Is Gamepass hurting multiplatform game sales? *RE8 bombs on Xbox*

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
The Xbox 360 is one of my top consoles of all time. I’ve made threads on here praising and stanning the console and its many great games. If gamepass gets great games that makes it worth buying an XSX and subscribing, I’ll get it. Right now it’s trash.

I’m not some rabid Microsoft hater. Fact is the company has fallen off since the 360 days. The Xbox One was one of the worst consoles ever made, games wise and so far there’s not a single exclusive game on the Series X that interests me.
Wow.

That's crazy.

Not even mid, huh? Just trash?

breakfuss

#SHAMBLES
Supporter
Daps
I can honestly say with my whole chest theres nothing that released on gamepass this year that I needed to play or couldn’t wait for a port of. A lot of the more interesting games are timed indies which aren’t more than 20 dollars

As far as full priced releases the only overlap i have had this year was psychonauts 2, which i got heavily discounted anyway
Well you either have an extreme niche taste in games or are lying. Deathloop isn't on GP on account of a technicality but I know you played that. You made the damn Scarlet Nexus OT so I'm assuming you played that. Psychonauts as you mentioned. So that already exceeds the retail value of a year of GP after only listing 3 games. I don't even need to proceed further :francis:.

What you're also not considering is the shyt you thought you wouldn't ever try. I thought there was no way I would buy that "Yakuza nonsense" but I played 0 and actually liked it. Ironically ended up buying Judgement on Playstation because of it lmao. Exposure to different shyt is what you're also conveniently overlooking.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I can honestly say with my whole chest theres nothing that released on gamepass this year that I needed to play or couldn’t wait for a port of. A lot of the more interesting games are timed indies which aren’t more than 20 dollars

As far as full priced releases the only overlap i have had this year was psychonauts 2, which i got heavily discounted anyway
I got an Xbox Series X sitting in my house I didn't really even pay for out of pocket and 3 years of Game Pass cost me $153 total. After those 3 years I could then turn around and sell that Xbox Series X and I'd come out at a profit for what everything cost as long as I could get $154 for selling the console that retails for $500 currently.

Because I don't have an irrational hatred to the Xbox brand I could do that. Granted I sold 2 Xbox Series X consoles I preordered and kept the 3rd it took little to no work on my part to do that. Even if I only got 1 extra and sold it for a $250 profit the entire thing would cost me maybe the $250 left over and the $153 for the 3 year conversion. After 3 years the probability is it either cost me next to nothing or I break even.

Why pay more than I have to? Even "heavily discounted" is still paying more than I need to.

Your arguments aren't formed from a value perspective they're formed because you don't like Microsoft.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Well you either have an extreme niche taste in games or are lying. Deathloop isn't on GP on account of a technicality but I know you played that. You made the damn Scarlet Nexus OT so I'm assuming you played that. Psychonauts as you mentioned. So that already exceeds the retail value of a year of GP after only listing 3 games. I don't even need to proceed further :francis:.

What you're also not considering is the shyt you thought you wouldn't ever try. I thought there was no way I would buy that "Yakuza nonsense" but I played 0 and actually liked it. Ironically ended up buying Judgement on Playstation because of it lmao. Exposure to different shyt is what you're also conveniently overlooking.

Deathloop isn’t on gamepass or xbox so I’m not sure why you’re even mentioning it lol. Scarlet nexus wasn’t day 1 on gamepass so i would have bought it anyway like most people in the OT did and i paid 30 dollars for psychonauts 2.

And yeah, sorry but the “just trying” shyt isn’t appealing to me. I dont turn on my tv every evening and look for games to play. I dont even do that for tv shows. I look up what i want and i play it, i dont just randomly channel surf on netflix and i dont really have interest in doing it for games either. I have a good idea of the type of games I like, already.

It’s why i dont download a lot of the ps plus or subscribe to psnow, I’m just not interested.

Last edited:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I got an Xbox Series X sitting in my house I didn't really even pay for out of pocket and 3 years of Game Pass cost me $153 total. After those 3 years I could then turn around and sell that Xbox Series X and I'd come out at a profit for what everything cost as long as I could get $154 for selling the console that retails for $500 currently.

Because I don't have an irrational hatred to the Xbox brand I could do that. Granted I sold 2 Xbox Series X consoles I preordered and kept the 3rd it took little to no work on my part to do that. Even if I only got 1 extra and sold it for a $250 profit the entire thing would cost me maybe the $250 left over and the $153 for the 3 year conversion. After 3 years the probability is it either cost me next to nothing or I break even.

Why pay more than I have to? Even "heavily discounted" is still paying more than I need to.

Your arguments aren't formed from a value perspective they're formed because you don't like Microsoft.

Not even gonna bother responding to you, its always the same arguments lol “you hate microsoft, you hate saving money :damn:
Like nikka, shut up..i had xbox and xbox 360. When series x gets games i want to play I’ll get that too. It’s not that deep. I’m not buying a console for gamepass

breakfuss

#SHAMBLES
Supporter
Daps
Deathloop isn’t on gamepass so I’m not sure why you’re even mentioning it lol. Scarlet nexus wasn’t day 1 on gamepass so i would have bought it anyway like most people in the OT did and i paid 30 dollars for psychonauts 2.

And yeah, sorry but the “just trying” shyt isn’t appealing to me. I dont turn on my tv every evening and look for games to play. I dont even do that for tv shows. I look up what i want and i play it, i dont just randomly channel surf on netflix and i dont really have interest in doing it for games either. I have a good idea of the type of games I like, already.

It’s why i dont download a lot of the ps plus games, I’m just not interested.
Hm. Alright then. I mean, I like what I like as well but I also enjoy being put on to things. I imagine that's why a lot of us joined a forum like coli. Who tf consumes media in a vacuum lol?

And I mentioned those three games to illustrate the value prop of GP. Deathloop is an anomaly but I'll let you run with it.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Not even gonna bother responding to you, its always the same arguments lol “you hate microsoft, you hate saving money :damn:
Like nikka, shut up..i had xbox and xbox 360. When series x gets games i want to play I’ll get that too. It’s not that deep
They way you gleefully post any negative Microsoft news you come across it's comical that you try to front like you don't hate them. The fact that you try to present it like it's some fair and balanced slant and the only thing stopping you is the games do you honestly think you're fooling anybody?

How does one celebrate the failures of another then try to position themselves as if they aren't a hater?

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
They way you gleefully post any negative Microsoft news you come across it's comical that you try to front like you don't hate them. The fact that you try to present it like it's some fair and balanced slant and the only thing stopping you is the games do you honestly think you're fooling anybody?

How does one celebrate the failures of another then try to position themselves as if they aren't a hater?

I dont hate “microsoft” (i kinda do dislike windows though) IIIII “dislike” xbox stans. The same way they run on here and gleefully post negative shyt about playstation or try and spam the forum with gamepass threads and you don’t respond most the time.

If there was a no console wars rule on here i wouldn’t even flinch, but yall been on this type of time long before i started posting here so dont act like I’m Stalin sony stan, king of console wars. Most of yall been going back and forth for over 10 years and still try and act like you dont have a bias. I can pull up sheets on any one of you dating back to 2013 with your incessant stannery of one platform or another, yet yall still try and sit here and act like its only me and court keeping the war alive.

Just stop. Most of us here are bored bullshytting to past the time. It’s just like talking shyt at the water cooler about a knicks game, people get into it but no one is losing sleep over it. Thats why i don’t get personal with people on here.

When xbox comes out with even 3 games i want to play I’ll buy the console, play the games and probably still continue to shyt on it just like i do with nintendo.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I dont hate “microsoft” (i kinda do dislike windows though) IIIII “dislike” xbox stans. The same way they run on here and gleefully post negative shyt about playstation or try and spam the forum with gamepass threads and you don’t respond most the time.

If there was a no console wars rule on here i wouldn’t even flinch, but yall been on this type of time long before i started posting here so dont act like I’m Stalin sony stan, king of console wars. Most of yall been going back and forth for over 10 years and still try and act like you dont have a bias. I can pull up sheets on any one of you dating back to 2013 with your incessant stannery of one platform or another, yet yall still try and sit here and act like its only me and court keeping the war alive.

Just stop. Most of us here are bored bullshytting to past the time. It’s just like talking shyt at the water cooler about a knicks game, people get into it but no one is losing sleep over it. Thats why i don’t get personal with people on here.

When xbox comes out with even 3 games i want to play I’ll buy the console, play the games and probably still continue to shyt on it just like i do with nintendo.
Sony stans:mjlol:

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I’m not the one running around making up lies trying to convince myself and others PS5 aint shyt :mjpls:
One console has sold about 15m in its first year, the other has sold about 6m total. Seems to me like I’m not the only person who thinks the Series X ain’t shyt :mjlol:

The Series S is still rotting on store shelves worldwide by the way