Is Gamepass hurting multiplatform game sales? *RE8 bombs on Xbox*

breakfuss

#SHAMBLES
Supporter
Daps
Imagine trying to contort your mind around disliking Gamepass. A company introduces a service that showers people with games and some of you manage to have a problem with it. Meanwhile game prices continue to become obscenely high. Imagine living in a a developing economy. "It's just $70" translates to half the monthly income for some. Hell even in the States that's expensive for a lot of families. A lot of yall like to invoke "growin' up in da hood" :mjpls: or whatever but can't see how this makes gaming accessible to more people? GP is a fukking industry disrupter and no one ever has a good argument for why they're so offended by it.

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Imagine trying to contort your mind around disliking Gamepass. A company introduces a service that showers people with games and some of you manage to have a problem with it. Meanwhile game prices continue to become obscenely high. Imagine living in a a developing economy. "It's just $70" translates to half the monthly income for some. Hell even in the States that's expensive for a lot of families. A lot of yall like to invoke "growin' up in da hood" :mjpls: or whatever but can't see how this makes gaming accessible to more people? GP is a fukking industry disrupter and no one ever has a good argument for why they're so offended by it.
It’s a service filled with mediocre trash. How is it a disruptor when subscribers are falling and the majority of the subscribers are using discount $1 sales passes. It’s so bad now Microsoft has even stopped announcing games pass subscriber numbers

If the system gets better with good games I’ll give it it’s due but currently it’s not.:mjlol:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Halo infinite is the most complete AAA game to come out in a while.

Topping some GOTY lists.

and you furious :umad:

No co-op, no ray tracing, no forge, one biome, broken multiplayer progression, lack of maps, no anti-cheat….yeah, sure.

Speaking in the latest Halo Infinite development update, creative lead Joseph Staten was asked whether, given the recently-announced delays to campaign co-op and Forge, the team had considered delaying the game again to ensure those features could be included.

In response, Staten said "Yeah, I mean we talked about doing that. But where we landed is that Halo Infinite is a live game, so it isn't ever really 'done'. It's going to progress and evolve from season to season. We talk about launch being the beginning of that journey, but to have a beginning, you need to pick a moment and actually begin."

Aka well get to it when we get to it

Deman

All Star
Daps
it's always the ones who never used it

i wanna hear ppl who used it and dont like it

breakfuss

#SHAMBLES
Supporter
Daps
It’s a service filled with mediocre trash. How is it a disruptor when subscribers are falling and the majority of the subscribers are using discount $1 sales passes. It’s so bad now Microsoft has even stopped announcing games pass subscriber numbers

If the system gets better with good games I’ll give it it’s due but currently it’s not.:mjlol:
Every game won't be for every person. But if you're seriously about to argue there's nothing there you'd enjoy I don't know what to say. Sure there's room for improvement but that's how all subscription services start. Do you remember Netflix in its early days? They didn't start putting out original content until 2013. Spotify? shyt like Prince, Jay-Z, The Beatles...all that shyt was missing at first. It takes time for things to get worked out. MS has invested over 10 billion in studio acquisitions and yall still hating.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land

Game Informer's Top 10 Games Of 2021

Goty and 5 of the top ten for the year

“mediocre trash”

Sony stans wild :mjlol:

Just say you’re too broke to afford and Xbox :mjlol:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Every game won't be for every person. But if you're seriously about to argue there's nothing there you'd enjoy I don't know what to say. Sure there's room for improvement but that's how all subscription services start. Do you remember Netflix in its early days? They didn't start putting out original content until 2013. Spotify? shyt like Prince, Jay-Z, The Beatles...all that shyt was missing at first. It takes time for things to get worked out. MS has invested over 10 billion in studio acquisitions and yall still hating.

I can honestly say with my whole chest theres nothing that released on gamepass this year that I needed to play or couldn’t wait for a port of. A lot of the more interesting games are timed indies which aren’t more than 20 dollars

As far as full priced releases the only overlap i have had this year was psychonauts 2, which i got heavily discounted anyway

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan

In reality we know you'll just attack those games and criticize them because of the company they originated from. It's easy to see you aren't excited for Game Pass and the potential it has. You'd prefer it fails again because of the company it originates from.

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
In reality we know you'll just attack those games and criticize them because of the company they originated from. It's easy to see you aren't excited for Game Pass and the potential it has. You'd prefer it fails again because of the company it originates from.
The Xbox 360 is one of my top consoles of all time. I’ve made threads on here praising and stanning the console and its many great games. If gamepass gets great games that makes it worth buying an XSX and subscribing, I’ll get it. Right now it’s trash.

I’m not some rabid Microsoft hater. Fact is the company has fallen off since the 360 days. The Xbox One was one of the worst consoles ever made, games wise and so far there’s not a single exclusive game on the Series X that interests me.