Is Gamepass hurting multiplatform game sales? *RE8 bombs on Xbox*

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I guess you would have plenty of extra time to play games waiting on hyped up games and 1st party exclusives year round.

:ehh:

There isn't enough time in the week for me to catch up with backlog, play the games I like, and play all the new releases at launch

Thankfully gamepass provides an alternative to that, and not only that it's enhanced most times also :banderas:

I don’t really get that...lol

I have time to be hyped about new games because i dont have 10000 games over the last 10 years on a checklist to go through. I play a game, I finish it and i take a break on gaming if nothing else is out. I had 7 years to play last gen games, IIIIII like most people who have bought a new console want new next gen experiences.

I’m not trying to play ps3 games non-stop for 6 months.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
The point you my understanding of the devs already knew that those people who waiting on game pass wasn’t gonna cop either way. So they not counting those dollars. And they know the user based on said consoles and they aren’t PlayStation stans and can do basic math.

If I have 10 cookies I have 2 groups of kids, one group has 7 members and the other group has 3 I’m gonna expect group with the 7 members to buy more cookies.

I’m not gonna account for the less sales from the 2nd group cause they can get them free once they stale, I’m gonna account for the less sales cause they have less users trying to buy. So unless they gonna discontinue making games for Xbox cause they user base never gonna be on par with PlayStation this times exclusive shyt you saying will never a thing.

long as it sells on par % wise to the user base I’m sure the pleased. And when the game is old they can release it on game pass to another base who can try the game and when they release another that base gonna have people become fans of the series and buy it on release

They will always make games for xbox because there will always be a gamepass deal for 3rd party publishers. Microsoft can only survive with a constant stream of content, and until they get their 1st party studios up and running (still years away) they gotta hand these deals out like candy. It’s just like netflix, they couldn’t have made it to where they are now without licensing a bunch of tv shows.

Now they are making their own, while not very good, they have to release new stuff every week to remain competitive. It’s even worse for gaming because it takes far longer to make a good game than a good movie or tv show

8.TRES

All Star
Daps
Honestly if I had Gamepass I wouldn't buy any games, I would just wait for them to show up on GP.

thats always what i thought gamepass was for, an alternative to buying big ticket games at full price for folk who dont play often but still like to play

i figured the whole point was to appeal to the casual video game player who likes to have a large clip of games to play whenever they get the time to indulge

same pocket that netflix occupies in cinema

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
thats always what i thought gamepass was for, an alternative to buying big ticket games at full price for folk who dont play often but still like to play

i figured the whole point was to appeal to the casual video game player who likes to have a large clip of games to play whenever they get the time to indulge

That is the point, but now that it looks bad for multiplatform game sales they are trying to spin a different story. It’s bizarre

Ineedmoney504

SOHH ICEY...WE EATIN
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY N.O.
I mean I have had a gamepass subscription basically since it started on Xbox One so I’m not hating. I just don’t have a problem purchasing games I like either as I know that helps the studios keep the quality games coming. But thing with me is I use game pass as a secondary thing. Not as my main line of gaming. I used it because I also game on PC. It gives me access certain games on PC and it also lets me play older games or games I wouldn’t have purchased in the first place. I have vouched for it when it comes to that from the beginning. I never copped a Series X cause I don’t really feel the need. I have a high end gaming PC which gets newer Gamepass games, and a One X for those old games Gamepass offers. So I’m not really missing anything at this point. Which is why I only went PS5 this gen instead of both like I usually do.
Honestly bro I don’t know anyone who treats gamepass as they primary source of gaming outside maybe kids who can’t get lot of games. It’s a enhancement on top of the games you fukk with it.

for instance say I’m a story mode gamer and don’t mass with sports or racers, I can get my small time sport or racing fix in instead of buying the game.

Or if I’m mainly a sports gamer I can get my small single player fix in ect.

no madden fans are waiting til after the super bowl to buy madden bro, ect, no battlefield fan is waiting til the next battlefield to play the game.

it adds on top of what you already play. It’s the value that it brings that makes it something to brag on. IMO, why would anyone hate on that? Not to mention you get all Xbox first party titles day of release.

also allows for the best phone streaming video gaming on the go on the market for no extra cost, also allows you to at all those games on pc if you play there also.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I guess you would have plenty of extra time to play games waiting on hyped up games and 1st party exclusives year round.

:ehh:

There isn't enough time in the week for me to catch up with backlog, play the games I like, and play all the new releases at launch

Thankfully gamepass provides an alternative to that, and not only that it's enhanced most times also
:banderas:
Wait, doesn't this contradict each other? You don't have time to catch up with backlog, play what you like and play new releases at launch...

but you have time to play backlog games on Gamepass, new releases at launch(on gamepass) and play the ones you like on Gamepass?

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Honestly if I had Gamepass I wouldn't buy any games, I would just wait for them to show up on GP.

That would be like not buying movies because you have Netflix's.

Netflix's isn't going to get everything, it's just something to supplement movies and it just like it has grown into more of its own thing outside of a movie streaming service gamepass will too.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
"Game Pass is destroying the industry" - Sony Stans

"PS Now is the same as Game Pass" - also Sony Stans

"did you see this month's PS Plus games?!?! " - also Sony Stans

Ps plus is a side dish.

Mac & cheese with chicken and greens :hula: Mac & cheese as dinner

If sony told me the only thing coming out for the ps5 is shyt on ps plus and shyt I can get on the ps4 for all of 2021, i wouldn’t have bought a a ps5

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Wait, doesn't this contradict each other? You don't have time to catch up with backlog, play what you like and play new releases at launch...

but you have time to play backlog games on Gamepass, new releases at launch(on gamepass) and play the ones you like on Gamepass?

So you think my backlog never gets chipped away at? Or I have it all purchased and ready to load up on ps4, ps5 Xbox360 Xbox1 and series x?:stopitslime:

Part of the reason backlog grows is because, A) time, B) I gotta purchase it, C) I'd have to load it on its respective console, D) lack of quick back and forth access...

Gamepass eliminates pretty much all those.
I still have a dishonored 2 quick saved that I can hop back in at any given moment load up super fast and be right where I left on, stop and hop back on whatever else I'm playing and then instantly resume again.

My back log isn't just Xbox it's playstation pc and switch. Ironically enough the switch does the second best job at handling back log.

The ps4 use to be pretty great with it too

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Ps plus is a side dish.

Mac & cheese with chicken and greens :hula: Mac & cheese as dinner

If sony told me the only thing coming out for the ps5 is shyt on ps plus and shyt I can get on the ps4 for all of 2021, i wouldn’t have bought a a ps5
Instead you bought it for miles dlc, a demon souls remake, Destruction all stars, returnal, final fantasy dlc, and ratchet and clank 15

8.TRES

All Star
Daps
That would be like not buying movies because you have Netflix's.

Netflix's isn't going to get everything, it's just something to supplement movies and it just like it has grown into more of its own thing outside of a movie streaming service gamepass will too.

which is why my point is that it exists for people who don't want everything

i’m not big on movies and theatre, the last personal purchase i made was a collectors edition of scarface years back, and im content with just using netflix when im in the mood

gamepass is for the equivalent to me in terms of video games

Ineedmoney504

SOHH ICEY...WE EATIN
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY N.O.
which is why my point is that it exists for people who don't want everything

i’m not big on movies and theatre, the last personal purchase i made was a collectors edition of scarface years back, and im content with just using netflix when im in the mood

gamepass is for the equivalent to me in terms of video games
No it’s not. Everyone had they preference, so nobody is soley relying on gamepass. Everyone is purchasing stuff that interest them immediately. Like I said earlier no madden or 2k fans waiting for it to come on streaming service, so it’s just a enhancement on whatever you already fukk.