Is Ghanaian food the best food in Africa?

Ya?

Banned
Daps
nah... the swahili staples like biriyani, ugali, mandazi, chapati, etc. don't hold a candle to the west african counterparts (jollof, fufu, sweet plantain).

west african cuisine is next level with the flavor game
Chapati is Indian/Pakistani...Biriyani is some kind of midddle eastern/south Asian. Only Kenyan thing is ugali and Mandazi.

West Africans are the masters of complex flavours. When you look at good cooking thoughout the diaspora it comes mainly from west and a bit of Central Africans. East African cuisine has been overtaken by Indian/middle eastern cuisine. It doesn’t taste bad but sorry it isn’t impressive.

BillBanneker

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nah, I'ma go with the Senegalese fam on this one.

I should've learned how to make fish and fried rice dish when I had the chance.:mjcry:

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
:scust::scust::scust::scust::scust::scust::scust:

The best african food by far is African American :takedat::takedat::takedat:
maxresdefault.jpg

:lawd::lawd::lawd::lawd::lawd:

Plus Cajun counts too :ufdup:

CrawfishEtouffee_LTcom_recipesshoot_SBenson_SB0002-web.jpg

:ahh::ahh::ahh::ahh:
Meh...

WHen it comes to African American foods all i can say is
  1. Ya'll fried chicken is second to none. Caribbean people dont know how to make fried chicken the way ya'll do.
  2. My undying love is that thing they call "low country broil". Fat chicks be having me thinking about ring sizes feeding me this shyt :ohlawd:
  3. and Shrimp & Grits is also my shyt

Outside of that...meh..
BarbeQue is highly highly highly highly overrated. God forbid ya'll put them BBQ sauces on there and it becomes even worse like :gag: to me. Ya'll mac&Cheese is :scust:. And that both from white and black americans. I just dont care for the way Americans make macaroni and cheese, period.
And i cant eat fish the way americans make it either. I love fish but the way ya'll make it....Just not my thing :whoa:

Edit: Oh i forgot. Thanks for inventing cornbread, tho. That shyt is crack :ohlawd:

Last edited:

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn keeps on taking it.
Meh...

WHen it comes to African American foods all i can say is
  1. Ya'll fried chicken is second to none. Caribbean people dont know how to make fried chicken the way ya'll do.
  2. My undying love is that thing they call "low country broil". Fat chicks be having me thinking about ring sizes feeding me this shyt :ohlawd:
  3. and Shrimp & Grits is also my shyt

Outside of that...meh..
BarbeQue is highly highly highly highly overrated. God forbid ya'll put them BBQ sauces on there and it becomes even worse like :gag: to me. Ya'll mac&Cheese is :scust:. And that both from white and black americans. I just dont care for the way Americans make macaroni and cheese, period.

Edit: Oh i forgot. Thanks for inventing cornbread, tho. That shyt is crack :ohlawd:

Especially Jamaicans they love fried chicken but suck at making it lol!

I need my Jamaican friends to invite me over for a home cooked fried chicken meal cause the Jamaican restaurants hold massive Ls in that department lol.

Haitian fried chicken is completely different and it resembles some of the chicken legs that the Ghanaians are posting on this thread!

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
Especially Jamaicans they love fried chicken but suck at making it lol!

I need my Jamaican friends to invite me over for a home cooked fried chicken meal cause the Jamaican restaurants hold massive Ls in that department lol.

Haitian fried chicken is completely different and it resembles some of the chicken legs that the Ghanaians are posting on this thread!
Both Haitian and Jamaican or any other island's native fried chicken is horrible compared to the American ones. The only time fried chicken is good there is when they use the american formula which is pretty much over breading it and getting all the seasonsing in the breading from what i can tell. Even then it still sucks in comparison when Caribbean people make it.
Yeah AAs got this fried chicken and cornbread game on lock :manny:

But my love is that broil :whew:

sheet-pan-low-country-boil-broil-14.jpg

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn keeps on taking it.
The only thing I got from this thread is that if I want to try some Nigerian I will not ask a Ghanaians opinion and if I want to try Ghanaian I will not ask a Nigerians opinion :mjlol:

This reminds me when I stayed at Silver Speing and the hotel worker at the desk whose Eritrean told me to avoid Ethiopian at all cost and that they don’t cook food and eat everyone raw :russ::wow::gucci: