go wrong with West African foods. Regardless of country.

In fact we should have African food competitions that would be nice to see or Africa vs the diaspora.:ohhh:

Damn I’d like to organize that.

We already have those competitions here. You should come to NYC :salute:

We also got a huge music festival coming this weekend also

Last edited:

Karb

Veteran
Daps
The only thing I got from this thread is that if I want to try some Nigerian I will not ask a Ghanaians opinion and if I want to try Ghanaian I will not ask a Nigerians opinion :mjlol:

This reminds me when I stayed at Silver Speing and the hotel worker at the desk whose Eritrean told me to avoid Ethiopian at all cost and that they don’t cook food and eat everyone raw :russ::wow::gucci:

I thought Eritreans ate raw meat too?? I think it's called Kitfo.

@2Quik4UHoes :lupe:

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn keeps on taking it.
Both Haitian and Jamaican or any other island's native fried chicken is horrible compared to the American ones. The only time fried chicken is good there is when they use the american formula which is pretty much over breading it and getting all the seasonsing in the breading from what i can tell. Even then it still sucks in comparison when Caribbean people make it.
Yeah AAs got this fried chicken and cornbread game on lock :manny:

But my love is that broil :whew:

sheet-pan-low-country-boil-broil-14.jpg

Broil is goat. I eat more of that since I’m getting tired of soul food.

I already know AA fried chicken is goat cause each time I bring a Haitian girl to a spot like Amy Ruth’s soul food they always want to come back :feedme:

AB Ziggy

Banned
Daps
The only thing I got from this thread is that if I want to try some Nigerian I will not ask a Ghanaians opinion and if I want to try Ghanaian I will not ask a Nigerians opinion :mjlol:

This reminds me when I stayed at Silver Speing and the hotel worker at the desk whose Eritrean told me to avoid Ethiopian at all cost and that they don’t cook food and eat everyone raw :russ::wow::gucci:

That's how it is breh. Both our countries tend to get really competitive against each other when it comes to mentioning anything food, football, and music. It's been like this since even the colonial days :russ:

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
Broil is goat. I eat more of that since I’m getting tired of soul food.

I already know AA fried chicken is goat cause each time I bring a Haitian girl to a spot like Amy Ruth’s soul food they always want to come back :feedme:
Never was a fan of typical american "soul food". I like BBQ but without the BBQ sauce. I dont care for colard greens. Hate what they call "yams" and i hate baked beans. Macaroni and cheese is always disappointing.
I like their version of potato salad and bacon has grown on me, tho.:takedat:

To this day if i go to an AA cookout and they put baked beans on my plate i'm tempted to toss all the food out and get another plate. It's just me. I hate sweet foods and AAs seem to love it when you look at their baked beans, "yams", coleslaw and them sweet BBQ sauces.

The Odum of Ala Igbo

Hail Biafra!
Daps
Reppin
The Republic of Biafra
As a Ghanaian it would be unpatriotic to not claim our food as the crowning glory of Africa.

I give props to Sierra Leone - they can throw down.

Naija food tends to smell like their sewers :scust:

I laugh at Ghanaian cuisine. I tried your jollof once (at a Naija v Ghana competition) and it tasted like dry indomie noodles. I fell out of my chair laughing. Your cooks love disgrace ooo!
:ooh:

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn keeps on taking it.
Never was a fan of typical american "soul food". I like BBQ but without the BBQ sauce. I dont care for colard greens. Hate what they call "yams" and i hate baked beans. Macaroni and cheese is always disappointing.
I like their version of potato salad and bacon has grown on me, tho.:takedat:

To this day if i go to an AA cookout and they put baked beans on my plate i'm tempted to toss all the food out and get another plate. It's just me. I hate sweet foods and AAs seem to love it when you look at their baked beans, "yams", coleslaw and them sweet BBQ sauces.

Caribbean people in general often ask why Americans like so much sweet food. My dad hates all types of sweet flavored chicken :mjlol:

He also doesn’t understand how Americans can eat Frosted Flakes every morning :mjlol:

JDH

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I thought Eritreans ate raw meat too?? I think it's called Kitfo.

@2Quik4UHoes :lupe:
Eritreans dont eat raw meat what are you on about

Edit - My bad, didnt read the rest of your post lol. Eritreans do eat kitfo too, although i dont think its as common among eritreans as ethiopians but I could be wrong. But kitfo can be eaten both cooked or raw so when you say raw meat u are usually referring to "tire siga" (means raw meat). Eritreans dont eat that. We leave that to the amharas.
8183989246_7a89db5fa9_b.jpg

At 2:42 in this video you can see how he cooks kitfo in this ethiopian restaurant:

@Karbaash

Last edited: