Is Ghanaian food the best food in Africa?

8====D

¡Vamos Spurs Vamos!
Daps
Reppin
210 | 334
I want to venture into African cuisine, but this thread fell flat. I'll do some extensive research myself.

L&HH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
PG x MD
Tbh a lot of west african food is the exact same from country to country (at least between Nigeria Ghana) just cooked or seasoned differently

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
@The Odum of Ala Igbo

This ish was :noah:
PSX_20180621_200428.jpg

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
Caribbean people in general often ask why Americans like so much sweet food. My dad hates all types of sweet flavored chicken :mjlol:

He also doesn’t understand how Americans can eat Frosted Flakes every morning :mjlol:
Wonder why diabetes and obesity is so out of control.

I don't get it. I love spicy and hot but sweet??? There are bet Very few things I like sweet.

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn keeps on taking it.
Wonder why diabetes and obesity is so out of control.

I don't get it. I love spicy and hot but sweet??? There are bet Very few things I like sweet.

I won’t lie to you brother I like sweet food myself.

I actually now hate anything that’s sweet for breakfast.

But when it comes to eating good dinner food I like all the sweet trash.

So I love bbq sauce, honey chicken, Polynesian sauce from chick-fil-a :feedme:

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
I thought Eritreans ate raw meat too?? I think it's called Kitfo.

@2Quik4UHoes :lupe:

I’m Ethiopian so I can’t say if Eri’s eat that since they’re culturally the more northern Habeshas while the raw meat dishes came from further south. For the record I’ve had em all. Not really an all the time thing, but if I had to recommend I’d say kitfo since it’s buttered and seasoned well.

As for this thread, I gotta try all African food first but I’m interested in trying Swahili since it’s a fusion of so many different countries. I need to see how y’all waryaas make Sambusas compared to ours. And I still need to take the jollof challenge between Nigeria and Ghana too. nikkaz sleep but Africa got all types of food. :noah:

Enzo

The Great
Daps
Reppin
DMV
Ethiopian food is my favorite but of course, I’m bias.

One thing i have noticed is that I don’t see many african takeout or sit down restaurants. In DC, where I live, Ethiopian is almost on par with sushi, Pho, or any other dining out cuisine IE. People go out once a week and might have Italian one week, ethiopian the next. However, these are all Mom and pops enterprises. We are still years away from a Panda Express, chipotle, etc

im_sleep

Superstar
Daps
Never was a fan of typical american "soul food". I like BBQ but without the BBQ sauce. I dont care for colard greens. Hate what they call "yams" and i hate baked beans. Macaroni and cheese is always disappointing.
I like their version of potato salad and bacon has grown on me, tho.:takedat:

To this day if i go to an AA cookout and they put baked beans on my plate i'm tempted to toss all the food out and get another plate. It's just me. I hate sweet foods and AAs seem to love it when you look at their baked beans, "yams", coleslaw and them sweet BBQ sauces.
I’m kinda ehh on baked beans being considered Soul Food. I’m not too big on them anyway.

You gotta have some black eyed peas, red beans and rice, butter beans, etc. Not sweet at all.

Now I can’t help you if you don’t like collard greens or our yams tho
:hubie:

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
I won’t lie to you brother I like sweet food myself.

I actually now hate anything that’s sweet for breakfast.

But when it comes to eating good dinner food I like all the sweet trash.

So I love bbq sauce, honey chicken, Polynesian sauce from chick-fil-a :feedme:
That's because you're grew up here and/or got used to the foods here to the point that the threshold for sweets in your taste buds is much higher.

Even simple things here in the U.S. like peanut butter and regular bread have a certain amount of sugar in them. I love peanut butter and usually get mines when my aunt is coming from Haiti. Evey now i'll taste the ones here in comparison and they taste so sweet to me. That's because my tastebuds havent adapted to the sweetened ones here even tho it's supposed to be the plain ones.

The food industry here has ruined americans to the point where you;re used to it while others that arent get a sugar high from your plain bread.